Recent Topics

Ads

Patch notes 30/12/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Skullgrin

Re: Patch notes 30/12/2019

Post#11 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:46 pm

If there is in fact a 90 minute timeout for relogging to the opposing faction (and I'm not sure there is as yet, since it is not specifically mentioned in the notes), I fear that this may lead to a few unintended consequences.

The first being that it will lead to one side dominating the other simply due to people checking the population via the website and then logging onto the most populated side.

The second is a negative effect on the the ability to do any PvE on the opposing side if you are unable to find a group on the side you are logged in on.

I'm sure there will be several others yet to be discovered, I guess we will find them shortly...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Adelmar

Post#12 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm
Nisteria wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 pm Thanks for adding this ! I hope we can say goodbye to : "gogogo relog for forteress defense" !
Game should be better. It's like you said, chose your side.
The game isn't meant to be played on just one side. This is just an over the top change, made as a result of whining from people who want to force their idea of how the game should be played onto everyone. The only part of the game that is affected by x realming are forts and to a lesser extent rvr, it doesn't affect anything else. So why should this faction lockout be forced upon people that didn't participate in those acitivities
I thought you had to have been flagged for rvr, then attempt to log on to the opposing faction for the lockout to work. Not at home so I can't test this.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

turlututuhu

Post#13 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:00 pm

Thanks for patching, SoR ranking <3.
test monkey 062 (test failure... escaped)

Jabba

Post#14 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Adelmar wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:00 pm
Jabba wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm
Nisteria wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 pm Thanks for adding this ! I hope we can say goodbye to : "gogogo relog for forteress defense" !
Game should be better. It's like you said, chose your side.
The game isn't meant to be played on just one side. This is just an over the top change, made as a result of whining from people who want to force their idea of how the game should be played onto everyone. The only part of the game that is affected by x realming are forts and to a lesser extent rvr, it doesn't affect anything else. So why should this faction lockout be forced upon people that didn't participate in those acitivities
I thought you had to have been flagged for rvr, then attempt to log on to the opposing faction for the lockout to work. Not at home so I can't test this.
Well then, unless you're flagged for rvr upon logging into guild tavern and sitting by flight master for 10 seconds, it's not working as it should be
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Aurandilaz

Post#15 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:08 pm

RIP my Order PVE grinding then I guess - finding groups was already a nightmare and if I'm playing pvp most of time on Destro, now no chance for the occasional group finding on order if I get locked there just for checking mailbox.
Feels kinda dumb, and won't solve any of the funnel-to-win tactics prevalent in forts as of late.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#16 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:31 pm

Well the lock is only applied when you switch realm. If you played last night on Order and today you log into Order there will be no lock applied. If you then switch to Destruction then you will be locked to Destro for 90 mins.

So if you log back in to the last realm you played you won't be locked.

Make it trigger the lock when you enter an RvR is a good idea. However we are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.
Max Hayman

Adelmar

Post#17 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:36 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:31 pm Well the lock is only applied when you switch realm. If you played last night on Order and today you log into Order there will be no lock applied. If you then switch to Destruction then you will be locked to Destro for 90 mins.

So if you log back in to the last realm you played you won't be locked.

Make it trigger the lock when you enter an RvR is a good idea. However we are open to feedback and are looking to improve the system. So if you have any constructive feedback please post.
I think making it trigger the lockout in RvR is probably the best way to implement this.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Jeliel80

Post#18 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Yes, at a minimum make it take effect ONLY if you trigger ORVR.

Tbh the greatest problem is not x-realming imho, it's the open for all fort system and the fact that the server cannot handle 300+ players in the same zone.

Reservation system, even if not perfect, was a way better format.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Post#19 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:40 pm

Max Hayman

anarchypark

Post#20 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:26 pm

finally! It is on.
It's end of xrealm thread/chat.
also confirmed that complainers speak louder.
thx for good work.

pick your side for one day.
stop leeching, make it great.
dang it sounds like some politicians.
maybe both playing games, far away from reality.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)