Ads

Patch Notes 19/10/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 19/10/2019

Post#81 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:22 pm

right, no derailing and no jabs or insults at each other in a patch note thread. This is final warning before warnings go on accounts.

This is not a new rule and you should be aware of it by now.

Ads
zak68

Post#82 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:01 am

but why cap at 24? what about going all in and remove every cap and let radius and los do the work?

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#83 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 am

zak68 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:01 am but why cap at 24? what about going all in and remove every cap and let radius and los do the work?
I'm not a tech, but i guess the more you extend it, the more server charge increase. Initially the 8 target limitation was partially dictated by server stability. In the end, the cap number does not really matter, important thing being it will be playable in every sense of the term, now as a personnal opinion, i guess the more you push AoE cap, the less mono target classes will find a place in the game.

zak68

Post#84 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:04 am I'm not a tech, but i guess the more you extend it, the more server charge increase.
Secrets wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 am Virtually no impact to performance has been seen by increasing the AOE cap. Just to rule this argument out.
i immensely respect all of you for all your huge efforts.

heybaws

Post#85 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm

I just want to repeat what i've said in aoe cap topic. 24 aoe cap allow zerg to wipe 24-man even faster, because you can't spread damage between groups anymore. So all you can see now is 2 warbands versus 2-5 warbands fights, you basically forced people to blob even harder, and later on people will find opportunities to troll 24-man warbands with burning heads, axe slam, fists of gork and something else i can't come up with right now. Please revert this change, there are other ways to force people spread out around map.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#86 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 am

heybaws wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm I just want to repeat what i've said in aoe cap topic. 24 aoe cap allow zerg to wipe 24-man even faster, because you can't spread damage between groups anymore. So all you can see now is 2 warbands versus 2-5 warbands fights, you basically forced people to blob even harder, and later on people will find opportunities to troll 24-man warbands with burning heads, axe slam, fists of gork and something else i can't come up with right now. Please revert this change, there are other ways to force people spread out around map.
we take feedback from the feedback thread and there is no need to repeat it here.

To add to that if you play a coordinated 24 man you should learn with this change that such a possibility exist and adapt to it be not blobbing as hard. That's the point of the test, otherwise in my eyes you are just another blob which the test is trying to combat.

heybaws

Post#87 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 am
heybaws wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 pm I just want to repeat what i've said in aoe cap topic. 24 aoe cap allow zerg to wipe 24-man even faster, because you can't spread damage between groups anymore. So all you can see now is 2 warbands versus 2-5 warbands fights, you basically forced people to blob even harder, and later on people will find opportunities to troll 24-man warbands with burning heads, axe slam, fists of gork and something else i can't come up with right now. Please revert this change, there are other ways to force people spread out around map.
we take feedback from the feedback thread and there is no need to repeat it here.

To add to that if you play a coordinated 24 man you should learn with this change that such a possibility exist and adapt to it be not blobbing as hard. That's the point of the test, otherwise in my eyes you are just another blob which the test is trying to combat.
There is 2 ways organized wb will adapt to this: Either roll a trolling 6 man with 4 rdps and 2 healers that will use ally blob (that doesnt dissapeared after this change) and dump aoe m4 on enemy blob (that also still there), or they will run normal 24 man but will use pug wb again in a role of meatshield, that is basically what you can see now. People blobbing harder than before, and everyone do that just to sustain new aoe cap pressure, problem is still there.

heybaws

Post#88 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am

heybaws wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am
Natherul wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 am

There is 2 ways organized wb will adapt to this: Either roll a trolling 6 man with 4 rdps and 2 healers that will use ally blob (that doesnt dissapeared after this change) and dump aoe m4 on enemy blob (that also still there), or they will run normal 24 man but will use pug wb again in a role of meatshield, that is basically what you can see now. People blobbing harder than before, and everyone do that just to sustain new aoe cap pressure, problem is still there. And if you want to force even 24 to stop blobbing in 1 spot, then whats the point in having SnB tanks in warbands whotsoever? If you dont blob you dont stack HTL> SnB tanks can be thrown up in a dumpster, nice change.

Ads
heybaws

Post#89 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am

[
Last edited by heybaws on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

heybaws

Post#90 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am

There is 2 ways organized wb will adapt to this: Either roll a trolling 6 man with 4 rdps and 2 healers that will use ally blob (that doesnt dissapeared after this change) and dump aoe m4 on enemy blob (that also still there), or they will run normal 24 man but will use pug wb again in a role of meatshield, that is basically what you can see now. People blobbing harder than before, and everyone do that just to sustain new aoe cap pressure, problem is still there. And if you want to force even 24 to stop blobbing in 1 spot, then whats the point in having SnB tanks in warbands whotsoever? If you dont blob you dont stack HTL> SnB tanks can be thrown up in a dumpster, 10/10 change.