Ads

ICONIC to the devs

Let's talk about... everything else
Goermsi

Re: ICONIC to the devs

Post#31 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:02 pm
Manatikik wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Idk man. I want to agree with the fact it should be WB queues but you’re just so wrong with everything you say you are actively convincing me to want to change my mind about it.
Well that is on you, if you think that my viewpoint is wrong. My post clearly stated that it was not factual, I was my personal experience and you did little to no effort in sharing your own view or background, but instead just went for the easy internet-points on trying to sound cookie. So gratz on that, shall we go back to topic now?

I still have yet to hear a solid arguement for why City instances should be limmited to 6man groups max, other than the postern have a background in perfering to play this bracket and are "afraid" of having to face full warbands without the ability to kite to a nearby warcamp or have a decoy zerg to surf on.
I think you just don't have the interest to read the ideas and objections that have been mentioned so far.
Isn't it understandable that an attempt should be made to prevent a one-sided gaming experience? So if you're in agreement with the basic idea that the game should be fun for everyone, you should have got the idea by now that it's not conducive to be torn apart by a 24 man troop in the AOE thunderstorm. These "premade warbands" could easily be stopped by limiting the entry into the city to 6 man groups or less. This gives you a better chance of a more balanced gaming experience with a 36 Vs 36.
I understand that you want the easy way with which you have had the most success so far. If you can't be blamed, many would do the same. Nevertheless, is this the way to a balanced gaming experience? I don't think so.

With the break down to 6 man groups the chance of a more balanced fight would be much higher. And isn't that what we want? Decent fights!
Again, I don't see any point at all in favour of a 24-man registration. Of course ... the "easy way" ... but as I said. Playing for the sake of playing, the E-penis doesn't grow from easywins.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Ads
pepperoni420

Post#32 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm

The chances two full guild bomb warbands being online at the same time and getting the same instances is very slim. Therefore what is the point of taking your bomb warband to the city, we can only deduce it is because you want to farm pugs. Anyone who is at all interested in actual pvp would never have this mentality.

All this guy Bombling guy dreams of is taking his guild bomb warband into city instances, and bombing pugs and randoms into oblivion for easy sov gear. Zero challenge, zero competition, zero skill. Theyll all be jacking off in Discord about how great they are because they wiped a few pugs, who will leave the instance after one wipe.

What are you going to do once you've afked in enough empty city instances to get full sov. Quit.

Same old story from prozor warband bombing guilds. No interest in actual interesting pvp where skill matters. 23 NPCs and 1 guy who can count down from 3 to 1.

Direbloodykiller

Post#33 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 pm

pepperoni420 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm 23 NPCs and 1 guy who can count down from 3 to 1.
if this was all that is to it -> how hard can it be to counter?

i like to add that this question comes from a solo/small scale player who once in a while surfs the destro blob

Goermsi

Post#34 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 pm if this was all that is to it -> how hard can it be to counter?
I'd say fire can only be fought with fire. Only an even better moral dump beats a moral dump. The same applies to the use of AoE. Actually, not a demanding thing. And without challenge, where the fun.
...PVP, nothing else...

wonshot

Post#35 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:54 pm

pepperoni420 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm The chances two full guild bomb warbands being online at the same time and getting the same instances is very slim. Therefore what is the point of taking your bomb warband to the city, we can only deduce it is because you want to farm pugs. Anyone who is at all interested in actual pvp would never have this mentality.

All this guy Bombling guy dreams of is taking his guild bomb warband into city instances, and bombing pugs and randoms into oblivion for easy sov gear. Zero challenge, zero competition, zero skill. Theyll all be jacking off in Discord about how great they are because they wiped a few pugs, who will leave the instance after one wipe.

What are you going to do once you've afked in enough empty city instances to get full sov. Quit.

Same old story from prozor warband bombing guilds. No interest in actual interesting pvp where skill matters. 23 NPCs and 1 guy who can count down from 3 to 1.
Nice assumptions with no hold. On EU primetime most of the warband guilds play within the same 2-3 hours, so I agree with you it is super rare that these warbands will even be online when a city siege is happening.
1)So you first assume that "we" are after farming pugs, not true. why else would we week after week try to build up sportsmanship agreements of not adding fights from other warbands if they already are in combat.
2) You assume warband guilds want to do this for the gear, the fighting is the main factor by a longshot!
3) people cant leave the instances and join an other one, if you were informed you would know this.
4) when/if i get full gear ill continue playing since im one of the few who actually like playinf for the fights and not the gearprogression.
5) nice final touch downplaying largescale to just a countdown, pretty much the same as saying 6man play doesnt need assiting they are just 2-2-2 carried. Also if this will be so easy to perform why is it an issue of letting pug warbands queue together as 24? will they not be able to count 3-2-1? :roll: And will the 6man parties not be able to devour these warbands with their "skillz"

It amuses me how this topic alone sees more 6man tracfic than the 6v6 ranked scenario pops. Now who is REALLY the pug farmers
Last edited by wonshot on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Lorsten

Post#36 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:55 pm

pepperoni420 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm The chances two full guild bomb warbands being online at the same time and getting the same instances is very slim. Therefore what is the point of taking your bomb warband to the city, we can only deduce it is because you want to farm pugs.
Got to agree with this.
RoR needs a hero, who can organize some kind of a guild WB league, with 24v24 clashes, rules and other. Maybe make a permanent statue for this hero (Bombling its your chance, i know you love statues).

Goermsi

Post#37 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:08 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:54 pm It amuses me how this topic alone sees more 6man tracfic than the 6v6 ranked scenario pops. Now who is REALLY the pug farmers
I'd recommend you take a look at your SIgnatur now. :lol:
...PVP, nothing else...

Direbloodykiller

Post#38 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:54 pm
pepperoni420 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm The chances two full guild bomb warbands being online at the same time and getting the same instances is very slim. Therefore what is the point of taking your bomb warband to the city, we can only deduce it is because you want to farm pugs. Anyone who is at all interested in actual pvp would never have this mentality.

Nice assumptions with no hold. On EU primetime most of the warband guilds play within the same 2-3 hours, so I agree with you it is super rare that these warbands will even be online when a city siege is happening.
1)So you first assume that "we" are after farming pugs, not true. why else would we week after week try to build up sportsmanship agreements of not adding fights from other warbands if they already are in combat.
2) You assume warband guilds want to do this for the gear, the fighting is the main factor by a longshot!
3) people cant leave the instances and join an other one, if you were informed you would know this.
4) when/if i get full gear ill continue playing since im one of the few who actually like playinf for the fights and not the gearprogression.
5) nice final touch downplaying largescale to just a countdown, pretty much the same as saying 6man play doesnt need assiting they are just 2-2-2 carried. Also if this will be so easy to perform why is it an issue of letting pug warbands queue together as 24? will they not be able to count 3-2-1? :roll: And will the 6man parties not be able to devour these warbands with their "skillz"

It amuses me how this topic alone sees more 6man tracfic than the 6v6 ranked scenario pops. Now who is REALLY the pug farmers
you do know you're quoting a guy who quadruple posted the same text in a jackass thread, crying about beeing banned of a totaly obviuos reason?
if he didnt know why the ban hammer came down, what do you honestly think he have to offer to this discussion?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Direbloodykiller wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm you do know you're quoting a guy who quadruple posted the same text in a jackass thread, crying about beeing banned of a totaly obviuos reason?
if he didnt know why the ban hammer came down, what do you honestly think he have to offer to this discussion?
He knew exactly why he was banned, he was just being a whiny asshole about it. Half the fun of ban appeals are putting these idiots in their place when they try to use incredulity as a defense for obvious bad acting. The defense that they were simply able to do something clearly in violation of any intended consequence that has significant detrimental effect on other players is not lost by those people, it's embraced and sought after so they can do as much griefing as possible when the situation presents itself. Something about not being hugged as children maybe.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Goermsi

Post#40 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:35 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:28 pm He knew exactly why he was banned, he was just being a whiny asshole about it. Half the fun of ban appeals are putting these idiots in their place when they try to use incredulity as a defense for obvious bad acting. The defense that they were simply able to do something clearly in violation of any intended consequence that has significant detrimental effect on other players is not lost by those people, it's embraced and sought after so they can do as much griefing as possible when the situation presents itself. Something about not being hugged as children maybe.
Gentlemen, you had already aroused my curiosity. Now you have my attention. - Calvin Candie (Django Unchained)
Tell us more pls! :)
...PVP, nothing else...