Recent Topics

Ads

Cancelled

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: No zerg agreement

Post#81 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:06 am

lol
An appeal to the enemies to withold their full power. Since when has that worked in any competative enviroment? Get better at what you do and the loss won't feel as frustrating, knowing you did what you could. This would include realm wide morale as the willingness to work together to overcome what you need to overcome, as well as guilds and their leaders skills to reqruit players. Players are resources just like renown and gear are.

Ads
Lorsten

Post#82 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:40 pm

How can anyone talk about competitive play in a game with no real balance between realms and classes in any scale?
If game goes to 24vs24, does it mean that all classes except top tier ones (BW, KOTBS, SORC, etc) are out of any endgame RVR (sieges)?
In blob you can play any class you want, even the underperforming one. Any restrictions in RVR will be nightmare for every class, except top tier ones.
How many WL's/WH/SW/AM/Engies will be in your WB, dear Bombling and other cyberathlets, if city sieges will be 24v24? No need to answer.

FMJ is not a tryhard guild with stable roster, we welcome all new players, all classes. We try to make 2 WB's so everybody can play on classes, they want to play/twinks. If anybody doesnt like it and calls it blobbing, honestly i dont care, i care only about my guildmates having fun, and from what i see (online and emotes in discord) we going in right direction. I personally having fun in massive RVR fights, even if we lose. Im speaking from myself, i dont know what our leaders think about it.
Last edited by Lorsten on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oaliaen

Post#83 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:49 pm

I hope none..

OndeTv

Post#84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:06 am [...]words[...]
I urge you to reread both the original post and what you yourself wrote. When you are done, do it a few more times and reflect on it. If at that point you still feel you are on the subject, then well...
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

roadkillrobin

Post#85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 pm

OndeTv wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 pm
I urge you to reread both the original post and what you yourself wrote. When you are done, do it a few more times and reflect on it. If at that point you still feel you are on the subject, then well...
I've done like you said and I still stand by my statement. A gentleman's agreement won't solve these "issues".
The guy is basically asking for player based restrain to not progress their characters for "the greater good" and the health for the game play.

Luuca

Post#86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:23 am

too many players? this must be an exclusively EU issue. NA has the STP going on nightly.. Same Twenty People.

OndeTv

Post#87 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 pm
OndeTv wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:49 pm
I've done like you said and I still stand by my statement. A gentleman's agreement won't solve these "issues".
The guy is basically asking for player based restrain to not progress their characters for "the greater good" and the health for the game play.
Ok, since the server is down and i've got nothing better to do right now, i'll bite and elaborate a bit:

The main reason a gentlemans agreement here is better, is that noone likes to be rolled over by a massive zerg while being in a small number (solo, party, small scale, single wb) themselves. Not even the winning side aka the blob likes it over time, since although "winning", the opposition quickly does 1 of 2 things:

1) Disappear from the battlefield altogether
2) Turtle in their keep (which is almost the same as scenario 1)

In the case of 1) it can lead to easy zoneflips, and sure, this can lead to player progress assuming lucky keep bag rolls for low/mid geared players. It can even lead to fort bags if whichever side did the blobbing takes it all the way to the fort (and assuming the server doesn't crash). This process however is most of the time a very lengthy one and much more rng on player progress than just fighting in the field and having fun.

In the case of 2) though, instead it often means a case of very boring keep siege stalemate. Lets face it. Neither side generally wants to siege if the numbers are about equal in the rvr pool, since defenders always has the advantage regardless of which faction it is. Instead this is where the battle of attrition should take place out in the field.

So in essence, by mass zerging, people are halting their own progress - and fun - more than if they fought on more equal terms in the field. Even if they lose more than they win.

Ofcourse such an agreement will never be fully functional. However, the more people - and guilds in general - play by these general rules of thumb, the more fun everyone involved will have playing the game that we all love. And in turn also progress faster while doing so.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Collateral

Post#88 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am

How about instead of having to "agree" on some rule that's virtually impossible to follow, the game mechanics actually try to reduce blobbing :o

Ads
mubbl

Post#89 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:25 am

Collateral wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am How about instead of having to "agree" on some rule that's virtually impossible to follow, the game mechanics actually try to reduce blobbing :o
:o
:shock:

wonshot

Post#90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Collateral wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am How about instead of having to "agree" on some rule that's virtually impossible to follow, the game mechanics actually try to reduce blobbing :o
Didnt they try that at one point, the bigger the aao the bigger the damage output. Solo Maras killing zergs.

Could maybe bring this back, but make it not apply when within range of a battle objective. So an example would be not on the Martys Sqare BO in praag, but if you try to ambush the ram zerg headed on the mainroad to the keep you could zergbust.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO