Recent Topics

Ads

SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else
labotimy

Re: SC almost dead

Post#11 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Ilthay wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:23 am There were lots of good fights tonight in scs, not sure what you're on about.
Maybe the hour long queue during EU primetime for solo dps. Yea sc's borderline dead, Devs you should probably do something about this for the sake of server longevity.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 pm

the first and simplest thing the devs can do is not screw over dps by artifically inflating the DPS pool by catogorizing 2h tanks as dps for some god forsaken reason

though we have been asking for this change for ages now

Toonman

Post#13 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 am
If the future direction not on SC, pls tell us.
I mean, it's pretty clear by now isn't it? SC have been **** since Forts dropped and whatever change was made to the queing. Absolutely sucks though, as no other pvp in any other game comes close to RoR's pvp. SC is where the best pvp happens and it's a shame people would rather run PvE or blob around instead of participating.

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 pm the first and simplest thing the devs can do is not screw over dps by artifically inflating the DPS pool by catogorizing 2h tanks as dps for some god forsaken reason

While doing it, add dps healers to that pool too, because a dps healer is better than no healer at all or no sc pops, because no healer ready to open a new sc.
Often enough sc start without any healers nowadays, there is no improvement compared to previous iterations.
Dying is no option.

Zxul

Post#15 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 pm a dps healer is better than no healer at all
On the side note there are those dps healers which can't heal whatsoever. Despite the fact that having some healing is lot better even for solo. Special blame goes to dps doks which can't function at all without guard+heal, if you want a choppa roll an actual choppa, which also comes with actual mdps abilities such as pull and aoe.

And I'm saying this as someone who played dps dok both back on live and here.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

adamthelc

Post#16 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:39 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:55 pm the first and simplest thing the devs can do is not screw over dps by artifically inflating the DPS pool by catogorizing 2h tanks as dps for some god forsaken reason

While doing it, add dps healers to that pool too, because a dps healer is better than no healer at all or no sc pops, because no healer ready to open a new sc.
Often enough sc start without any healers nowadays, there is no improvement compared to previous iterations.
That wouldnt work. If there were some way to give dps healers priority in a no healer situation that would be one thing. But I dont think everyone else in a scenario wants to have a bunch of dps healers in a scenario in place of healers when healers are actually in the queue.

I do agree that scenario comps dont seem much better for the added queue times. But I dont know how much of that is my own confirmation bias.

Tesq

Post#17 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm

So it talked zaratu-tzeench: sc are dead ror grind killed them.

Joke aside how can i grind 1500 x 2 currency for a staff....not even sov or maybe only sov weapons were that much..... Also only some classes profit from weapon sc.

Ex: most likely melee are the one that profit more from sc weapons.

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm So it talked zaratu-tzeench: sc are dead ror grind killed them.

Joke aside how can i grind 1500 x 2 currency for a staff....not even sov or maybe only sov weapons were that much..... Also only some classes profit from weapon sc.

Eh, you're ill-advised to use the SC weapon over the BL as a 2h MDPS, as: a) 4.2 speed > 3.8/3.6, and b) the 5% damage >>>> the -200ish armor negative.

Ads
Arthem

Post#19 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Toonman wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:13 pm
Chinesehero wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 am
If the future direction not on SC, pls tell us.
I mean, it's pretty clear by now isn't it? SC have been **** since Forts dropped and whatever change was made to the queing. Absolutely sucks though, as no other pvp in any other game comes close to RoR's pvp. SC is where the best pvp happens and it's a shame people would rather run PvE or blob around instead of participating.
You mean best PvP was in Age of Reckoning? RoR is being taken in a best flag capping and carrying resources direction.

Tesq

Post#20 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:54 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm So it talked zaratu-tzeench: sc are dead ror grind killed them.

Eh, you're ill-advised to use the SC weapon over the BL as a 2h MDPS, as: a) 4.2 speed > 3.8/3.6, and b) the 5% damage >>>> the -200ish armor negative.
Now now momemt meta is not the general sc line objector also stuff can be nerf ;)

Generaly even in live melee alwas had use for sc weapon while rdps prefered bug lotd one.

Also not said they are the best, just melee are prob those profit more from em