Recent Topics

Ads

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Robzkull

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 am

Like in subject.

Ppl can chose more zergy side last minute and still join fort.

It makes a lot of room to abuse.

Please bring back old system for now. We tested this and code works right? Old system wasnt good but its lesser eveil imo.

Atm forts are boring and one sided.

Its even more zergy ;/

Ads
Nisteria

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#2 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:32 am

Even if it's a little bit messy atm, they explained why they are trying this :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33848

We will have more news this weekend I think :)
Yzaa - Azy (NGE)

Sulorie

Post#3 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:33 am

Robzkull wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 am Like in subject.

Ppl can chose more zergy side last minute and still join fort.

It makes a lot of room to abuse.

Please bring back old system for now. We tested this and code works right? Old system wasnt good but its lesser eveil imo.

Atm forts are boring and one sided.

Its even more zergy ;/
Nah, we are not done testing yet. =)
Dying is no option.

Gracely

Post#4 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am

So much fun to take tier ones in! I don't know of any other games that currently allow low levels into top rvr. Gratnted I get no xp but the rr is delicious. My level 15 has 12 invader medals after two forts (destro wins) I do expect this to change though.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 am

This is an unmitigated disaster the rvr zones are dead now for long periods. People are geting no rewards from forts. Flags dont get capped in the normal manner anymore and the final stage is over in a couple of minutes. Bring back the old system and move all the portals out of rvr zones. You are giving the idiots in the game and a chance to spoil it for others will portal gankers.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:03 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:45 am This is an unmitigated disaster the rvr zones are dead now for long periods. People are getting no rewards from forts. Flags don't get capped in the normal manner anymore and the final stage is over in a couple of minutes. Bring back the old system and move all the portals out of rvr zones. You are giving the idiots in the game and a chance to spoil it for others will portal gankers.
What portals?

If T1 is getting into the Forts, that should be dropped. Unfortunately not sure what to do about people flipping sides to the other side. maybe make it to where you have to a % of contribution to join your side. There needed to be some safeguards put in place. I have played as an attacker and defender. Should also look into the following

Healers for the death penalty
Move Attackers spawn points further or add more guards/artillery as it is easy to get camped with unlimited # of defenders.
Make Defenders also have to "walk" to the fort, no insta port in
Reduce the healing power of the flags on the fort door
Reduce reward of those just logging in by 50% and no bag roll unless logged in or a certain amount of contribution.
-= Agony =-

Tankbeardz

Post#7 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm

This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.
If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:57 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
If the contribution was the only determining factor I would agree, but we all know it is RNG +Bonus roll + contribution that really determines the bag.
-= Agony =-

OndeTv

Post#10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm

If the contribution system actually worked like you think it does, maybe.. Here, let me give you some examples:
Destro defending Fell landing yesterday (failed). Personally capped 2 flags. Assist capped/defended many flags. Active in many battles, many recorded kills/assist. Here is what happened when this particular fort was over:
https://i.imgur.com/x60nyIs.png
No renown. No medals. No influence. No nothing. Asking around, some players received renown and medals, others did not.

Here is another example from destro attacking stonewatch yesterday (failed). To my knowledge only 2 flags were capped once in the entire duration of the fort by a single player who managed to sneak in (Ishviel). Everyone else was trying to get in, but was repressed by order and later on confined to the destro warcamp at the fort. Many personal and assist kills during this time. However, this was the result at the end of the fort:
https://i.imgur.com/p6i3Wit.png
Once again, no medals and a measly 144 renown, while many received medals for basically being afk the whole time (which i don't blame them since there was close to no point). A guildie specifically noted something along the lines of "Thats funny. 4 medals for sitting on my a**."

I was part of 1 or 2 other forts prior to these two which also awarded absolutely nothing, but i did not screenshot those.

Here's another bug for you while we are at it. Blessing of bokor. The item expired and went poof. However, both baron samndis gaze and the blessing of bokor stayed active on my marauder character:
https://i.imgur.com/u8mQgVj.png

Oh, i have another one for you. Thunder mountain the other day. 5 star keep and 4 bos held:
https://i.imgur.com/ILvkQBk.png
https://i.imgur.com/HmFg6d3.png
Yet, the zone did not flip until forcefully done so by a GM.

So please tell us again that it is something that we are not doing right when we think mechanics are not working as they are supposed to.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~