Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest TANK

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: Warrior Priest TANK

Post#31 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:21 pm What role would Wrath take in a group though? A healer? A DPS? If you can bring a damage dealer that can both function as a DPS and heal sufficient amounts to justify not bringing 2 other healers, then why bring any other DPS?

How you described Salv and Grace is pretty much how they already function: Grace WP can be incredibly tanky with 30%+ block, 50%+ parry, decent D+D, Sigmar's Shield, high wounds, etc. Grace WP has to be in the frontline to heal, and can survive pretty well in 6v6 up to 18v18, i.e the scales the spec was designed for.
Sigmar's Shield is okay but really it's damage mitigation. It's generally not enough to out heal active damage and it drains your RF like nothing else. Shielding Grace is okay, but it's cool down time is ridiculous and it completely drains all your RF to support only 6 people. Where tanks support anyone behind them with 15% DD which stacks.. And it doesn't completely drain their AP's. If shielding Grace actually gave some better defensive stats with a lower cooldown timer or perhaps actually healed people whilst it increased blocking. It might be a good emergency defensive ability for enemy pushes. But as it stands it's expensive and doesn't really do much.

My issue is that Grace should be a tanky melee build, but more often than not it lacks most aspects that make it an effective tank and an effective healer.. I still don't understand why Grace of Sigmar is still a tactic.. It should be integrated into the ability as without the tactic the ability is near worthless.

And wrath doesn't make any sense. It's designed as a DPS build yet is out DPSed by pretty much every other DPS class. Which then begs the question why choose wrath? And there's no answer because it's not worth it. The only way DPS would be worth while is if it did similar damage to a pure DPS class OR did less DPS then pure DPS classes but was able to heal but nowhere near as much as Salvation and was nowhere near as tanky due to the healing as Grace.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

Wrath brings group damage proc (Prayer of Righteousness), does very respectable DPS when you have 4 stacks of Guilty Soul, provides a Heal Debuff, provides offheals via Divine Assault, and can help with ST cleanses.

It's really not that bad at all.

BeautfulToad

Post#33 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Scott,

I am told Wrath relies on very powerful gear. I think you are aiming for at least 800 STR.

Overall, I probably agree that Grace should be more close to tanky frontline healer, without it being linked to damage, and Wrath more similar to what Grace is.

Cant see it happening, however. Too many Wrath WPs around and it would be too big a change.

Scottx125

Post#34 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 pm Scott,

I am told Wrath relies on very powerful gear. I think you are aiming for at least 800 STR.

Overall, I probably agree that Grace should be more close to tanky frontline healer, without it being linked to damage, and Wrath more similar to what Grace is.

Cant see it happening, however. Too many Wrath WPs around and it would be too big a change.
True, I particularly just HATE the look of a WP with a shield, it looks so stupid to me. Especially with the tiny buckler shields.. I always envisioned a defensive WP using a 2H warhammer using magic and melee skill to defend himself.. Maybe we'll see some changes in future, but it seems like the WP rework has gone on permanent hiatus for the time being.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

BeautfulToad

Post#35 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:11 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:57 pm Scott,

True, I partially just HATE the look of a WP with a shield, it looks so stupid to me. Especially with the tiny buckler shields.. I always envisioned a defensive WP using a 2H warhammer using magic and melee skill to defend himself.. Maybe we'll see some changes in future, but it seems like the WP rework has gone on permanent hiatus for the time being.
In every thread on WP Grace suggests that the kotbs shields should be usable by WP. So I shall make the same suggestion now!

Scottx125

Post#36 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:23 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm In every thread on WP Grace suggests that the kotbs shields should be usable by WP. So I shall make the same suggestion now!
Yeah, I'd honestly settle with a basic plain shield model or one that just has Sigmars logo on it. It'd be better than the silly little bucklers we get.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Alsayr

Post#37 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:57 am

For me 1 path maybe for full tank with some specific options for this classes. Now is unplayable, BTW il not see to many WP with shield. Look at T4 WP Keep Lord - he looks good ;-). If il think about tank WP generally i see good block and some party buffs.

------------------------------

Dont know about heal (heal or not - how many heal) ? I dont know what with guard (guard or no ? the same guard like old school tanks ?), because if this idea was be realized WP can most OP and ppl was be cry on forum :D.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Sinereas

Post#38 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 pm

Having in mind that mythic had absolutely no idea on how to balance it on live, imho the three paths were originally designed on paper following a simple logical scheme:
Salv: ++heal --dmg (large scale intended)
Grace: +heal -dmg (small scale intended)
Wrath: --heal ++dmg (overall use)

Before recent devs changes, players like Rydiak were going grace with mace'n'book, with excellent results: however it was working because of the ability of the player and his strong will to find a workaround for a non-balanced path.

Honestly I don't like mace/buckler version and I will not get mad by learning the painful play style it requires, but, as much as I would love to grab a 2h hammer and go grace, I aseptically recognize that the latest changes are going very close to how the class should be: we have a good backline healer, a versatile frontline healer, a hard-skinned fully-accessoried melee dps.

I think we are close to the real balance of this class, and the only tuning that can be done now are "solving" RF limitation to Salvation and adding some group utility to Wrath, something like swapping divine strike to Wrath path (if such things can be technically done)

Moranda
WP RR54
Moranda

Ads
kam19080

Post#39 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 am

In my opinion, shield spec is the ultimate build of WP.

If u say that WP can be a tank, it is just partly correct.

WP can not taunt, challenge and guard as many replies said before.

However, WP is a healer as a core, he has many healing skills.

I would say that WP is a defensive melee healer instead of a tank. On the opposite side, Dok is an offensive melee healer.

This is my build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4171,4154

If you play grace(shield/tank/defensive), you should have 4k+armor, 600+resist, and 400+thoughness.

My equipment:
4 pcs of redeye for 5xx armor bonus
The Winds Impervious jewel set
4 pcs of the invader set
weapon & shield (toughness>willpower>wounds)

Talisman(armor & toughness or resist)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#40 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:24 am

kam19080 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 am In my opinion, shield spec is the ultimate build of WP.

If u say that WP can be a tank, it is just partly correct.

WP can not taunt, challenge and guard as many replies said before.

However, WP is a healer as a core, he has many healing skills.

I would say that WP is a defensive melee healer instead of a tank. On the opposite side, Dok is an offensive melee healer.

This is my build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4171,4154

If you play grace(shield/tank/defensive), you should have 4k+armor, 600+resist, and 400+thoughness.

My equipment:
4 pcs of redeye for 5xx armor bonus
The Winds Impervious jewel set
4 pcs of the invader set
weapon & shield (toughness>willpower>wounds)

Talisman(armor & toughness or resist)
Whats the purpose of your build? It looks really strange. You play as melee healer? Use also some salv skills? Why no sigmars grace? Not worth it? Why spirit resi tactic and not discipline, exalted defense, charged fury, fueled fury or shield of faith?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM