Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] shields

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mjwrench

Re: [DoK] shields

Post#21 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:07 am

Maybe just give em full shields instead of bucklers? WP gets KOTBs shields. DOKs get BG shields.
OR
Perhaps an additional passive on the bucklers, like X amount of career resource or dmg shield on block/dodge/disrupt?
MAYBE BOTH!?

Yeah why not both.

Ads
Dzkzek

Post#22 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 pm

I ran a small guild on live that consisted of Tanks and Doks, nothing else. Stacked with toughness and defense and would roll over full warbands like an ocean. We were a coordinated group but what really made it work was the rule of 2's. Each Dok obviously got guard and his duty was to work with his tank partner as a unit. I'm not sure how that would work out in RoR but it was so much fun!

kaela

Post#23 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm

Anyone have a tested build for a dark rites/sacrifice dok? My DoK got his sentinel set lately and I like to give it a try. Judging by the skills, I'd try something like this (13/0/16) build.

And what would be the stat prority for talisman and renown points? Aiming for a kind of "healer-tank" setup I'd put armor talis on equip and go for block, parry and reduce gettin crits and the rest in heal crit(?). This will obviously have no damage output but I think if you want to do melee damage, you should play dualwield or WE/choppa/barb/melee-SH.

Any tipps and/or critics will be most welcome.
/cheers

GpuBW
Banned

Post#24 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:16 pm

Dzkzek wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 pm Stacked with toughness and defense and would roll over full warbands like an ocean
did you heal them to death? otherwise, i call bs

Zxul

Post#25 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:49 pm

kaela wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm And what would be the stat prority for talisman and renown points? Aiming for a kind of "healer-tank" setup I'd put armor talis on equip and go for block, parry and reduce gettin crits and the rest in heal crit(?). This will obviously have no damage output but I think if you want to do melee damage, you should play dualwield or WE/choppa/barb/melee-SH.
No Soul Shielding? Also, in this setup you are trying to heal with dmg ain't you? Also, bws/ams/engis for lot of abilities/whs will love armor talis. Also, what do you do if you get snared- Soul Ward is a channel and on a long CD.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sciberr

Post#26 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm

I actually have a rr80+ shield wp and its sooooooo good I don't see why dok couldnt do the same

adamthelc

Post#27 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Sciberr wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm I actually have a rr80+ shield wp and its sooooooo good I don't see why dok couldnt do the same
They could do almost the same. The grace tree is much better for shield playstyle than sacrifice is.
Zxul wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:49 pm
kaela wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 pm And what would be the stat prority for talisman and renown points? Aiming for a kind of "healer-tank" setup I'd put armor talis on equip and go for block, parry and reduce gettin crits and the rest in heal crit(?). This will obviously have no damage output but I think if you want to do melee damage, you should play dualwield or WE/choppa/barb/melee-SH.
No Soul Shielding? Also, in this setup you are trying to heal with dmg ain't you? Also, bws/ams/engis for lot of abilities/whs will love armor talis. Also, what do you do if you get snared- Soul Ward is a channel and on a long CD.
You could drop Khaines vigor for Soul Shielding and use Divine Fury. If you do that it seems like you should just go for a more standard shield build though.

You are right that soul ward isnt a real solution to snares that's why I always thought it was kind of meh, though every once in a while it could be a game changer. Anyway the build kaela linked would actually be better against snares than a standard shield build since you could still get decent value out of your casted heals.

Armor talismans arent bad just because you are taking some damage that doesnt get mitigated by it. Though again WPs have an advantage in that department because of how their detaunt functions.

The build might not be the most optimal build, but you could make that argument for any non backline chalice build.

I've tried a similar build on a WP and my biggest knock on it was that it makes you even more GCD starved on a spec that already kind of suffers in that department.

Zxul

Post#28 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:00 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:03 pm You are right that soul ward isnt a real solution to snares that's why I always thought it was kind of meh, though every once in a while it could be a game changer. Anyway the build kaela linked would actually be better against snares than a standard shield build since you could still get decent value out of your casted heals.

Armor talismans arent bad just because you are taking some damage that doesnt get mitigated by it. Though again WPs have an advantage in that department because of how their detaunt functions.

The build might not be the most optimal build, but you could make that argument for any non backline chalice build.
Problem with it (or with any shield build) is that the simplest (the classic) way to disable it is to put a permasnaring turtle tank on dok, while bw or am kills from afar. Turtle tank= no lifetap heals, and with this setup (sentinel set wasn't it?, and no will tactic) cast heals won't heal for much. With armor talis, dok won't really have mitigation vs bw/am as well.

Even worst though, a chalice hybrid build dok still has SE regen- with shield, dok will run out very fast.

It is the reason I went for dps with chalice back on live, and never bothered with the shield here- even back on live, with all the whining, lifetap based nonhybrid dok was very very easy to disable. Here, after all the nerfs, only reason you see shield dok tanking 3 people is cause they have no idea how to play vs one.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Waaghy

Post#29 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:35 pm

A fashon question...

Will be possible to ''wear'' the shield as appereance to the chalice/book?

Jastojan

Post#30 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Guys, can u post a build and what renown points for DPS DOK with shield?
And can u post build without shield too?
And what tactics do u use?
Ty - I am trying DOK now and did not find a working link for a current build.