Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Flavorburst

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#61 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:28 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 pm Mind you that Im far from the only person on the team who thought the situation with SCs where an issue and nor was it my idea to do this implementation but Im all for it.

Again SCs are objective based, not a free for all kill party.
You guys could probably address the things I pointed out in my last post @ you instead of mucking about with domination, though.

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Post#62 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Great event! This kind of thing players like =)

Congratulations!!!

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#63 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 pm Is there a middleground to be reached here if the 12 kill-ammount proves to be too little and maybe raise it to 20?

12 kills seem rather easy to obtain in Battle For Praag on a full wipe.
It can be tweaked ofc. Just like anything else. But remember that 12 more kills means that one side killed 2 full parties more then the other team. So in a fight where its all instantly (I would imagine very rare) it means 2fp clashed and one side killed the entire other team with no losses and then killed one more.

OldSparky

Post#64 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 pm Mind you that Im far from the only person on the team who thought the situation with SCs where an issue and nor was it my idea to do this implementation but Im all for it.

But did you or the team consider the fact that players are also gonna kill to get to the objective? People won't just punt eachother away to get to the objective - they will fight and kill for the objective. So if a team goes on to kill to hold the objective and accidentally get 12 kills then Domination should kick in? This is actually absurd because I think there's nothing more discouraging than getting the message about being dominated.

Personally I'd at least double the killcount and make it an uninterrupted killing spree for the domination to kick in.

Flavorburst

Post#65 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:39 pm

Let's also not forget the Rambles of the world that practically suicide ~12x in an SC

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#66 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:41 pm

OldSparky wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm

But did you or the team consider the fact that players are also gonna kill to get to the objective? People won't just punt eachother away to get to the objective - they will fight and kill for the objective. So if a team goes on to kill to hold the objective and accidentally get 12 kills then Domination should kick in? This is actually absurd because I think there's nothing more discouraging than getting the message about being dominated.

Personally I'd at least double the killcount and make it an uninterrupted killing spree for the domination to kick in.
If you have such ideas then why the full out negativity out the gate? All systems we do can be tweaked and no system is ever implemented with a sticker saying that it wont change in the future.

We did consider that and as such are observing. But again it means that one team have more then 2 fp kills more then the other. In most SCs kill count ends with highest numbers around 30 ish in my experience. In this case if the winners get 30 then the team loosing needed to get 18 kills or domination would kick in. Is that unreasonable?

Ill stress that we are in no way against kills per say, we are against people going in a SC and purposefully ignoring objective. Previous mechanics this was encouraged by the system as if you simple had slightly more points you would want to max kills for rewards as the system in the end would score you up regardless and then you reap max rewards for not doing objectives.

Teinhala

Post#67 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 pm

next step - remove fight from sc.
objective guys are happy

rmpl

Post#68 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm
wonshot wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 pm Is there a middleground to be reached here if the 12 kill-ammount proves to be too little and maybe raise it to 20?

It can be tweaked ofc. Just like anything else. But remember that 12 more kills means that one side killed 2 full parties more then the other team. So in a fight where its all instantly (I would imagine very rare) it means 2fp clashed and one side killed the entire other team with no losses and then killed one more.
We literally just won highpass cementary with you despite having 20 less kills because we capped the flag twice and the opposite team had no time to regain the points since domination ended the match for them. Do you really think this is working as intended? :roll:

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#69 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 pm

rmpl wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm

We literally just won highpass cementary with you despite having 20 less kills because we capped the flag twice and the opposite team had no time to regain the points since domination ended the match for them. Do you really think this is working as intended? :roll:
working perfectly? no, but honestly better then a system that would literally reward people for ignoring objective and just go killing.

Aethilmar

Post#70 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:55 pm

So the new domination mechanic not working as described in at least a couple of SCs: Maw of Madness and Doomfist. Both cases one side was down by more than 12 kills and the domination mechanic never kicked in. However, did see it kick in for Phoenix Throne in same situation.