Recent Topics

Ads

Tree Hit Combo.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TenTonHammer

Re: Tree Hit Combo.

Post#41 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Mordecaieth wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:39 pm
Kurama wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:36 am Not to mention armor stacking meta affects BO dmg while SM does spiritual dmg.
This. Nobody ever talks about this. Whine all you want about BO having more damage boosters than SM but don't forget about the freaking armor stacking meta that has literally sliced BO damage in half, and I will even go so far to say that the damage boosters we get are the only thing that makes our damage viable or even able to somewhat burst.

And NO. DYG is perfect as it is. We're talking about THC, not DYG.
Ok but..Wot Armor? + Demolishig Strike + WS buff

yes armor stacking is an issue but its mitigated to some extent on BO

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Lmfao @ anyone who thinks BO damage is bad rn. You have an armor debuff (2 including Demolishing, which you get much more benefit outta than a SM), a WS buff, and can bring Zealot tactic debuff if you really wanted to. The damage is great.

Penril

Post#43 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Not gonna happen, THC is a pure damage skill and in this server it has been mentioned several times that DPS = 2H, deftard = SnB.

TenTonHammer

Post#44 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:26 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:55 pm Lmfao @ anyone who thinks BO damage is bad rn. You have an armor debuff (2 including Demolishing, which you get much more benefit outta than a SM), a WS buff, and can bring Zealot tactic debuff if you really wanted to. The damage is great.
Dosnt matter, this was a nerf to SnB bos dmg output that was not warranted and made the spec overall less fun to play

THC is a class defining ability that was unreasonably shoved into a 2H requirement because the devs have terrible preconceived notions about tanks as it has been made clear

And you can’t honestly say that SnB brawler bo was overperforming to justify this change

People want this change reverted since day 1, people have made multiple proposals for it and we are just met with silence that’s frustrating

DokB

Post#45 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:47 am

Making THC SnB again would be a good first step in encouraging more people to take SnB in smallscale/scenarios. The proposal threads are there and waiting for when the devs care enough.
Here and here.

Penril wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm Not gonna happen, THC is a pure damage skill and in this server it has been mentioned several times that DPS = 2H, deftard = SnB.
This, unfortunately, is the most likely case of what has happened. Devs have a preconceived opinion which is absolutely ridiculous.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Arteker616

Post#46 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:41 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:55 pm Lmfao @ anyone who thinks BO damage is bad rn. You have an armor debuff (2 including Demolishing, which you get much more benefit outta than a SM), a WS buff, and can bring Zealot tactic debuff if you really wanted to. The damage is great.
yeah dmg was great but mitigation and guard made the bo weak as hell compared to other tanks .there is a reason most borks on live and here played the SB brawler . was the only way to play the bork decently .

if u look at bork history u would notice how the class was downgraded from being the most retarded stronk tank class to the worst by a long shot.
yet people still saw the videos of 2hander borks on screaming cat broken gear krumping people and think it was great .
and for the record WS stacking bork tactic was nuked here by aza while keeping his loved sms with double sp debuff .

Arteker616

Post#47 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:49 am

DokB wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:45 pm I’m fairly sure it was decided by Torque at the time that BO shouldn’t be doing DPS while SnB (much like Swordmaster) and wanted to test the brand new skill to help 2h BO survive. There was no prior discussion on forum as far as I’m aware, it just simply happened one day.

Personally I don’t think 2H BO over performs as you are still quite squishy and susceptible to rDPS as you always have been.

At the time I was optimistic to see what would be done with 2H and I’m pretty happy with the result (mainly due to DYG being accessible along with THC and YW is pretty fun). I wish a little more could be done to make 2H more appealing (perhaps something could be done with Da Big Un or some kind of parry buff similar to Eagles Flight that the SM gets). SnB could certainly do with some love in the form of making THC usable with SnB again. WB/RvR spec doesn’t even take THC anyway as far as I’m aware so I don’t think there would be any repercussions outside the ones already stated in this thread in regards to 2H appeal.
it wasnt like that , bork brawler build was nuked , first was big swing , tactics , the bellow procs , mostdly due to the ever crying of the same forum warriors .
Torque wanted to give bork players a bone and throwed a screwjob of epic dimensions , wich is hillarious because he did a massive great job on black guards . probably because he played his bg way more than he ever did his 2hander bork(was not common to see him quit when he played it and swap to the bg in short time).
so u ended with the bork we know as wb aoe spammer and not much else .

DokB

Post#48 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 am

Tl;dr Torque **** up: That is basically what I said. He wanted to breathe life into the 2H BO which needed it direly and in the process SnB DPS got **** by removing its defining ability.
Big Brawlin nerf wasn’t justified at the time and its current version is still not good enough to warrant taking it. 20% snare is nothing. Not sure what bellow proc nerf you’re referring to.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#49 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:22 am

Whoever says THC should stay as 2H, please, go get hallucinogen mushroom therapy to rethink your life.

Taking away the FUN factor from careers it's just madness!

Careers need to have an identity and be fun to play on all specs, i happen to play a black ork and left it at r77 because some genius devs decided to NERF it to oblivion.

Can a dev with some courage and good will fix the game and make it FUN again???? Dear gork, so many players stopped playing their Black Orkz because of this stoopid "2H is suposed to be DPS and SnB only a HTL spammer, GET OUT OF 'ERE

Beeing able to theorycraft your own spec is what makes an MMORPG fun to play. By adding all this 2H requirements you are taking away the chance for us the players to play this game as we wish.

#MakeWarGreatAgain
Last edited by adapter on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

rmpl

Post#50 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 am

I wouldn't shift the blame to Torque, it's most likely part of the irrational Nath's crusade against 2h tanks.