Recent Topics

Ads

Population of RoR? Amazing?

Let's talk about... everything else
Suncrusher

Re: Population of RoR? Amazing?

Post#11 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Hexxur wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 pm well im from EU my self so thats not an issue but when i check population the most i ever see is 700 during peak and 200-300 during day isnt this kind of low for a mmorpg??
Honestly with the way this game works, 700-800 is about perfect, not too much that it causes server issues and just enough for multiple zones of relatively smooth RvR action.

Unfortunately it falls off really bad anytime other than the few hours for EU prime time. The NA population for this game is incredibly small because NA really doesnt care about Warhammer anymore they are obsessed with WoW, like id wager at max 10% are NA or something, it really shows during NA evening.

So if you could always make the hours of EU prime time where it is perfect pop I would say absolutely worth playing, but if you are like me and usually only get to play during NA evenings/EU off peak then its prob not worth it right now.

Ads
Toonman

Post#12 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 am

Suncrusher wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Unfortunately it falls off really bad anytime other than the few hours for EU prime time. The NA population for this game is incredibly small because NA really doesnt care about Warhammer anymore they are obsessed with WoW, like id wager at max 10% are NA or something, it really shows during NA evening.
As a NA player, you're right. NA usually has between 250-300 on and I'd wager that even most of those players are RU/EU.

Hexxur

Post#13 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 am

well its a mmorpg its a huge world and in my eyes 300-800 is a super small number i wouldnt call this healthy =/ i wish it had more but maybe i should just try it and see.. for example even old games liek guild wars 2 has thousand and thousands of players and we are talking just 300? lol i hope queues wont be long and if i quest i hope it wont feel like a ghost town =/ maybe i should try it instead of just looking at numbers but to be honest the number is holding me back but i am craving warhammer online so much

Haskr

Post#14 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Hexxur wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 am well its a mmorpg its a huge world and in my eyes 300-800 is a super small number i wouldnt call this healthy =/ i wish it had more but maybe i should just try it and see.. for example even old games liek guild wars 2 has thousand and thousands of players and we are talking just 300? lol i hope queues wont be long and if i quest i hope it wont feel like a ghost town =/ maybe i should try it instead of just looking at numbers but to be honest the number is holding me back but i am craving warhammer online so much
Hmm I think you are thinking too much about it hehe.

Maybe it's just not the right game for you then.

Sulorie

Post#15 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Hexxur wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:52 am well its a mmorpg its a huge world and in my eyes 300-800 is a super small number i wouldnt call this healthy =/ i wish it had more but maybe i should just try it and see.. for example even old games liek guild wars 2 has thousand and thousands of players and we are talking just 300? lol i hope queues wont be long and if i quest i hope it wont feel like a ghost town =/ maybe i should try it instead of just looking at numbers but to be honest the number is holding me back but i am craving warhammer online so much
Are those 1000s of players at the same place? Do they play in the same zone? Do you fight with 200 ppl on each side on one keep?
A pvp game with so many players, that you hardly encounter the same person twice, feels stale and just random for me and probably many more, because the interesting part is knowing your enemy.

Even during live server times, the pve zones were not highly populated, at most during the launch year, because leveling and having fun is mostly pvp related for the current playerbase.
Dying is no option.

DrakkenKal

Post#16 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm

I think there may be some misunderstanding on OP's part.
GW2 is a currently supported live service game, that is still developed to this day by its studio.

Reckoning was abandoned years ago by its studio and devs. ROR is a fan assembled rebuild private server.

The server population fluctuates throughout the year. The highest I have seen was before and after forts release with over a thousand at any given time.

The draw here is not just that its an MMO. But its one of the ONLY ways to freely walk around, fight, play and socialize in the classic warhammer world now that GW nuked the setting (yes they are bringing it back in 2 years thank god I despise AOS) You play this game if you love warhammer and a unique PVP system the game originally pioneered.

You want numbers? there are quite a few other games out there.
As is the 150 on 150 is about ideal for any given zone at any given time. The original dev teams map layout does well at accomodating up to that. More than that and things are crowded in most zones on such a dated game.

The closest thing to this, live, with a large player base is ESO's version of RVR. But its ESO so ug.

Hexxur

Post#17 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 pm

i rly love warhammer online back when i played it but these numbers are rly low will i feel lonely if i start playing and leveling up?
also will i struggle to get geared out? what about dungeons?
parting up? all that no issues with this player count?

Jastojan

Post#18 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Hexxur wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:38 pm i rly love warhammer online back when i played it but these numbers are rly low will i feel lonely if i start playing and leveling up?
also will i struggle to get geared out? what about dungeons?
parting up? all that no issues with this player count?
Even if there are only 300 ppl online it is ok to me, because there are big battles in the zones. I played WoW on many many servers with average ppl from 850 to 5k. There are more circumstances which could have impact on the game to feel "not alone". Warhammer is number one for me when it comes to ppl needed to enjoy pvp. You realy dont need to have 1,5k ppl to enjoy the pvp because game is pretty good designed to concentrate huge part of ppl in few zones (not like in wow with 800+ppl online but no BG pop, no pvp).

Ads
Vri

Post#19 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:52 pm

I am in NA, I have a few hours every night for RvR with the EU nerds. The Russians all login at once it seems. For me the slowest day is Sunday. It is all good on the server= If you love WHF and want to see parts of the Old World, jump on in.

Hexxur

Post#20 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 am

im having major issues, to the point i had to reinstall windows just now.
i made a topic about this maybe some of you know?
so i can start playing asap
anyways you sopose to untick the read only on the warhammer folder
it wouldnt work for me prob cause i need permission?
when i try to change permissions for my pc it messed up my entire pc to the point i had to reinstall windows because every time i would access my c drive or a folder it would lock up so i did something wrong, so im asking here what to do? to avoid that again