Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] some questions from a new SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xarax

[SW] some questions from a new SW

Post#1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:57 am

Im playing the assault spec currently 31/38 and i really enjoy it. do some damage on range if to dangerous in melee range and then go in and finish. Had some good kills this way.

Is Assault viable for dungeons like gunbad too or should i respec for dungeons to scout/skirm?
AE only every 20 sec but i think ST should be more than fine, right?

SFA can be used in assault and skirm stance. How does it scale?
Should i switch to skirm while on range because it only scales with ballistic or is it fine to use it while in assault stance while running in? (no shadow step yet)
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Re: [SW] some questions from a new SW

Post#2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 am

Rerol mate. The devs have crippled this class. Listen to an advice from a 83rr double invader geared SW. Go make a BW, a slayer or a knight. These are the most OP classes in the game. And devs love them.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

WeGotThis

Post#3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:36 am

1. Totally viable in PvE.

2. in meele you don't have usefull AoE, which is fince, cuz its a singletarget spec, for AoE spec range.

3. SFA is also usefull in Assault stance, you get extra WS, and your ballistic GRANTS strength in Assault stance and won't consume it... So you have high BS and STR. SFA is possible in assault but only usefull when you cant reach your traget.
Only reasons for Skirmish switches are snare and Ranged AA

As said above, (a little bit whiny but not wrong) ranged SW is garbage...
But meele SW rocks...

xarax

Post#4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:04 am

thank you!
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Arthem

Post#5 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:52 am

Range SW is safer in pve because its less damage and you wont pull aggro. In PVP you can dot up in assault but you should only switch to skirmish if you want to snare them.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Assault is totally viable in PVE. Think of yourself as WH with extremely strong single target dps. People won't pick SW for AoE damage anyway.

At least you are not skirmish in pve, god they do next to no dmg waiting for their dot to go off. Mob dies before it tics the full duration and you have no burst to take down adds/pillars or whatnot.

Don't know about scout but then why go scout when you can go assault.

Arthem

Post#7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Because you will pull aggro.

Likeaboss

Post#8 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Thats right... But at least with discord or agrometer by your own, you know when to chill with dps a little bit ;)
Last edited by Likeaboss on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Adelmar

Post#9 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:20 pm

@OP
I would recommend NOT going scout in PvE, but the typical skirmish or assault build will work well. I prefer assault in PvE myself. It does really good single target, as others have stated, and you still have sweeping slash to help supplement your other dps (hopefully they have ACTUAL aoe). Obviously you need to be aware of certain boss mechanics when running assault, some can be brutal for melee.
As for skirmish, it CAN do okay in dungeons and is relatively safe in most fights but you will take a pretty sizeable loss in dps for it.
My 2 cents
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Manatikik

Post#10 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Arthem wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm Because you will pull aggro.

You really shouldn’t be able to pull aggro unless your tank is messing up. And as long as you have guard you should be able to tank most bosses (assuming people are geared/spec’d right).
<Montague><Capulet>