Recent Topics

Ads

2H CHOSEN help

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ekundu01

Re: 2H CHOSEN help

Post#31 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm

anrix wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:39 pm I don’t advocate 2h chosen. Personally I think chosen can have all the damage of a 2h with a SnB. I run a full discord half dread build with quickened discord for a zero downtime touch of palsy, I use relentless with a 1h, a majority of the damage is driven by abilities (DoTs, bane shield, backlash etc...) not auto attack. Other chosen should try to run their builds, minus 2h tactics, with an SnB and determine if it is worth giving up the 2h for extra survivability.
Using relentless as 1 handed is terrible damage for the AP cost. I mainly use Relentless as a burst rotation because you will always auto attack at the end of it. Chosen is more about steady damage and not bursty like the Black orc. I think the chosen is a little more tanky vs the other 2 destro tanks as a 2hander though. The only classes that seem to give me a problem when i run solo 2handed are healers. The heal debuff aura is not enough sometimes to down a healer because of lacking burst.

The nice thing about running 2handed is being able to get some decent melee crit with minimal crit investment on renown skills. This makes a big impact on how often daemonclaw procs and while it is no runefang stats it still adds to your damage. But at least daemonclaw is not useless vs a caster.

I will say this though you do need fairly decent gear to do respectable damage and be tanky as well or else you are just dead weight. Could i get the same damage out of 1 handed that i get out of 2 handed? No way. And the faster you burn someone down the less chance you have of them getting some help. But i am writing this as a soloers perspective. If you are running in the zerg then yea take the extra defense.
Trismack

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#32 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm The only classes that seem to give me a problem when i run solo 2handed are healers. The heal debuff aura is not enough sometimes to down a healer because of lacking burst.

I've found that the best aura to use against healers is The AP drain, just stay on top of them and use potions to keep your AP topped off if they are also draining AP. Takes some time to kill them but it can be done.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ekundu01

Post#33 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:13 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm The only classes that seem to give me a problem when i run solo 2handed are healers. The heal debuff aura is not enough sometimes to down a healer because of lacking burst.

I've found that the best aura to use against healers is The AP drain, just stay on top of them and use potions to keep your AP topped off if they are also draining AP. Takes some time to kill them but it can be done.
I usually always have the AP aura running, without it i am out of ap quickly with all the skills I have to pop off.
Trismack

Zxul

Post#34 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm Could i get the same damage out of 1 handed that i get out of 2 handed? No way.
Dmg aura+Backlash+ToP+Bane Shield+Blast Wave when used as first ability will be your main dmg sources anyway though, unless you are facing detaunting healer. Whatever you will add on top from 1h or 2h does a pretty minor difference. Unlike say HtL channeled while running after sw/am prepping Quake.

Btw Skullgrin Lxul is my dok, remember running into your IB :)
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ekundu01

Post#35 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Zxul wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:19 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 pm Could i get the same damage out of 1 handed that i get out of 2 handed? No way.
Dmg aura+Backlash+ToP+Bane Shield+Blast Wave when used as first ability will be your main dmg sources anyway though, unless you are facing detaunting healer. Whatever you will add on top from 1h or 2h does a pretty minor difference. Unlike say HtL channeled while running after sw/am prepping Quake.

Damage aura is only really useful for pve farming and preventing people from capping a flag and leeching renown in forts. If you can extend a fight out for a long time maybe it makes sense running it but there are much better auras to run. While it isn't defendable damage it is very low and when you need a stagger or root to control the fight better, you will just break your own cc with it for piddly damage.

Speaking from the solo roam perspective most fights last 30secs-1min max unless you are fighting another tank. Since the aura can't crit and you can only boost the damage by specing in the tree you will only get about 100 damage per tic (after resists). If you are turtle tanking and not really investing in the dread tree you will get even less damage out of it. You would be better off running the AP aura over the damage aura in probably just about every situation.

Just doing simple math 30sec fight you get 10 tics of the damage aura if the damage is 100 damage per tic that is 1000 damage over 30 secs of fighting. If you run the AP aura instead you get 20 AP every 5 secs that is 120 extra AP over a 30 sec fight. I can cleave 3 times with that extra AP (also undefendable damage) And that can crit for 500-700 on squishy targets (with 2hand). Also you get the added benefit of draining the target of Ap so they have a harder time fighting back.
Trismack

Zxul

Post#36 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:46 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Damage aura is only really useful for pve farming and preventing people from capping a flag and leeching renown in forts. If you can extend a fight out for a long time maybe it makes sense running it but there are much better auras to run. While it isn't defendable damage it is very low and when you need a stagger or root to control the fight better, you will just break your own cc with it for piddly damage.

Speaking from the solo roam perspective most fights last 30secs-1min max unless you are fighting another tank. Since the aura can't crit and you can only boost the damage by specing in the tree you will only get about 100 damage per tic (after resists). If you are turtle tanking and not really investing in the dread tree you will get even less damage out of it. You would be better off running the AP aura over the damage aura in probably just about every situation.

Just doing simple math 30sec fight you get 10 tics of the damage aura if the damage is 100 damage per tic that is 1000 damage over 30 secs of fighting. If you run the AP aura instead you get 20 AP every 5 secs that is 120 extra AP over a 30 sec fight. I can cleave 3 times with that extra AP (also undefendable damage) And that can crit for 500-700 on squishy targets (with 2hand). Also you get the added benefit of draining the target of Ap so they have a harder time fighting back.
Dmg aura is up to 120 sh after mitigation dmg every 3 sec (100 or so in current build), which is also undefendable and doesn't costs GCDs. Your call if that isn't useful. As for breaking staggers, I never had a problem performing HtL- Quake- melee snare combo with it running.

As for AP aura, resists/dmg aura/AP aura is the general use trio as it is.

As for Cleave, vs heavy parry targets having both dmg aura and Cleave is better than just Cleave. Even better with dmg aura +AP aura +Cleave +AP regen jewelry.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Siroblivion

Post#37 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 am

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:13 pm

Any thoughts on chosen now? with the changes? do you believe everything remains the same or?

Nkai

Post#38 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 pm

2H chosen are dead due to the change on Daemonclaw.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#39 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Nkai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 pm 2H chosen are dead due to the change on Daemonclaw.
It is not dead it is still viable small man/solo, I just don't think deamonclaw is as needed as it was before so you can slot something else instead. The new tactic makes up for not needing daemonclaw.
Trismack

Nkai

Post#40 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:18 pm

U need the stats of DC if u want to have a chance to kill low rr healers or slayer or anything....

2H chosen doesn't need a nerf like that in my opinion , it just kill it for me i dont play my rr83 chosen anymore