Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jail

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#121 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:36 pm

Teinhala wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 pm next step - remove fight from sc.
objective guys are happy
Chinesehero is a big fan of this

Ads
Scottx125

Post#122 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:28 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm I guess it's easier to pretend that no one has responded to anything in this thread that already addresses your concern.
Those answers haven't alleviated my concerns, in fact they've worsened them. The fact that nobody saw this SC change as an issue before it was rolled out is baffling. And part of my comment was a suggestion on how this feature might work in a similar implementation. And as I've had time to think further I can see the logic behind this. If one team is forced to sit and wait for 10 minutes whilst one side gets an uptick to 500 points while the other team is stuck being camped at spawn, there isn't really any fun in that. This countdown timer which prevents a tick to 500 points and ends the match earlier also isn't fun because it punishes the winning team for winning. A good game design philosophy is never punish the player, instead offer rewards for what you want them to do. (These are random ideas I've had but they follow along the same idea)If you want people to fight over points and deter spawn camping, the obvious answer would be to reward holding an objective more than killing someone in the SC. Or just have a distance check on players or a capture object determining their distance from their own spawn and the enemy spawn, the further they are from both the better the reward they get over the course of the match (mathematically making holding the object in the middle of the map the best option, as well as rewarding players close to the orb holder).
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Tesq

Post#123 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:54 am

qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:18 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm
qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm

You see the point, this meatball just jump to any class with light armor and he just wipe them by the knock 2-3 secs. Even the most burst class like WE/WH cant do it ! Melee SH was totally overpowering. I know what im talking about, cus played a lot solo and this dps is insane.
I think class'es with ability like Pounce shouldn't have this kind of burst.
Oh you mean like white lion? :roll:
Sure like wl also ! Im for balance !! ;)
Lets balance aswell
-6 sec stag with no real immunity from we/wh
-bw 4 sec silence ....
-bw/sw 3 sec instead 2 kd...
-ch/kobs stag insane ap cost
-Wl pet acces a second stare lasting 10 sec, cd 10
-mara /wl root m1 be 10 instead 5 sec.
-all melee KD be 3 instead 2 sec.

Aye :D

whole 1.4.7 ninja buff shenanigansplus some inherited issue.

^^

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#124 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am

This may get a lot of hate but anyone stating that unless someone participate in the 6v6 community their thoughts on balance is diminished or even ignored needs to stop. That elitist mindset is unwarranted and totally unwanted.

@scottx125
Problem with the old system is that its actively encouraging players to ignore objective and farm kills because of the scoreup. That is an affront to how things are supposed to be dealt with and as such had to go.

Targhor

Post#125 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:29 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am @Targhor

Sorry, but if you get outplayed consistently and don't do anything about it, that is your problem; the people doing the outplaying (be it either PvP or Objective-based - or both) shouldn't be penalised to appease you.
wow, look at this awesome magic trick, pulling a "consistently getting outplayed" out of a nowhere-hat.
i´m sure nobody will notice that.
bravo!

and repeating an opinion, after its been pointed out as being one, will surely add more value to it, so it becomes a valid argument instead.
bravo #2!

bichka

Post#126 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 am

99,9999999% pugger player : about scs, i played couple of scs and tbh i like how fast inbalaced ones is tend to finish faster.
but 12 should be increased imho. like 20 or even more. 1 wipe for both parties of one side isn't something special and still can be fight back.
qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm
I think class'es with ability like Pounce shouldn't have this kind of burst.
meanwhile WL's pet ignoring gcd and devs don't care.
Last edited by bichka on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

nat3s

Post#127 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 am

Natherul wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am This may get a lot of hate but anyone stating that unless someone participate in the 6v6 community their thoughts on balance is diminished or even ignored needs to stop. That elitist mindset is unwarranted and totally unwanted.

@scottx125
Problem with the old system is that its actively encouraging players to ignore objective and farm kills because of the scoreup. That is an affront to how things are supposed to be dealt with and as such had to go.

Elitist mindset is unhelpful and people like Pete have annoyed me no end over time.

My big concern with these changes, and this was discussed on Zarbix stream yesterday, is the devs don't seem to understand the true state of of balance at present. The mSH change is bizarre, they were not overperforming and there are far stronger classes that need toning down (WL, aSW, Slayer, dps DoK). A 25% net loss is also a drastic change which cannot be overcome by slotting a different tactic.

Zarbix is calm and measured most of the time, it's the first time I've seen him perplexed at the design direction.

Is there any chance of a balance Q&A or forum post that would provide some context as there must be a wider direction that's justifying these tweaks e.g. could it be that whilst testing the new city siege gear that mSH scaled better than expected OR mSH is being turned into a WL mirror (yes please!!) - anything like that where people can understand the decision making would really help instill confidence.
Last edited by nat3s on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

aa91837

Post#128 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am

bichka wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 am
meanwhile WL's pet ignoring gcd and devs don't care.
working as intended.(according to ror devs)
Nobody on the broken noob class

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#129 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 am

nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 am
Natherul wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am This may get a lot of hate but anyone stating that unless someone participate in the 6v6 community their thoughts on balance is diminished or even ignored needs to stop. That elitist mindset is unwarranted and totally unwanted.

@scottx125

Elitist mindset is unhelpful and people like Pete have annoyed me no end over time.

My big concern with these changes, and this was discussed on Zarbix stream yesterday, is the devs don't seem to understand the true state of of balance at present. The mSH change is bizarre, they were not overperforming and there are far stronger classes that need toning down (WL, aSW, Slayer, dps DoK). A 25% net loss is also a drastic change which cannot be overcome by slotting a different tactic.

Zarbix is calm and measured most of the time, it's the first time I've seen him perplexed at the design direction.

Is there any chance of a balance Q&A or forum post that would provide some context as there must be a wider direction that's justifying these tweaks e.g. could it be that whilst testing the new city siege gear that mSH scaled better than expected OR mSH is being turned into a WL mirror (yes please!!) - anything like that where people can understand the decision making would really help instill confidence.
As we stated (both in that stream and here), we are monitoring it and we have already a few ideas on how to fix it should it be needed. The whole situation with 2 tactics with straight % damage increases needed is just plain bad design and shows a problem in the core of the career. However it should be noted that when we look at it we look at more then just damage output of the SH, we look at mobility, defense, single target dmg and aoe dmg.

Manatikik

Post#130 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:42 am

Natherul wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:53 am

@scottx125

As we stated (both in that stream and here), we are monitoring it and we have already a few ideas on how to fix it should it be needed. The whole situation with 2 tactics with straight % damage increases needed is just plain bad design and shows a problem in the core of the career. However it should be noted that when we look at it we look at more then just damage output of the SH, we look at mobility, defense, single target dmg and aoe dmg.
I’d just like to point out that ranged sh/sw are the only two dps classes without a damage modifier of ~50% and they don’t have ability damage to compensate for that. I’ve never seen anyone post a reasoning for this or any comment on it - this is probably why people think msh/asw is over performing, because they finally do as much damage as every other dps class in the game and they think something must be wrong.
<Montague><Capulet>