Recent Topics

Ads

The vicious circle that Scenarios generate

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: The vicious circle that Scenarios generate

Post#11 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 am

Supremax67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:34 pm So instead of seeing matches where you have 12 RR80s vs 12 RR40s
This isn't happening. Don't exaggerate to get your point across.
Don't use rr disparities as an excuse for losing. An experienced premade of lower rr players can easily beat the same number of high rr bad players. Because gear doesn't matter, when positioning, guard swap or target choice is bad.
Dying is no option.

Ads
kilafornia

Post#12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 am

We dont have player base for that! Thank You goodnight

Alfa1986

Post#13 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 am

all the latest realized ideas were not really entire successful (aoe cap), and some were frankly failing (domination). I would advise not to distract more on secondary ideas, but to concentrate and focusing on city sieges or the land of the dead. do not be offended, just observation.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Nosun

Post#14 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pm

I don't like this idea of a fix having 12 vs 6 but understand you're frustration. I play both order and destro and scenarios are usually one sided one way or the other and typical scores are 500 to 10. Scenarios do need some work but I don't know what solution would work because que times are already way to slow.

aqualice

Post#15 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm

12v6 for the same shitty rewards? yes pls! i will definitely queue with my group for more stress and same crappy emblem !

Gottschalt

Post#16 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 am

One thing to remember with renown gain.. at least back in pre-ea time was that the lower renown rank your kill had compared to you, less renown you got. To the point where low renowns gave 0-2 renowns to high renown characters.

While if low renown character participated in killing high renown, they got a pretty great payday. Wouldn't really call it vicious cycle. The top dogs of RR in ye mythic times remember the RR starvation, don'tche?

noakis

Post#17 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

I don't wanna propose any solution as I'm not experienced enough for that; but I wanna underline the problem lighted by OP: doing scenarios on a just leveled 40 toon is a NIGHTMARE.
I level one character by mixing public quests with scenarios. it means I play scenario every time it pops, and the rest of time I do pve. T1 scenarios are GREAT: there is so much equilibrium between damage and healings, I get killed when I fail position blabla, and I kill or I heal successfully if I play good. T2 lvl 16-18 you suck a bit because of all people 30+, but as asoon as you reach lvl 30 with decent gear everything is smooth again: scenarios, beside unbalancing problems and some people which does not play well, are really enjoyable.
Then I finally hit 40. At that time I'm like 25 renown. Scenarios behaviour completely changes. On a sorc totally specced into damage, not only I'm a truly glass cannon which dies after 2 hits(I expect that) but I cannot do any damage at all. The gap between a high geared lvl 40 and a just levelled 40 is HUUGE. It is so huge that I feel like i'm cannon fodder, have no impact at all, I lose 9/10 scenarios, and I don't get any fun and any reward.
I know that I can farm equip in pve and RR on RvR, but the reality is: RoR scenarios were so fun until 40, then for the next weeks scenarios will not playable at all for me.
I just had an idea: if we don't have enough playerbase to do accurate matchmaking based on RR, we could use bolster to reduce the gap of the MEAN of RR of the two factions. Something like: on a scenario the destro group has mean RR = 50, the order has mean RR = 30. The bolster could improve gear(and/or statistics) until their gear is equivalent to a RR 45 group. The destro would still keep a slightly advantage, and the differences between individual players equip would remain, but the system would be way less imbalanced than now, and way more enjoyable for both winning and losing faction.

wachlarz

Post#18 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 am

And how U see this idea when U play sc with 3 bo cap ? 12 vs 6 dont see it. Not all high lvl rr players play in org party. So 6 high rr not org players must fight 12 lower players. And 2 vs 1 its not ballance.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#19 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:51 am

2 to 1 odds is not balance my friend. Low RR players make premade grps too. So this system of yours opens up a case of 2 low RR premades (12 organized low RR players) vs 6 high RR pug players. Not good.

RR is not all there is to winning. Gear has a spot too. And right now, PvE players get Bis weapons and gear combos (2 or 3 sets combined), because of the city dungeons and bastion stair. Doesnt matter what RR you are, you need PvE gear to be competitive, and the PvE system is broken because you need to do all the dungeons to use the gear. From Gunbad to BS, and god forbid what monstrosities we will see when Lost Vale and LoTD come out.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Rida

Post#20 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am

just git gut
kkthx
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth