Recent Topics

Ads

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#31 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:14 pm

OndeTv wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 am
Natherul wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:03 pm[...]One thing to note is that you will get a message in chat if contribution was not high enough, other then that I just need a way to reproduce it[...]
I don't recall seeing such a message in cases where no renown/medals was awarded in forts or end zone flips, but i may have it filtered out somehow. Could you provide the exact format of this message?

That will enable me to search for occurences in the full log files (chat.log and combat.log) the next time it happens. If the issue happens and this message is not in either log, it may be a point in time worth investigating. It is a long shot, but i guess it is worth a try.
Format is:
Your contribution was too low to get any rewards from + Fort name
Its filtered under the user error filter.

Ads
OndeTv

Post#32 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Excellent, thanks Natherul.

Btw, just had an Mandreds Hold+Ostland zone flip. Renown was awarded for both keep and zone, but apparently noone got bag rolls. I have saved my chat.log and combat.log of the period.

I will try to collect several of these odd occurences both for keeps, zones and fort and create an issue on bugtracker with them as a collective package for investigation once i have some "critical mass".
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

OndeTv

Post#33 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 am

Just a little status update of my collection of incidents. So far i have data for:

- Dok Karaz capture + MoM/BV flip: No bag rolls
- Mandreds hold capture + Ostland flip: No bag rolls
- Caledor end zone defense and flip: No invader medal
- Reikwald attack (failed): Renown received for both capturing and defending

Haven't had the issue with no invader medals from forts since last time. Waiting for an occurence before i make a bugtracker issue with all of them.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

carlos

Post#34 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 am

jasonX wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 am TBH i dont think that this change in fort limit is bad. It opens up the field for more strategies. The portal mode forts were like instances, I dont really enjoy WoW-like sterile PvP.

Open world forts are more reactive. You just need a good strategy and good execution and you will see that the new fort system actually worths it.
I agree with Gitbane. This new fort structure is better then it ever was. Along with the new AOE cap, it's my strong believe that this got every potential to be awesome going forward.
New strategies for each realm needs to be set in motion (or stop progressing and starts whining... it's one or the other).

Though, what i would like to see (as i mention somewhere else) is a bit wider entrences in both the outer wall aswell as the fort in itself. I don't know if this is technical doable or not.
Starfkr

Haskr

Post#35 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 am

I have the problem that I didn't get any renown tick and invader medallions from the last two forts.
I cap a lot of flags and get kills in stage 3 in the first one, so it was kind of strange.

Eweon

Post#36 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 am

All changes help the side with the higher population
All changes support making bigger zerg - so premade warbands with high coordination and great leadership are useless. Wrong direction I think.
All changes help aoe-classes and make other classes more useless
You dont have to fokus - you dont need much coordination
Zones are to smal for 300 player - bring back - pls the old system. - we know, it is not good, but better than the New changes .
Maybe the team has other / more ideas to test.
My opinion. Good luck finding other ways.
Dont have xrealmer problems - i dont play destro - often really sad for me - without primetime we are outnummerd - sometimes with more then 150 players... thats a problem : Most fun is in balanced population zones

Akilinus

Post#37 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:42 am

Eweon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 am All changes help the side with the higher population
All changes support making bigger zerg - so premade warbands with high coordination and great leadership are useless. Wrong direction I think.
Zones are to smal for 300 player - bring back - pls the old system. - we know, it is not good, but better than the New changes .
Dont have xrealmer problems - i dont play destro - often really sad for me - without primetime we are outnummerd - sometimes with more then 150 players... thats a problem : Most fun is in balanced population zones
How does the AoE cap help the zerg? Before they could sit in their zerg to avoid most damage
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Nidwin

Post#38 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm

I was a bit skeptic about the aoe change to 24 but it seems to be fine, different but fine for me.

I truly enjoy large scale fights so the more in forts the better for me so I do enjoy this change too.

Just wondering if 200+ order would fit in the fort's prison. It's just that some have such an ego and that has a tendency to take a lot of space.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#39 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:42 am
Eweon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 am All changes help the side with the higher population
How does the AoE cap help the zerg? Before they could sit in their zerg to avoid most damage
Reduced TTK makes recovery less likely. Not going to lie and say the old way had a different result but new way definitely doesn't address the stated reason for the AOE cap change which was to reduce zerging. Much like before where you would bring a WB to kill a good 6-man, now you bring 4 WB to kill one good WB.

Robzkull

Post#40 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:33 am

New fort with no pop limit is horrid.

My observations:
  • Its all about BLOB and zerg. I don't think those maps were designed to hold that many players.
  • All tactics are gone. ATM if you are defending and on top of that You have like 2-3 more WBs on your side attackers cannot do anything. Being in organized WB doesnt work cuz Defenders have closer respawn / time to get to BOs and they can blob up follow blob clowkwiese and heal doors. No coordination, tactics needed there. Its kinda like fighting people at their Warcamp...
  • To few entrances, 1 inner postern for mdps only, spiky doors, not wide enought doors and lag. LAG LAG LAG.
  • #xrealm And the worst of the worsts. People switchting to defending or more bloby side.
Please consider putting old system back in place or find other solutions.

Few ideas if no limits on forts:
  • fixing fort xrealming: once you get contribution in last zone you get TICKET (decays in 24h) that when you use gives you buff: " 30 min, you get contribution in fort". Its a lesser evil solution. People can still switch to other side but no ticket = no reward (most people will not join if no rewards = less zergs mby?) IF they have active TICKET from other day, they can join and get contri and rewards. Seems fair if they actually contributed to capturing last zone.
  • We need more entrances both in outer and inner
  • Split up BOs or add more BOs far outside of defenders reach (behind or in front/side of fort?) so the blob cant just go clockwise and melt stuff = they have to split resources = chance for attackers to strike.
  • Make forts Race with time -remove healing doors with this number of people - reasoning if defenders controll the game they will and should be able to do it thru all time. No need for healing doors cuz they have also Lord defense chance to turn it around. This allows for ninja caps for attackers, roamers ect. Defenders need to stay alert and not just blob and funnell walls and if they get cocky and push to attackers WC again ninja caps and more tactics aveilable to attackers.
  • make special WB leader chat only, helps to organise pugs
and last idea LIMIT THE FORTS and make special scenario active while fort is being played that drops invader medals 5 for wining, 3 losing, make that scenario 24vs24, lasts 30 min and no surrender, this way people that didnt get to play fort get to do SC and still have fun and rewards...

in the end we all want fun pvp right?