Recent Topics

Ads

"Guild Token" mounts rework proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
toffikx

"Guild Token" mounts rework proposal

Post#1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Hello!

The new "guild token mounts" were realesed some time ago. My view is that the potential of these mounts, in terms of what additional content they can bring, and as a cosmetic goal in itself, is being wasted.

Issue:
While the token quests are not unfair in themselves, it is the requirement for these quests (atleast full guild group) that doesn't feel right. It favours large guilds over small guilds, and makes it in many instances unrealistic for small guilds to field those numbers. There have been moments in where people in small guilds felt the need to leave their guild and merge several people into another guild, just for the duration of the quests. Seems stupid that you would have to do things like this. The mounts are also expirable with a 7-d duration, and I atleast would prefer a permanent version.

I believe these mounts should be achievable for EVERYONE, and not favour big guilds or disfavour small guilds.

Proposals:
- If they should be achievable through quests or likewise, make those quests count not only for guild groups, but for alliance groups too. It makes it easier to group up and doesn't feel as much as a "big guild vs small guild" issue.
- Change them from duration-based to permament (with quest rework making them long-term goals). I think many people like the feeling of having an item as belonging to them.
- Change them from duration based to permament and remove the quests. Instead put a renown rank barrier or gold, or both a renown rank barrier and gold. It puts additional incentive to strive for that higher renown on your character, aswell as providing a gold sink and incentive to participate in the game economy.

Keep in mind, these are my personal views. If you disagree and think otherwise, that's absolutely fine.

Cheers.
Last edited by toffikx on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: "Guild Token" mounts rework proposal

Post#2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:28 pm

The entire point of the quests are to group up and it does not take a large guild to do this as it just needs 6 people on at the same time.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 pm

Agree with you toffikc.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Manatikik

Post#4 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm

larsulu wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 pm Agree with you toffikc.
That’s just cause you’re a part of two dead guilds now :D
<Montague><Capulet>

toffikx

Post#5 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:08 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm That’s just cause you’re a part of two dead guilds now :D
The smaller guild I am in can field 8-10 people, split 40-60 between NA and Euro timezone. There are plenty of guilds like that, and I’m sure someone like you knows it. The point is, guild size should not matter. If you look for example at the guild rank system implemented here from AoR (more or less), it doesn’t matter how many people you have, you can progress regardless. The AoR had our default 60% mount bound to GR 38 if I remember correctly. Not every guild was GR 38, but every guild could achieve it sooner or later, regardless of member count. It would be weird to recruit filler people just so you can complete a mount quest, no?
Last edited by toffikx on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

bctakhy

Post#6 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:11 pm

I think problem is the time it stay. 1 week looks soo low.

Persolany i play only 1-2 times week atm. I like play many chars / rols, soo i play what that day feel i wanna do but just in think to use one day just to farm mount/talis make me not play at all. And i dont care do pve, i like it, but not the grind needed for play.

Maybe devs have to think in make all that grind stuff stay 30 days soo ppl that dont have time to play 24/7 can play more of 1 char.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:18 pm

What grind is involved with guild mount quest?
Dying is no option.

zachary

Post#8 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:27 pm

I agree with bctakhy... maybe the devs can make them last for a week of _played_ time (168 hrs)? or if that's too much then maybe 24 or 48 played hours?
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
Goryak

Post#9 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Just make it a gold sink, we have none atm.

250g or 500g for permanent mount should be a decent gold sinker.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Austherus

Post#10 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:11 pm

I had no idea those mounts were temporary, now that explains why I see more mantycores than guild mounts. I was looking forward to it, but my little guild can't field 6 players at a specific time (and we still have a lot of leveling to do to reach that threshold anyway), we have members from all timezones. And it would be unfair to those that can't be on with the main group.
Goryak wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm Just make it a gold sink, we have none atm.

250g or 500g for permanent mount should be a decent gold sinker.
1000g plus the requirement for guild level 38 would be a proper gold and time sink I think, to make it a reasonable achievement and not just another natural step in mount progression.