Recent Topics

Ads

RoR needs you!

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Re: RoR needs you!

Post#11 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:46 pm
Spoiler:
Lheana wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:59 pm Image

As Database Developers, we mainly work on PvE content (NPCs, GOs, PQs, ToK, quests…), and as DB lead, my goal has always been and will always be to make things the way they are meant to be, which usually means like they were on official.
Thanks to Yaliskah, we have RoR and much information, but sadly we are also lacking much information. The goal of the following topics is to gather information, as much as possible, mainly screenshots or hopefully videos you made on official. Note that every file is welcome! Even the most basic screenshot can be helpful! We are also using many websites to help us gathering information, so if you know some, don’t hesitate to share them!
I know you are glad and thankful that every day RoR team makes live this wonderful game again. I also know many would like to contribute more. Now is the time! So let’s check all the screenshots you took on official ;)

Keep in mind that we are limited on what we can do for now, RoR is a whole world that we need to rebuild, step by step.
The goal of these topics is NOT to debate, any post that will not follow the rules will be deleted.

You can also contact me directly on forum or on Discord (Lheana #7986) if you prefer or have any questions.

Public Quests:
Every file about Public Quests can be posted in this topic: Public Quests

Quests:
Every file about Quests can be posted in this topic: Quests

Tome of Knowledge unlocks:
Every file related to ToK unlocks can be posted in this topic: Tome of Knowledge unlocks
this is too vague, could you be more specific on what you need? i opened tome unlock link but there is no info on what you miss for exemple i know that capture fortress unlock a title and is not yet implemented but i duno if its a choice, a bug, or you still didnt have time to impemented it.
I think for quests and PQs explanations and examples are enough.
About ToK unlocks, if you loved it too on official, I guess the best you can do is check RoR Wiki, see if the info there fits with the info you had. For some unlocks, info is missing - but I know many unlocks were not working on official - like in section Achievements, so if you have the information about how to trigger the unlock, don't hesitate to share it (the best is a screenshot or a website).
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Ads
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#12 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 pm

Yazeran wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:41 pm I found few screenshots from 2010. Like Treeman boss stage II in Hunters Vale, etc. Is that what you need?
Hunters Vale is a dungeon. But if you have this kind of screenshots for quests/PQs/ToK, sure! :)
Head DB Developer

Yazeran

Post#13 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#14 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes thanks!
Head DB Developer

Limentaen

Post#15 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 pm

When war ended i started a blog where i have some screenshots:
http://memoriesofwarhammer.blogspot.com/

If you need anything specific pm with what so i can search what i have

Khorba

Re: RoR needs you! BLACK ORDER

Post#16 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Apperance LooK !

1.item skill look /Quest Revard Loot
2.white items /appearance look
3.class items look mysterious
4.skill <axe throw> the same for all classes animation / items / calls look for example trow pike_Trow knife-spell shadow bolt/fire bolt - stone
..... ................................................... :?: ........... :geek: ....................... :ugeek: ....... ............ :shock: <<<
5.Ranger Sloot for users empty :mrgreen:

BlackOrder

Zegra

Post#17 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am

so I came on here after watching some players playing on twitch - and got nostalgic. I have 2 old computers still with the game loaded in it - but I am sure I have LOTS of screen shots on these PCs, I need to fire them up to see if they still turn on ( been in my basement for some time ) but I think they should be ok - you want EVERY picture I have ?

All so I am not sure if anything can be taken from the files in the computers that you could use - I all so would not know how to pull these but if there was something to be gained and you could tell me how to pull that info, happy to try.

At the time - I had the 2nd or 3rd most tome unlocks in the world - but the thing was the person with the most did email me after the game shut and told me they had a conversation with one of the developers who told him what some of the broken tome unlock were meant to be/do - that email may be on one of these old computers as a file - cant promise anything but will try to see if its there, don't think I have his email address any more as it was such a long time ago.

I will see what I can come up with even if its just pictures.

Lheana
Head Database Developer

Post#18 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:06 pm

Zegra wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am so I came on here after watching some players playing on twitch - and got nostalgic. I have 2 old computers still with the game loaded in it - but I am sure I have LOTS of screen shots on these PCs, I need to fire them up to see if they still turn on ( been in my basement for some time ) but I think they should be ok - you want EVERY picture I have ?
No I don't want EVERY screenshot you have. The description provided at the start of each topic for Public Quests, Quests and ToK (see links inside the first post) should be enough for you to understand what can be of interest for us. If you have doubts for some, feel free to add them, but I would prefer to avoid having to take 10 screenshots that are really useful out of 300 that did not fit at all with the descriptions.
Zegra wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am All so I am not sure if anything can be taken from the files in the computers that you could use - I all so would not know how to pull these but if there was something to be gained and you could tell me how to pull that info, happy to try.
I advice you to use a shared box on internet, thanks to Google Drive or Dropbox for example. That way you can share folders easily and it's free.
Zegra wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:48 am At the time - I had the 2nd or 3rd most tome unlocks in the world - but the thing was the person with the most did email me after the game shut and told me they had a conversation with one of the developers who told him what some of the broken tome unlock were meant to be/do - that email may be on one of these old computers as a file - cant promise anything but will try to see if its there, don't think I have his email address any more as it was such a long time ago.

I will see what I can come up with even if its just pictures.
If you find it, we'll be glad to read it ;)
Head DB Developer

Ads