Recent Topics

Ads

Classes/Builds for Non-Invader

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

Classes/Builds for Non-Invader

Post#1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:06 pm

I know people are pretty excited about the fort changes coming, but as a casual player with a pretty strict schedule, I’m pretty bummed. With the reservation requirements and population limits, it’s almost impossible for me to get into forts when I’m not on extended breaks. So, I was wondering if any of you good people would be willing to give me class/build suggestions that aren’t going to require me to have Invader to do well (e.g. defensive magus/engi). I don’t mind running scenarios, and I would be willing to do PvE, if I could make meaningful progress in the 2 or so hours I have to play in a day. Any and all information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Jabba

Re: Classes/Builds for Non-Invader

Post#2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Invader isn't at all necessary for any class. It's best on slayer/chop and sh/(sw and engi too i presume?) to mix with other sets, but they're still competitive with alternatives.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Toggle

Post#3 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Jabba wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm Invader isn't at all necessary for any class. It's best on slayer/chop and sh/(sw and engi too i presume?) to mix with other sets, but they're still competitive with alternatives.
Not necessary meaning not BIS? That’s my issue. I want to work towards BIS and Invader is BIS for quite a few classes with some other PvE pieces thrown in. But like I said in the OP, I’m looking for specific builds I could work towards without needing Invader.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

heybaws

Post#4 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:06 pm

Most of the classes are completely fine with vanquisher. The only good bonus on invader is for Choppa/Slayer, and maybe tanks (even tho vanq is already enough - my kotbs have around 900 toughness and 10500 hp in full vanq). Invader is highly optional for any other class. Some classes (sorcs/BW) even need onslaught for RvR.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 am

We know the server can scale up better than the initial fort implementation with a reservation of 5wb v 4wb. As we get back to reservations, we're going to bump up the total number over time to make sure we're hitting a limit that allows as many people as possible while still making the zone playable. Participation in the previous RvR zone will again be used to determine contribution, and with the xrealm blocking getting tuned up we should see less people coming out of their PvE or Scen farming simply to zerg down a fort (or defend it with greater numbers than the attackers).

Our hopes were to get the fort numbers as high as possible and avoid doing reservations at all, but there's only so much we can tune. We reached almost 700 people in a zone today, unfortunately that means a lot of people will be missing out on forts in the final version. However, the people that are missing out are going to be the ones that weren't actively pushing the campaign forward.

If you're one of those people that would play scenarios or just grind out PvE then try to bandwagon your way to a fort when it opens, you will need to re-evaluate your priorities when those last couple of zones are getting pushed. You don't need to be there for every RvR zone, just the end zones. That's about as casual as the system will allow for unless we want 250 v 350 slideshow RTS battles to keep going forward. Which we don't.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nidwin

Post#6 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:10 am

Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 am We know the server can scale up better than the initial fort implementation with a reservation of 5wb v 4wb. As we get back to reservations, we're going to bump up the total number over time to make sure we're hitting a limit that allows as many people as possible while still making the zone playable. Participation in the previous RvR zone will again be used to determine contribution, and with the xrealm blocking getting tuned up we should see less people coming out of their PvE or Scen farming simply to zerg down a fort (or defend it with greater numbers than the attackers).

Our hopes were to get the fort numbers as high as possible and avoid doing reservations at all, but there's only so much we can tune. We reached almost 700 people in a zone today, unfortunately that means a lot of people will be missing out on forts in the final version. However, the people that are missing out are going to be the ones that weren't actively pushing the campaign forward.

If you're one of those people that would play scenarios or just grind out PvE then try to bandwagon your way to a fort when it opens, you will need to re-evaluate your priorities when those last couple of zones are getting pushed. You don't need to be there for every RvR zone, just the end zones. That's about as casual as the system will allow for unless we want 250 v 350 slideshow RTS battles to keep going forward. Which we don't.
There are many people who have not the time to participate in last rvr zone and then add a fort battle and eventually a city fight on top of it in their play session.
When you add contribution requirements, might it be possible to give "fort token" to players, who earned enough contribution?
When joining a fort, the token is consumed. This would give the option to go to a fort at a later time to all players, who don't have several hours long play sessions.
Especially on end zones, there are often stalemates, when both realms are equal in power. Those zones eventually lock for the attacker after many hours, while people participating for many hours might have logged off, while still having earned enough contribution for fort.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:16 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:13 am
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 am We know the server can scale up better than the initial fort implementation with a reservation of 5wb v 4wb. As we get back to reservations, we're going to bump up the total number over time to make sure we're hitting a limit that allows as many people as possible while still making the zone playable. Participation in the previous RvR zone will again be used to determine contribution, and with the xrealm blocking getting tuned up we should see less people coming out of their PvE or Scen farming simply to zerg down a fort (or defend it with greater numbers than the attackers).

There are many people who have not the time to participate in last rvr zone and then add a fort battle and eventually a city fight on top of it in their play session.
When you add contribution requirements, might it be possible to give "fort token" to players, who earned enough contribution?
When joining a fort, the token is consumed. This would give the option to go to a fort at a later time to all players, who don't have several hours long play sessions.
Especially on end zones, there are often stalemates, when both realms are equal in power. Those zones eventually lock for the attacker after many hours, while people participating for many hours might have logged off, while still having earned enough contribution for fort.
The problem would then be what to do when a fort happens. Only let people with token get in? I wont say more then that with the next patch when reservations come back we will no longer have portal spamming.

Ads
Jabba

Post#9 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:52 am

Toggle wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:01 pm
Jabba wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm
Invader isn't at all necessary for any class. It's best on slayer/chop and sh/(sw and engi too i presume?) to mix with other sets, but they're still competitive with alternatives.
Not necessary meaning not BIS? That’s my issue. I want to work towards BIS and Invader is BIS for quite a few classes with some other PvE pieces thrown in. But like I said in the OP, I’m looking for specific builds I could work towards without needing Invader.
As I said, Invader is only the cut and dry BiS for slayer/choppa and then SH/Engi (maybe sw too?)
Maybe SnB tanks too? not sure, never had any inclination to play one ever.

That leaves 2h tanks, ranged casters, dps healers, the other mdps classes, healers (could be argued invader is BiS for shammy/am and dok/wp but there's barely anything in it)
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Sulorie

Post#10 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Natherul wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:16 am
The problem would then be what to do when a fort happens. Only let people with token get in? I wont say more then that with the next patch when reservations come back we will no longer have portal spamming.
I think most people try to enter fort the moment it happens and would consume their token. The number of people, who have to end their session due to time limitations would be noticeable smaller. So we have people, who were active in zone and got a token and we have people, who participated in a previous successful end zone lock and got a saved token. Give both pools the chance to enter fort until the population limit is reached. All those, who earned contribution but can't enter, due to pop limitations, still earnd a token to get in at a later time.
When not enough people with token enter fort, e.g. during low pop hours, you have to allow people without a token to enter fort anyway, while maintaining a certain realm balance. Obviously, give people with a token a certain head start.

Being curious, what you have planned.
Dying is no option.