Recent Topics

Ads

Balance issues

Let's talk about... everything else
cjimaras

Balance issues

Post#1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am

Just logged out from Praag siege as destro. You know that a game has balanced issues when you see that a class is overpopulated. Guess what... There were 18 engies and 10 dps AM's melting everyone with their dots. I love the game and i feel very grateful for the devs that keeping it alive.
But please, can someone spend some time rebalancing the classes? Though i have order toons i refuse to join the OP side (yes the order is pretty OP for me - and i am not the only thinking that).
Probably this post will be delete as rant post but what i said is true. 18 engies and 10 dps AM's. Must be a reason that there are so many of them. Plz check it.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Balance issues

Post#2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am

Both classes (specs) are considered pretty underperforming in RVR, especially in multiples. Stacking damage on the same target is always destructive, nomather what ranged class it is. But DoT's are easily outhealeble tbh. You need to stack 10'sh dots on a target to get a possitive net outcome, where two group healers can't outheal it anymore and several of em will be cleansed away. If you die to DoTs you're most likly solo, unguarded or in a group without healers.

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:53 am

those 2 Dot classes only really perform well in their niche of attacking unguarded unhealed pugs. engi is a low priority class (max 1 magnet) for an actual organized warband - and dps Am is a joke, heal Am also low priority.
outside EU evening hours when pop isnt too high, these pug killer solo classes perform well. limited risk, okayish reward.
as a result of too many order players choosing these good solo rdps classes, it leads to less players playing actual frontline classes (tanks + aoe slayer). so when a destro melee frontline consisting of aoe choppa, aoe mara, chosens and BORKs starts pushing, all those solo order rdps heroes flee to all possible directions. now this would be an actual balance issue.

Acidic

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Engine and AM would not be in my list of OP :)

Think I would aim such a post at things like rampage

bradbury111

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:24 pm

In t1-t2/3 scenarios they probably overperform together with a third in disguise, this is my experience while leveling there, but if I have to pretend to always play in a perfect group composition, I guess, discussions can't ever start.

Kellanved

Post#6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:30 pm

I totaly agree with Aurandilaz explaining state. Its not balance problem. (I would be likely to look at choppa pull overperform first instead of L2P issue of be dead from Sniper Engi)
We all know order have a tradition of playing engis since first BT Sniper Squad was born.
Keep defence is where all Engi spec shine: Magnet pull people into oil, Snipers kill priority targets and Grenades put aoe presure on enemy healers who need to all time spam clense and heals to maintain his party. Magus work same way and people dont cry so much about it.
From other hand we have dps AM's. Second great enemy of destro after 3-2-1-Dead-WL.
As healer AM perform ok. Have + and -. As dps is a kite type solo ganker with not that good self sustain (or good if he pass some dps for more heals). Shammy work same way and propably even better due racial speed tactic and auto detaunt tactic. AM/Sham as T1 Gods are not so OP anymore in T4 but way of thinking stay with players who where ganked or just killed in T1 by them.
Both classes can be anoying but good wb with 2-2-2 setup rarely feel their presence (maybe good Engi with good timing is able to kill someone from good wb but not AM) but most of time pug wb's have rarely 2 healers for party. Mostly one sometimes 2-3 for full wb. In this environment they will always kill and only ways to deal with it is to get better wb/group or just press this "Yes" button when healer give u rez and do job like nothing happened.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

dether

Post#7 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:34 pm

If you expect to solo then maybe roll a class that is good at it but if you run solo as a sorceror for example i wouldnt expect to do good. Some classes shine at solo or roam and a few others are good for organised Warband instead of asking to make this classes decent to be in a group and offer some kinf of utility you want to nerf them.... Magus and DPS shamans are as good as Engies and AMs for solo OP as you called am's and engi should they nerfed too?

WeGotThis

Post#8 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:58 pm

cjimaras wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am Though i have order toons i refuse to join the OP side (yes the order is pretty OP for me - and i am not the only thinking that).
Probably this post will be delete as rant post but what i said is true. 18 engies and 10 dps AM's. Must be a reason that there are so many of them. Plz check it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just peed myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sound's less a balance issure, than more of a L2P issue.
you should gain more experience, and in some months you should read your post again and tell us how many times you "faceplamed* yourself 8-)

Untill then, Cheerioo :geek:

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#9 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:01 pm

If you think engi is "underperforming" and can only kill "unguarded unhealed pugs"....you are doing it wrong. The AOE is very strong...especially with the addition of phos shells. You can also do really nice damage in pull spec...though most go some silly ass tank mode.

oaliaen

Post#10 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:03 pm

100% analisys from Aurandilaz. This makes me wonder why devs dont nerf Rampage or Runefang. Cause everything on mellee order is in small scale.

edit: Its a own faction balance issue i would say.