Recent Topics

Ads

"Guild Token" mounts rework proposal

Let's talk about... everything else
madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: "Guild Token" mounts rework proposal

Post#11 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 pm

I think decayable items are useless wouldnt even go to bother off getting the mount because i might use it once or twice and its gone. It should be a buyable item with special currency reasonably priced but still challenging to get. Mount should be pemanent. Using high amounts of gold are not the answer you need pot, linements, talisman etc to maximise youre toon these are not cheap. Great youve paid 1000g for a fancy mount but youre character is a complete spanner and hits like a wet noodle. I will spend gold on my character not cosmetic overpriced mounts.

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 pm

I think decayable items are useless wouldnt even go to bother off getting the mount because i might use it once or twice and its gone. It should be a buyable item with special currency reasonably priced but still challenging to get. Mount should be pemanent. Using high amounts of gold are not the answer you need pot, linements, talisman etc to maximise youre toon these are not cheap. Great youve paid 1000g for a fancy mount but youre character is a complete spanner and hits like a wet noodle. I will spend gold on my character not cosmetic overpriced mounts.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm
larsulu wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 pm Agree with you toffikc.
That’s just cause you’re a part of two dead guilds now :D
I’m alone
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Skullgrin

Post#14 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:02 am

Natherul wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:28 pm The entire point of the quests are to group up and it does not take a large guild to do this as it just needs 6 people on at the same time.

No offense meant here, and I really have no skin in this part of the game as I'm not in a guild, but I really do think that the European Devs have a bit of a blind spot regarding the challenges North American players face regarding low population and how it affects being able to get a solid group together on a regular basis. Sure, the numbers look OK at any one time (say total pop of 100 players at a time on each side) - but if you take a closer look at who those players are you may realize that only 10 out of the 100 are the same people every time. Just something to think about, as Europe has much higher overall population in general and doesn't have to deal with this problem quite as much.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Nefarian78

Post#15 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:31 am

Goryak wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:45 pm Just make it a gold sink, we have none atm.

250g or 500g for permanent mount should be a decent gold sinker.
Lmao, 250 or 500g is nothing.

Make it 1500-2000 + guild rank, and then maybe there's going to be some small amount of prestige associated with it.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Austherus

Post#16 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:08 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:49 pm I think decayable items are useless wouldnt even go to bother off getting the mount because i might use it once or twice and its gone. It should be a buyable item with special currency reasonably priced but still challenging to get. Mount should be pemanent. Using high amounts of gold are not the answer you need pot, linements, talisman etc to maximise youre toon these are not cheap. Great youve paid 1000g for a fancy mount but youre character is a complete spanner and hits like a wet noodle. I will spend gold on my character not cosmetic overpriced mounts.
Like said above, 1000 gold is nothing. It's your choice to purchase those items instead of crafting them. Someone else is getting very rich at your expense.

toffikx

Post#17 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:54 am

toffikx wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:26 pm Proposals:
- If they should be achievable through quests or likewise, make those quests count not only for guild groups, but for alliance groups too. It makes it easier to group up and doesn't feel as much as a "big guild vs small guild" issue.
I’d like atleast this one to be reconsidered.

Goryak

Post#18 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:31 am Lmao, 250 or 500g is nothing.

Make it 1500-2000 + guild rank, and then maybe there's going to be some small amount of prestige associated with it.
Uhmmm, yea, I am fine with that. Was just trying to not make new players go "2000g?! I had to borrow 60g just to buy the 100g mount!" mentality. xD

At 2000g it is still achievable for someone that does the bare minimun sales wise on AH or selling stuff to npcs.
The high price might make some people actually start using AH more to sell their stuff so that is definitely a positive too.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
Jandeporas

Post#19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 pm

First of all let me explain my bias about playstyle, sometimes I enjoy being on premades and sometimes I enjoy puging...
Since I like all my characters it entirelly depends on how I feel in order to go premade or go pug, I go overflow warband most of the times with guildies or friends.

The current mount situation reveals devs want to destroy pug mentality, trying to indoctrinate the playerbase bribing them with cool looking mounts. I'm afraid the current system will only polarize even further the >premade vs pug mentality< and I think it's the wrong way to deal with it, better mounts should reflect personal progression like such:
Paying 2000g
Being 70rr
Be in a +38 lvl guild

Something achievable being constant, if you're adamant about making these mounts expire consider making them expire after a month not after a week

Again, imagine if LOTD would only be accesible through premade-zeppelins, the playerbase would reach crippling low numbers and server attacks would be constant Y_Y
Spoiler:

Eversoris

Post#20 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:35 pm

In my opinion, guild mounts should be permanent and not temporary.

An example of the requirements to access them would be:

1200gold
Guild LeveL 30+
RR65+
Guild Tokens 50 / Max. 10 each day (but not obtainable only in a guild group, since many people cannot get together with such amount on a daily basis)

While I do understand about premades and its goal, we (RoR Server) don't have enough people to focus just on it, our goal should be more sided to pug mentality (only PVE).

Also, it could be promoted to play daily, such as daily missions to acquire Guild Tokens, 5g for connecting every 24 hours in a level 30+ guild or alternative skins of weapons (1h/2h/shield)
Pain is temporary. Eversoris is forever.
-------------------
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/eversoris_
►► YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Eversoris