Recent Topics

Ads

PvP mindset

Let's talk about... everything else
michela89

Re: PvP mindset

Post#21 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm

I would argue that most of the Competitive (E-sport level videogames) out there are actually objective based.

Mobas like Dota e Lol? Yep heavily objective based

Overwatch? Yep basically fighting on flags (which is an area to cap there)

sincerely I would find Kill based scenarios pretty boring. But objective based scenarios where you can skip the fighting are also very dumb.

So things like Thunder Valley shouldn't be brought up, they are not a good example of a good objective based scenario basically.

flintboth wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:05 pm If there were less differences between gear power probably you would have less differences between the both categories you draw, 1) and 2) and fight would be more interesting.
Game would be less progression based and more battle/RvR/PvP oriented but I m just a player, this is just my opinion.
There would be more scenario because more fair enough.

Currently gear power differences as more impact in scenario than on RvR, because the players number on the RvR make gear differences less visible.
In scenario the gears differences impact on the battle outcome, match become unfair if one side is full geared.
that's also worth considering.

but thing is that people will ALWAYS try to exploit the system somehow. If running around capping flags and ignoring fights is rewarded with a win, they (we) will do it. Because it means more emblems and faster.

So basically wanting or not to fight in those cases isn't even the issue. It's more like I said people with take the shortest route to gear.
Last edited by michela89 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:18 pm

When scenarios of that kind (ie pure objective play, no PvP required) are constantly plaguing the rotation, then they should 100% be brought up in such discussions.

michela89

Post#23 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:22 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:18 pm When scenarios of that kind (ie pure objective play, no PvP required) are constantly plaguing the rotation, then they should 100% be brought up in such discussions.

The point is that's not even not be considered an objective scenario. That's a completely FLAWED scenario.
Last edited by michela89 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:24 pm

michela89 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:22 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:18 pm When scenarios of that kind (ie pure objective play, no PvP required) are constantly plaguing the rotation, then they should 100% be brought up in such discussions.

The point is that's not even not be considered an objective scenario. That's a completely FLAWED scenario.
I'm glad we think the same.

Korsario

Post#25 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Pvp Doesnt mean smack things with a hammer until it dies.

Its more like do your objective WHILE fending the enemy. scenarios are NOT and should NEVER be wow arenas.

wonshot

Post#26 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Once again, if more Nordenwatch-alike scs would be in the routations
Forts would be having an NPC healer for the defenders and killing on the flags, during stage two would have any sort of contribution since Stage2 is 100% objective focused.

I think we could see slightly more useage of abilties on players(killing and fighting) and less time mounted with focus on rewards. Very dumped down.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#27 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm

If some scenarios are bad then Im open for suggestions on how to improve those specific SCs. Some feedback from players have been added to the bomb SCs with next patch in fact.

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Natherul wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm If some scenarios are bad then Im open for suggestions on how to improve those specific SCs. Some feedback from players have been added to the bomb SCs with next patch in fact.
Sounds good.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#29 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:08 pm

to add to my last post. If anyone want to make such a suggestion dont do it here but make a new thread in the suggestion subforum with a good title and how and why it should be changed.

If it seems like a good idea and the community seems to like it, it may get implemented.

Just pointing this out for clarity and avoiding a mess with suggestions being added here.

bichka

Post#30 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm This thread sings off my same hymn sheet.

Played since day 1 of live. Never cared in the slightest what's happening with flags, castles, zones, realms. Just the fighting. Used to run with a guild on live (Evil Inc) where literally nobody gave a monkeys about the realm mechanics. Just point us in the direction of the enemy. Good times.
lets say sc mechanic was about to give chance for losing side to do something or when both sides is equal.
i don't understand why EC here is only for prems or disabled. It's pretty fun sc for pugs too, especially with punters.

there also were time when guards in sc's wc or rvr wc was hard but killable and tankable under m4. It's was awesome in Eltharion to be able to destroy whole wc with NPC and guards :mrgreen: