Recent Topics

Ads

[SCENARIO REWORK] : Logrin's forge

Let's talk about... everything else
Yaliskah
Former Staff

[SCENARIO REWORK] : Logrin's forge

Post#1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Before reading further, please note this post is focused on scenario internal issues.

This is a first step in scenario rework. General scenario mechanics like matchmaking, rotation, domination, ladders eventually, etcetc, is another subject much more complex. Reflexion about it started, but whatever the direction, it will take some time.

General purpose is to make some "simple" changes on scenario that you do not like, according this post, to lift game design issues.

Development gonna start in few days, and purpose of this post, is :
-first- To present you the coming concept.
-second- To let us know if you find any terrible issue with it we could have missed.

Here we go.

[SCENARIO REWORK 001] : Logrin's forge

Motive of change
According feedbacks, Logrin's Forge suffer some issues :
-Winners after the first run have a huge advantage (defending passively and ninja, forcing enemy to attack + winning buff)
-Considered as a AFK BO scenario.
-Logrin's Forge, Khaine's Embrace and Highpass Cemetery follow the same game logic and suffer the same issues. If the following concept, works, it will be (cosmetically) adapted for KE and HPC.

Specificity
-A tomb is added in the middle of the map (the same model as existing one)
-Winning buff is removed
-Explosion component is added (in a “lava” scenario it makes sense)
-A flag must be added in UI
-Domination buff maybe be removed as a test (many entry points, low risk of spawn camping)
-cap time is 5 seconds

Conditions
-CONSTRAINT : If you hold [middle] BO only (for any reason), [middle] explode (announced, 15 sec) : Score : 0pts. After Explosion, [middle] reset and is locked for 20 seconds.

-LESSER O§BJECTIVE : If you hold [left] and [right] only, [middle] BO (neutral or not) explode (announced, 30 sec) : Score : 20pts. After Explosion, [left] [right] and [middle] reset and are locked for 20 seconds.

-CLASSIC OBJECTIVE : If you hold [left] and [middle], [left] and [middle] explode (not [right]) (announced, 15 sec). : Score : 80pts. After Explosion, [left] and [middle] reset and are locked for 20 seconds.

-CLASSIC OBJECTIVE : If you hold [right] and [middle], [right] and[middle] explode (not [left]) (announced, 15 sec). : Score : 80pts. After Explosion, [right] and [middle] reset and are locked for 20 seconds.

-EXTRA OBJECTIVE : If you hold [right] [left] and [middle], [right] [left] and [middle] explode (announced, 15 sec). : Score : 160pts. After Explosion[left] [right] and [middle] reset and are locked for 20 seconds.

Additional Info
-Score and kills : Killing an enemy directly or in explosion : same as actual Khaine’s Embrace Sc

-After a BO has exploded, this BO becomes neutral and can’t be interacted for 20 seconds (the BO is too hot after explosion to be used again)

-A BO who is not responsible/involved in an explosion keep its state (held or neutral) and can be interacted.

-During the 15 seconds announcement, BO are still interactable and situation can change (middle BO recapped, left or right BO lost), it will update/reset announcement. (same as Khaine’s embrace)

Ads
DokB

Re: [SCENARIO REWORK] : Logrin's forge

Post#2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Sounds pretty good and nothing really stands out as potentially negative with these proposed changes. Very surprising. :o
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

RuffRyder

Feedback to SC rework proposal

Post#3 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 am

Although it is kinda off-topic I like to say that the approach you are making with the latest SC rework threads is surprisingly good and I would like to see more of these kind. ofc the more complex a content is, the more complex the discussion will be, but the dialogue with the community this way is very appreciated. Hoping to see more…

For Logrin's Forge itself the changes sound reasonable, although I doubt a bit that a explosion mechanic is really needed like in Khaine's Embrace. The conditions read a bit chaotic actually, if an explosion is added then I would say restrict it to holding all three objectives with a higher bonus, because it is a task that can't be achieved that easily on this kind of map, since the ways between the objectives are rather short.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

OndeTv

Post#4 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:02 am

Been running it many times in my head, and i can't seem to find any flaws with the logic. Mechanics force good fighting. Only possible need for tweaks i see may be the "arming" timers, but those would have to be looked at after many test runs.

Thumbs up from me.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

wachlarz

Post#5 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

Awsome changes

Gangan

Post#6 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am

Sound "explosive" 🤯 At least you will be forced to move and not sit on one BO. Looking forward to test this^^

What radius will the explosions have? Same as in KE(almost half map) or smaller ? Do they instakill or deal a high amount of DMG (e.g.5k)?
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:44 am

Gangan wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am Sound "explosive" 🤯 At least you will be forced to move and not sit on one BO. Looking forward to test this^^

What radius will the explosions have? Same as in KE(almost half map) or smaller ? Do they instakill or deal a high amount of DMG (e.g.5k)?

Instakill. You can see the radius on the picture, the big green circles.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:23 am

I like it. Ty for your work.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Ysaran