Recent Topics

Ads

Malus

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: Malus

Post#21 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:45 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 pm If not, maybe make malus reduce down to 25% renown but give underpopulated side up to 50% damage reduction so they can stick it to the zerglings and make out like bandits with that sweet AAO bonus. That'd make me wanna go out again and again to farm the poor zerglings for rolling the easy side.
Problem is, 50% damage reduction won't save you when being zerged by 5 wbs. While it will guarantee that the few on the winning side willing to not join the zerg now, will after this change- why would they want to go into the zone alone not only for low renown, but also while having to deal with 50% immunity opponents.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Akalukz

Post#22 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:50 am

Malus should stay for sure. Could further incentives people to play the underdog side with a new reward, possibly tokens/influence that can only be gained when you have AAO, purely cosemetics or possibly even account wide unlocks for cosmetic gears.
-= Agony =-

Zaxxond

Post#23 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:53 am

Reward the side with AAO with scaling RR up to 3x's RR and increase the rewards vs Zerg?

Another carrot that could be dangled is if AAO is over 100, invader drops on db.

Detangler

Post#24 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:57 am

Lol invader drops on 100+ AAO - the server would crash from all the xrealmers going back and forth. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Akalukz

Post#25 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:00 am

why not do the invader when you have 100+ AAO, put in some safe guards for actual population and can probably swing some players, and normally higher end ones at that.
-= Agony =-

Silverbow100

Post#26 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:14 am

I used to run premade with my dad and brother and a few friends from back in the day all the time. 9 of us stopped playing that I know for a fact because of it. There were loads of promises about "finding a better solution" and this being temporary, yet here we are a year later still nothing changed. I've seen countless threads(I look at forums once a week to keep up) to see if it changes and there have been many a post with good ideas. Looks like that's another promise the team will not be upholding.
Oh well! Was worth a shot to maybe get the topic kick started again but seems to have wasted time. Suppose we will have to continue to wait or give up entirely(if it hasn't happened yet I doubt it will at all). Yall have fun!

Sulorie

Post#27 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:25 am

Silverbow100 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:14 am I used to run premade with my dad and brother and a few friends from back in the day all the time. 9 of us stopped playing that I know for a fact because of it. There were loads of promises about "finding a better solution" and this being temporary, yet here we are a year later still nothing changed. I've seen countless threads(I look at forums once a week to keep up) to see if it changes and there have been many a post with good ideas. Looks like that's another promise the team will not be upholding.
Oh well! Was worth a shot to maybe get the topic kick started again but seems to have wasted time. Suppose we will have to continue to wait or give up entirely(if it hasn't happened yet I doubt it will at all). Yall have fun!
Never thought about starting on other realm as a group as well and avoid the penalty?
Dying is no option.

orfeask

Post#28 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:25 am Never thought about starting on other realm as a group as well and avoid the penalty?
Realm pride?

Ads
anrix

Post#29 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I don't get why we need malus or aao, if the offset of the other side is known, couldn't the deficient side have their non-defensive stats and primary stat effects (excluding wounds) boosted over the caps to make them as effective as the larger side? Doesn't being outnumbered 2 to 1 where then 1 person has +100% stats make that person as effective as 2 people against 2 people. Being bombed by 2 peoples burst is the same as being bombed by 1 person doing the burst of 2 people. Giving them double the health pool without changing their resistances and armor is effectively making them doubly represent their class, so killing the one player would be like killing two of the same class type with whatever gear lvl that person is at. I guess you could give aao to the side with more players in this case if they got to put in twice the effort to take out a single player their rewards should reflect it.

In other words, this is like a bolster buff based on how bad one side is outnumbered.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:14 pm

This proposal to buff stats always show up when talking about aao and its always a terrible proposal.
Mind you: when your side has 50 ppl and the other side has 100 ppl, that usually doesn´t mean that you always run as a 50 ppl blob and only meet the 100 ppl blob in open rvr.
There can be equal fights in open rvr, even when one side has a lot of aao. Thats why the at the moment implemented malus is bad. The players from the overpopulated side would get no rewards, even when they defeat enemies in a fight with equal numbers.

A buff to stats for the underdog realm would destroy this equal fights and encourage blobbing for the overpopulated realm (and in response also for the underdog).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM