Recent Topics

Ads

"IF" this game got a reboot

Let's talk about... everything else
Tothjowii

"IF" this game got a reboot

Post#1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while now. It was if by some small chance in hell that this game would get a reboot by some one. I know this is not a great topic but here goes nothing.

First off I would want to have some better crafting options like blacksmithing and such along with this I would want to have first aid so we could heal in between fight with out using the potions in the game would be great. Also getting gear that is the same level as the person your playing is problematic to say the least. As the game is now the only way to get gear at later levels is to do RvR or to have a guild or a group of friends do Dungeons with you.

Second part of this that I would love to see is one whole map that you can explore to your hearts content. Now I know this is shooting for the moon kind of hoping but these kind of things are more fun than instanced zones that they had for the old game.

Thirdly I would love to see more races in the game than just the normal ones there are a lot of them from Beastmen to others that could have been races in the game and it would have been interesting to see how things where for each race during the Age of Reckoning

Ads
bichka

Re: "IF" this game got a reboot

Post#2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am

MMOs is dead. Much more money from lootboxes and mobile trash.
Also not so much like RVR aspect of the game, ppl like to grind mobs in WoW-like games.

So add here license cost from GW and you will understand that it's never happens.

zak68

Post#3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 am

bichka wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am MMOs is dead.
i don't think so.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm

bichka wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am MMOs is dead. Much more money from lootboxes and mobile trash.
Also not so much like RVR aspect of the game, ppl like to grind mobs in WoW-like games.

So add here license cost from GW and you will understand that it's never happens.
Pretty much this. Even though the gw license doesnt cost a penny anymore, thats why we see so many warhammer games from small studios lately. But yeah, the western mmo market is only a niche nowadays and most likely not going to return. (which is good because mmos suck balls in terms of gameplay and grahics)

michela89

Post#5 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:15 pm

zak68 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 am
bichka wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:43 am MMOs is dead.
i don't think so.
they kinda are tho.

We have MMos which are still pretty much alive and doing good like WoW, FF14...but even smaller stuff like GW2 etc etc. But they are all MMOs released years ago.

We don't have big MMO releases anymore, we just have some crap **** like Bless Online that is already closing down.

Years ago we had new AAA mmos release very often, from WHO to SWTOR etc etc.
Nowadays what we are left with? Bless like ****, and forever in development hell crowd-funded mmos which will see the light of day in the year of 20xx (or never). Like star citizen, camelot unchained , crowfall.

Darks63

Post#6 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Prolly will never happen given GW fanatical ip protection but on the bright side there are more WH games to choose from now and some are actually good like Vermintide and TW:WH.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:55 pm

mm what has happen to chamelot unchained?

michela89

Post#8 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:55 pm mm what has happen to chamelot unchained?
development hell. It means it has been in dev for years, and it will most likely take some other years till we see something remotely passable for a game.

but hey, atleast it has not been scrapped yet.

Ads
zak68

Post#9 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:30 am

Tesq wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:55 pm mm what has happen to chamelot unchained?
testing sieges and siege machines, lately.

Tothjowii

Post#10 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Now that i think about it its does seems like that is the case we get sooo many mmo's that we try out then find out that they're not worth playing anymore or just die out on there own. This happened for me with Albion online. Tried it out for a little bit but it lost steam for me after a while i loved the idea of it but there where things that bugged me while playing it . For-instance the personal islands are locked behind a premium wall a key part of the game and you had to have premium to access it. It seems like no one wants to get there product out all ready to play and get minor patches to fix the little issues. Its all about how much cash can they get from us and how fast they can make us fork it over.

I Hope the new Lord of the Rings game that is development will be better than what has been out before really looking forward to seeing what the gameplay of that game is going to be like.