Recent Topics

Ads

All Hallows' Eve Cloak is out !

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Yaliskah
Former Staff

All Hallows' Eve Cloak is out !

Post#1 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Dear all;

Finally The second event's reward is out. You just have to update your client.

I take this message to credit Kissitbetter aka Machinea for all assets design creation ( pumpkins, apples, buckets...) and especially for the spider cloak design.

Moreover, would like to thank you to Londo for figuring out the encoding of the tint files.

You have to know that this event is very special for us (even some don't really like it :p).

In this end of the year, many staff members have lot of obligations IRL (work, exams...) and this event has been designed in the rush : 1 week; which was a very short timing.

Amount of work to make it possible had just been crazy in this short time; but it was worth it. Atleast for us.

We finally learned how to create new animated content (body parts like gear, mount, faces, monsters...) on the appearance part of it.

For this event, in addition to the usual work (NPC, questlines, rewards...), lot of innovative mechanics have been deployed and lot of new assets. We had to confirm on our side we were able to extend our ability to control the client, and "force" the client to bind to our will. Another step has been done in this way.

Most elements of the event are original, like the phase system for quest (where is stinky jack!), gambling games, new icons (even we already used it in the past), new model assets-colliders, original dies , timed quests system (even it need to be refined and debugged)...

You understnad that each event is a way for us to test new things, and if some parts of it don't always please you, it is made with sincerity, with the desire to always go a little further.

To conclude, and to lift the curtain a little, our end of the year planning is pretty busy, as much as at the level of ongoing RoR projects, than IRL obligations, and we count as always on your understanding and kindness with the future incoming patch.

Many heavy parts of RoR project are on the table, and we are focused as much as possible on it :City Siege, Scenario (Objective Design/Deep mechanic/Ranking system), incoming events and Fort and ORvR improvement.

You noticed lot of test are actually made on live involving big population, and feedbacks are interesting at many levels, even they can be very contradictory.

Thanking you once again for your support and your patience.

Yali & The team.

Ads
normanis

Re: All Hallows' Eve Cloak is out !

Post#2 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:29 pm

cloack really look like web from ungoliath. ;-)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

GPMonz3524

Post#3 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:35 pm

Thanks again! and me dwarf chars could use the keg from the event ;)

anarchypark

Post#4 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Thx, my chosen is ready to wear nurgle armor. :D
no hurry, i can wait few more years.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Vdalin

Post#5 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:40 pm

I appreciate all the work the ROR team has put into making this a fun event. Even if all parts were not as good as others (the Terror), the whole event was creative and fun. Thanks for keeping this great game going!!
Brightliight - BW, Brightshot - SW, Brightheals - RP
Working-AM
Despicableme -Slayer

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:41 pm

for those of at work like me and stuff any one wanna be cool and share a picture of what it looks like?

Dalsie

Post#7 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:01 pm

I''l say here what i've been saying in the discord of every warband i've joined: even though I was on the losing end of the pumpkin terror for the most part, it was still a bit of a wild card thrown in to the game, to make things interesting and to celebrate the holiday - and it was perfectly flavorful in line with the holiday. Despite all the whinging, there are people who enjoyed the event and enjoyed the chaos that terror threw into the mix - we are just less vocal. Good job, the hard work showed.
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Grock

Post#8 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Exciting news! Custom models and icons is something that we needed for a long long time, hopefully that means the work on long-promised cosmetic gear will start soon enough

Just please before adding new items give us some extra pages in personal bank storage! :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Demonthyr

Post#9 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks for all the time put in this project, already said but it's really a pleasure to be able to still enjoy this game in such conditions. You have done a lot since the beginning where we were just able to play around t1 with few spells and quests. Good news too about the future.. !Cool event.. /bow /thanks /warhammer
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods

oaliaen

Post#10 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:28 pm

I feel hope in my strap shoulder coming ! =)