Ads

Best Order/Destro Tank for WB Play

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: Best Order/Destro Tank for WB Play

Post#21 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 pm
dansari wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:37 am
Detangler wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 am Anything but IB/BG. All others are definitely wanted
This is hilarious when you actually understand IB is a staple in order warbands by providing high defense and offense for Slayers especially and incredible aoe cc through Ancestor's Fury, Powered Etchings, Oathbound, and Earthshatter, to name a few. IBs are also the tank who can most easily kite and move around via Avalanche. lol
The IB is not that useful. And kiting in warband? Seriously dude, thats 6 man bullshit.

Plus, Earthshatter is broken, it doesnt apply snare as it should, sometimes, sometimes not. Not worth using since way back.
The IB is easily replaced with a SM or Knight who can contribute so much more with so much less effort.

Same reason why BGs are not the number one on destro realm, the mechanics. ST buffing a squishie as f*** m.dps who is not the priority choice in a warband either, you got yourself two lesser valuable class in the warband. I take a BW or a WL and a Knight over those two. Like Glorian said, the knight activates 3 auras and use HTL and contribute alot more. While the IB is buffing and doing other stuff, he is not using HTL.
I play NA -- not as blob v blob as EU :D
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Toggle

Post#22 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks for all of the input! I’ll take it all into consideration when I make my decision.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Kotbs/Chosen for 1 simple reason, the Static group buffs. The other tanks need to work their ass and being in combat while the two I mentioned always have their Auras up. The other tanks have stronger effects for boosting a single dps class, but CH/Knight just have everything up at all time for the entire group, no matter if your in close combat or hiding behind a wall. Their buffs can't be blocked or parried either.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 pm

The fact that SM isn't even mentioned speaks volumes.
Shame.
It has the best aesthetics of all the order tanks.

Parallell86

Post#25 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 am

Mystry wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 pm The fact that SM isn't even mentioned speaks volumes.
Shame.
CNTK use SM's in warband.
dansari wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:52 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 pm
dansari wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:37 am

This is hilarious when you actually understand IB is a staple in order warbands by providing high defense and offense for Slayers especially and incredible aoe cc through Ancestor's Fury, Powered Etchings, Oathbound, and Earthshatter, to name a few. IBs are also the tank who can most easily kite and move around via Avalanche. lol
The IB is not that useful. And kiting in warband? Seriously dude, thats 6 man bullshit.

Plus, Earthshatter is broken, it doesnt apply snare as it should, sometimes, sometimes not. Not worth using since way back.
The IB is easily replaced with a SM or Knight who can contribute so much more with so much less effort.

Same reason why BGs are not the number one on destro realm, the mechanics. ST buffing a squishie as f*** m.dps who is not the priority choice in a warband either, you got yourself two lesser valuable class in the warband. I take a BW or a WL and a Knight over those two. Like Glorian said, the knight activates 3 auras and use HTL and contribute alot more. While the IB is buffing and doing other stuff, he is not using HTL.
I play NA -- not as blob v blob as EU :D
NA doesnt even have the numbers to form a blob. On EU prime its impossible not to, the pugs to begin with will either blob like hell (mostly destro, forcing order to do the same), or they tagg along the guild warbands. Hell, some destro guild warbands favour holding hands aswell. But with those numbers there will be blobbing. With your numbers, small scale and individual warband play is alot easier.

zgolec

Post#26 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 am

Mystry wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 pm The fact that SM isn't even mentioned speaks volumes.
Shame.
Best looking armors are not available :(

The othr thing worth mentioning is that any respected WB run with SM for WW ;) SLayer and BW become even more fearsome with it ;)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

SWEtree

Post#27 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm

daddyboar wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:00 am In this Video you can see an amazing Black Orc SnB WAAAAGH tactic experience!
Enjoy video:
:mrgreen: https://youtu.be/kKkHIFi5CD4 :mrgreen:
Those choppapulls....Haha order spend more time in the air than on the ground!
Still,a great video :)
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL