Recent Topics

Ads

Bulky melee dps

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
LTwerewolf

Bulky melee dps

Post#1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Back in the day when the game first came out I played a witch hunter to the mid 30's, and always wished I could be a little tankier since it felt like I exploded when more than one person looked at me crosseyed.

So this time around I decided to do something different and play destruction. But the question is, what is a solid melee dps class that feels slightly bulky? Would it be better to go 2h on a chosen or blackguard, or is there some bulk in some of the other classes now?

Ads
Zxul

Re: Bulky melee dps

Post#2 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Melee magus is good.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

MedV

Post#3 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:46 pm

I would say
Tanky MARA
Melee Magus
2H BG or BO

Just depends on the tools you want, you get charge and a pull on the MARA which won’t happen on the tanks.
The King.

Haskr

Post#4 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:49 pm

All 3 destro tanks can get pretty defensive even with 2 handed spec, the Black Ork is a really good brawler type with the highest damage from all 3 tanks, Chosen can get pretty tough even as 2 hand and BG too.

Besides melee magus you should also take a look at the marauder, with his Monstrosity mutation and defensive gear he can be really tough to fight against and also heal himself with the proc.

I also see a lot of witch elves with a more defensive spec and regeneration jewels/armor/weapons if you are intrested in that playstile, only seems to really kick off at higher levels though.

LTwerewolf

Post#5 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:58 pm

I guess what I'm looking for is a class that can feel like a threat where people want to back away from it, so i can create space.

Magus feels more like a caster to me, and I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of a black orc, so those are out. Based on some reading on here it also seems like a 2h chosen doesn't seem very threatening.

So it looks like I'm looking at marauder, bulky witch elf, or blackguard (or chosen if them not being a threat when they have a 2h is incorrect).

I don't necessarily need to deal the most damage (although being able to deal somewhat respectable damage is preferred), but also to have the tools to control a space for my team, to force the other team to move. Also I saw someone mention at one point that disciples of khaine can be a big pain for people to kill, would they also fit the bill here?

Haskr

Post#6 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm

LTwerewolf wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:58 pm So it looks like I'm looking at marauder, bulky witch elf, or blackguard (or chosen if them not being a threat when they have a 2h is incorrect).
Do you want to solo roam or play in smallscale or in warbands?

With marauder you can play anywhere, the aoe moral drain is excellent in destro warbands and the aoe damage can be brutal, smallscale specs with high burst and mara pull are incredibly potent.

2h BG you want exactly one in a warband for the debuffs, thats it, incredibly in smallscale and very good & tough for solo roam, ultra long punt to send enemies flying to uganda.

Witch elf you mainly roam solo/smallscale, use in warbands would be morale drain with OYK.

LTwerewolf

Post#7 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:18 pm

I never got the opportunity to do much large scale rvr back then, so it hadn't even crossed my mind, I was thinking more for small groups (not so much solo).

wpc56
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:50 pm

You need to be a tank to be survivable to "create" space. Tanks with aoe ensnares = tools to manage space like Borc/BG. You have the option to build offensive or defensive or middle of the ground as 2H. Unless you are hitting on tank, guarded target or detaunted, you should be a threat to your enemy (ie. your dps can threaten them)

MDPS are dps, they need tank to guard them to be survivable, by themselve they are not. I mean you can be defensive spec marauder but then you aren't doing dmg and will still die when focussed (without guard and heal)

Ads