Recent Topics

Ads

BG 2H ranked scenario Build/Bis

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tankbeardz

Re: BG 2H ranked scenario Build/Bis

Post#11 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:39 am

Mattia1981 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm If you want bolstering anger etc tbt you should just go SnB dps BG

Crimson death, hastened doom these are the reason you go 2H BG, with survivability through parry increase on hate tactic and terrifying foe along with the parry increase epic quest weapon
Crimson death for wb is ok but for 6 man it's so and so.... hastened doom is fine too. But you know, you need to survive as 2 handed, and you won't without bolstering anger/parry tactic. And the BG deal phisical dmg only, so it's more valueable as debuffer on caster and ranged classes in general than versus melee ones. I think chocking fury is undervalued. When you have a salvage/monstro built mara in your party you can drain heals and ap out of every enemies, but i repeat you need to survive and you won't unless the healers in party are the best player ever seen and can do the work for 3 instead of 2. That's a combo where the BG could really shine in 6 man.
Go Crimson or go home for 6v6. TenTon is right...Crimson, on-demand KD, and Punt are all key. There is also the wounds debuff, armor debuff, crit debuff (not enough people use this - it debuffs attack AND heal crit). It's not about your damage...it's about the damage you help your group do. Also, HD is useless in 6v6 unless you are going solo because you won't be able to peel off to guard (the MOST important ability) someone who needs it since you are 600 feet behind their back line.

Ads
Mattia1981

Post#12 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:46 am

The reason 2H tanks are so popular in small scale is because of their low cooldown punts to knock away tanks and other targets from guard range and BG has the best punt in the game and thats when you focus and burst targets down
[/quote]

That's not exact. The reason you point out is for chosen and kotbs with repel darkness and hastened dismissal: all the other tanks have to wait 20 secs al well to punt again. The benefit is even (and above all imo) in some tactics and abilities you can go just with greatweapon and the pressure you was speaking before.

The small scale should allow you to choose the best of your spec so the BG has mind killer, chocking fury and anger drives and the longer punt, where the IB has a 20% crit chance undebuffable chaneling mutiple hits better AP regaining WS increase x75 and str increasing twice x 75. So to the question "Where the BG is more valuable" i indicated paths of anguish/loathing without any doubt. There are a bunch of dd can do much better dps than a bg and if i have to compare to other tanks i point out the best abilities other tanks have not.

Mattia1981

Post#13 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:02 am

Tankbeardz wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:39 am
Mattia1981 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm If you want bolstering anger etc tbt you should just go SnB dps BG

Crimson death, hastened doom these are the reason you go 2H BG, with survivability through parry increase on hate tactic and terrifying foe along with the parry increase epic quest weapon
Crimson death for wb is ok but for 6 man it's so and so.... hastened doom is fine too. But you know, you need to survive as 2 handed, and you won't without bolstering anger/parry tactic. And the BG deal phisical dmg only, so it's more valueable as debuffer on caster and ranged classes in general than versus melee ones. I think chocking fury is undervalued. When you have a salvage/monstro built mara in your party you can drain heals and ap out of every enemies, but i repeat you need to survive and you won't unless the healers in party are the best player ever seen and can do the work for 3 instead of 2. That's a combo where the BG could really shine in 6 man.
Go Crimson or go home for 6v6. TenTon is right...Crimson, on-demand KD, and Punt are all key. There is also the wounds debuff, armor debuff, crit debuff (not enough people use this - it debuffs attack AND heal crit). It's not about your damage...it's about the damage you help your group do. Also, HD is useless in 6v6 unless you are going solo because you won't be able to peel off to guard (the MOST important ability) someone who needs it since you are 600 feet behind their back line.
Ofc if you would had read the entire posts instead of just jumping in it for the pleasure to get an opinion on another opinion and without understanding that the matter isn't dealing damage as you pointed (and some tactics indicated by TenTon are intended to deal dmg not debuff) you would had avoid a part of your comment: furthermore if i do some counts on the benefit from outgoing heals less 50% and the benefit 10% more crit chance ( i remember you that a crit increase the dmg from 30% to 50 %) it's evident to me that the BG role is much more debuff healers than aiding in other dd killing. So the answer to the questioner is to choose between its best tactics abilities. If you always run a way without trying to run another that doesn't mean that your one is correct/the faster: try to believe.

adamska2

Post#14 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:37 am

Azeyune

wachlarz

Post#15 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Bg have single target slow. Dont think he need aoe slow in 6man. Better right tree for tac that remove detaut and this way more presure helers

adamska2

Post#16 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Destro comp have low mobility, have an Aoe snare its a must have.

I value more the aoe snare than crimson
Azeyune

ziomek

Post#17 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:56 pm

so much bad bg advice here omg...

crimson death, aoe snare, 2h, wounds debuff and kd are all mandatory. anti detaunt is useless, hd wont work vs good healers in caledor woods who can keep distance, and aoe snare mandatory vs order mobile comp (sw/wl) and to offset kobs and ib aoe snares, crimson huge dps boost for everyone in team.

wachlarz u should stop posting srsly.

Mattia1981

Post#18 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:55 pm

ziomek wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:56 pm so much bad bg advice here omg...

crimson death, aoe snare, 2h, wounds debuff and kd are all mandatory. anti detaunt is useless, hd wont work vs good healers in caledor woods who can keep distance, and aoe snare mandatory vs order mobile comp (sw/wl) and to offset kobs and ib aoe snares, crimson huge dps boost for everyone in team.

wachlarz u should stop posting srsly.
What about giving explainations/reasons that makes an ability better than another istead of sentencing with "mandatory" "all keys to" "is useless" etc?

Almost all melees have KD, moreover undefendable. The reason to run crimson on 6 man to improve by 10% crit chance along 5 secs for other party mates cannot compensate the great HD -50% things that if i'm not wrong only the 2H choppas have. If some healers are good kiting you have to be good chasing, furthermore WE are specialized in that and maras can pull. You cannot expect any class is good in a comp. So if you want to build up a team you have to make it sure all classes are enhancing at best their strenghts. This is why the BG is much more valuable as debuffer (anghish path) than raising the party dmg. About the aoe snare i agree with you, it's necessary to comprnsate the kotbs and ib aoe snare ones. About the wounds debuff not so much, maras/chosen can do nice. What makes me feel upset is that with loathing you cannot gain any armor debuff bonus "MARA please solve the problem!" ;)

Ads
ziomek

Post#19 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:50 pm

...u give up tactic spot, lose CD, and dependent on hitting a healer in first place (good luck vs good ones, unless their team is dead, at which point they are already dead anyway).

cd is perma, consistent dmg buff. there is no comparison.
re choppa : how many 2h choppa u see using outgoing?? hmmm i wonder why, huh :D

Mattia1981

Post#20 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:20 pm

ziomek wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:50 pm ...u give up tactic spot, lose CD, and dependent on hitting a healer in first place (good luck vs good ones, unless their team is dead, at which point they are already dead anyway).

cd is perma, consistent dmg buff. there is no comparison.
re choppa : how many 2h choppa u see using outgoing?? hmmm i wonder why, huh :D
That's why i pointed out healing debuff outging :lol:

Merry Christams!