For full discussion of selected topics.
Zxul

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#71 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:19 pm

Comes to think of:

M1 - Inevitable Changing

Current - 600dmg, restores AP to full
Proposed - 900dmg, restores AP to full

Instead: This moral becomes a toggle, when its activated Throw Axe scales off strength instead of off ballistic, and chosen doesn't gains any moral for as long as its toggled on.

The AP regen isn't worth the moral slot, this from other hand will make choosing m1 lot more of a tactical decision.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Detangler

Post#72 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Im not going to go thru that wall of destro complaints and counter with all the order complaints that have been rehashed in other threads and completely derail the conversation. There are gripes on both sides about imbalance issues - most are justified. I'm just saying that the devs don't intentionally favor one side or the other.

Back to Skin of Iron. First off it's an m2. I was inaccurate in my first message. This makes it pretty potent, and ill explain how this could be used. Tanks in forts are building up Morales outside of melee range on opposite sides of a wall. IB has far more than is needed to use Skin of Iron and leads the way pushing into the enemy defenses. Since it's only an m2, all the marauder drains won't stop the IB from getting m2 off. IB shuts down all the marauders and choppas while his friends run in free from the morale drains and can drop m4s with ease. The destro shield tanks won't be affected and can still be knocked down or punted as they were too busy spamming HtL to get hit with a 5 second disarm.

Sounds like a pretty good situational ability to me.

Now please, theory craft me wrong here.

Edited for accuracy and to make me sound like less of a jerk. :p
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Goliathus

Post#73 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:48 pm

When will Black orcs get a much needed jump/charge/speed boost/cc immunity morale? They need something to keep up with their melee train bro's
Exclusiv - Dps DoK
Whazghkull - Beefeater Tank
Chonka - Pink Machine
Elflover - Spread love, not hate
Smolderin - Burn all heretics!

adapter
Suspended

Post#74 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:58 pm

i really like this changes, gonna make careers feel more unique, gud stuff.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

zgolec

Post#75 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm Try playing a Slayer. They're a melee class with good AOE potential. Happy I could help. 8-)
Aye they are.

They dont have aoe morale drains tho. Neither has WL on aoe tree.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Parallell86

Post#76 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:29 am

Goliathus wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:48 pm When will Black orcs get a much needed jump/charge/speed boost/cc immunity morale? They need something to keep up with their melee train bro's
Much needed? WL have pounce, buff every melee class on order because they cant keep up. Same mentality. You fall behind, deal with it.
adapter wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:58 pm i really like this changes, gonna make careers feel more unique, gud stuff.
You like the changes because you play destro. These changes will tilt the entire RVR situation in Destros favour. (tilt it over actually, it's already tilted to destro's favour)

BigBadBob

Post#77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm

I'm not experienced enough to comment on most of the changes, however as a kotbs player I am the brunt of nothing but nerfs here. The core M4 is being nerfed, along with both the utility and tank m4s. No escape and emperor's champion being nerfed too means there is even less reason to play as a kotbs.

With the current number of tanks in orvr I wonder who is pushing such nerfs, since it's clearly not because tanks are overpowered, or more people would actually play them.

How about we try and come up with ways to enhance tank classes (particularly 2 h tanks for those with poor 2h trees) so people want to play them (since everyone agrees how important they are but nobody actually wants to play one).

labotimy

Post#78 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Yikes absolutely gutting knight morals across the board. Outside of Solar Flare and Immaculate, these nerfs seems pretty pointless. Changing the functionality rather then minor number adjustments of all these racial m1-3's is just gonna change the feel of the class in a negative way IMO, and seems rather sloppy/not well thought out.

How do you start the conversation with 'immaculate too stronk must nerf, make other m4 appealing' then simultaneously over nerf alternative appealing m4 choices like Flawless Defense. What was even the point?
Last edited by labotimy on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
aqualice

Post#79 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Wings of Heaven change completely unnecessary ! What prompts? Order mobility advantage = give more tool to Des to counter (simple solution)

Making Wings M1 will let classic GWL/ASW/SM kill pugs even quicker now

WExWH

Post#80 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:20 pm

you should post your idea for the other archetypes, especially healer. saying is bad or not when we can't see how counter those change which increase the damage of most moral unless u want a one win button for the fastest side to build their moral.