Recent Topics

Ads

BG 2H ranked scenario Build/Bis

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wintersun666

BG 2H ranked scenario Build/Bis

Post#1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Hello,

I'm really enjoying the new ranked 6v6 mode,wanted to be the most useful/efficent in it.

Can any expert BG recommend me the best build/Bis for it?

This is my equip so far - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... me=Hethiel

Thanks

Ads
Mattia1981

Re: BG 2H ranked scenario Build/Bis

Post#2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Well Hethiel, i'm actually trying different specs on my 2h bg. About efficiency of renown points spending i'll say nothing.... it involves the choices you do about ws/str/wou/ini relatives talismans slotted. About efficiencies as 2h it's a lot different for wb and 6 man and it much depends on the other classes involved. BG most efficients bought tactics and abilities are soul killer (especially if nd there isn't a 2h choppa in it) elite training unstoppable fury. Then you have to choose which one suits better with your teammate classes, between shielding anger combined with chocking fury and bolstering anger (very good even for solo) or wave of scorn plus anger drives me etc etc. I point out you this: if you go for bolstering anger you will be able not to afford the anger drives me , and that could make your character much more squishy vs many melees, despite the elite training. The IBs can afford the "bolstering anger" version, skipping their central path and getting the best tactics in the 2h path. If you ever will face 1 of them in 6 man be sure that he will be able to do EVERYTHING you do, but better and easier, except maybe for the high parry rate, that they easily compensate with the dwarven racial OP tactics.

Wintersun666

Post#3 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Thank for the quick reply.

For Renown i'm full Reflex/Full Futile Strikes/Deft def III

This is the build i'm running - https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 23,927,897

Haven't tried Choking fury yet,but it sounds good to help shut down healers. Wanted to drop bolstering anger but it seems useful even in group

Mattia1981

Post#4 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Beware of my tips, i like 6 man but didn't had so many chances to run it. I just like to make the best considerations pondering on the other classes abilities and tactics. Btw i realized in almost cases if you haven't the support of a chosen or ranged dps to CC your aimed targets you could run the endless pursuit tactic to reach the casters faster... but that unfortunately doesn't work with all opposing 6 man: the wave of scorn instead with the anger driives me tactic can make you much more easily get any of your target close to you and parry some nasty knockdowns/punt!

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm

If you want bolstering anger etc tbt you should just go SnB dps BG

Crimson death, hastened doom these are the reason you go 2H BG, with survivability through parry increase on hate tactic and terrifying foe along with the parry increase epic quest weapon

Mattia1981

Post#6 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm If you want bolstering anger etc tbt you should just go SnB dps BG

Crimson death, hastened doom these are the reason you go 2H BG, with survivability through parry increase on hate tactic and terrifying foe along with the parry increase epic quest weapon
Crimson death for wb is ok but for 6 man it's so and so.... hastened doom is fine too. But you know, you need to survive as 2 handed, and you won't without bolstering anger/parry tactic. And the BG deal phisical dmg only, so it's more valueable as debuffer on caster and ranged classes in general than versus melee ones. I think chocking fury is undervalued. When you have a salvage/monstro built mara in your party you can drain heals and ap out of every enemies, but i repeat you need to survive and you won't unless the healers in party are the best player ever seen and can do the work for 3 instead of 2. That's a combo where the BG could really shine in 6 man.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Mattia1981 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm If you want bolstering anger etc tbt you should just go SnB dps BG

Crimson death for wb is ok but for 6 man it's so and so.... hastened doom is fine too. But you know, you need to survive as 2 handed, and you won't without bolstering anger/parry tactic. And the BG deal phisical dmg only, so it's more valueable as debuffer on caster and ranged classes in general than versus melee ones. I think chocking fury is undervalued. When you have a salvage/monstro built mara in your party you can drain heals and ap out of every enemies, but i repeat you need to survive and you won't unless the healers in party are the best player ever seen and can do the work for 3 instead of 2. That's a combo where the BG could really shine in 6 man.

The benefits of CD and pressure from HD becomes most benifical with a melee train yes but you talk about surviveability but the listed build ignores 2 potent defense tactics in the mid tree instead of relying on bolstering anger heals espically the parry tactic to mitigate guard damage

If your Mara is going sav monstro instead of sav Brut in small scale their doing it wrong and need to change their build

Single target burst is what gets kills in small scale

Ads
Mattia1981

Post#9 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:51 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 pm
Mattia1981 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm

The benefits of CD and pressure from HD becomes most benifical with a melee train yes but you talk about surviveability but the listed build ignores 2 potent defense tactics in the mid tree instead of relying on bolstering anger heals espically the parry tactic to mitigate guard damage

If your Mara is going sav monstro instead of sav Brut in small scale their doing it wrong and need to change their build

Single target burst is what gets kills in small scale
all this means to me only: no matter what just let's deal great burst dmg and all is fine. Not funny and ipothetically could make 6 man just with all dd classes, combining the best effects from different sources and the burst is enough to evaporate the 2 healers and their guards. Will just remain to kill the 2 survived dps (coz tanks switched guard on healers and died to the overdamage that isn't mjtigated by the stats, and i'm not speaking of morales ofc). Wow!

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 am

Mattia1981 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:51 am
all this means to me only: no matter what just let's deal great burst dmg and all is fine. Not funny and ipothetically could make 6 man just with all dd classes, combining the best effects from different sources and the burst is enough to evaporate the 2 healers and their guards. Will just remain to kill the 2 survived dps (coz tanks switched guard on healers and died to the overdamage that isn't mjtigated by the stats, and i'm not speaking of morales ofc). Wow!
The reason 2H tanks are so popular in small scale is because of their low cooldown punts to knock away tanks and other targets from guard range and BG has the best punt in the game and thats when you focus and burst targets down