Recent Topics

Ads

Possible Speed-Hacker

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Boursk

Possible Speed-Hacker

Post#1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:14 pm

So I caught a clip of a potential speed hacker... only thing is he didn't have a snare on him but was moving very fast even if he wasn't snared, hard call.

Do I submit to Grimnir via mail or one of the GM's here on forums?
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: Possible Speed-Hacker

Post#2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Upload a video with clear evidence thats show all possible buffs/effects and makes it clear it is not lag-related and PM it to a GM - in most cases however it is either one of dozen or so possible speed buffs/procs or the other side is lagging and server/client fail to keep updating their position correctly in a "smooth" way.
There is also report function in game, if your have hotkey H set for Help you can use it to contact CSR which might get attention from some GM who is online.

most likely cause of fast speed;
-lag
-goblin racial tactic
-weapon speed proc
-tactic speed proc on some condition
-charge
-speed buff relic/elixir
-Quick Escape proc

Glorian

Post#3 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:01 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:44 pm Upload a video with clear evidence thats show all possible buffs/effects and makes it clear it is not lag-related and PM it to a GM - in most cases however it is either one of dozen or so possible speed buffs/procs or the other side is lagging and server/client fail to keep updating their position correctly in a "smooth" way.
There is also report function in game, if your have hotkey H set for Help you can use it to contact CSR which might get attention from some GM who is online.

most likely cause of fast speed;
-lag
-goblin racial tactic
-weapon speed proc
-tactic speed proc on some condition
-charge
-speed buff relic/elixir
-Quick Escape proc
Everything what Aurandilaz wrote plus: There were plenty of Speedhackers in 2015. Something with messing with a local dll File. Most were caught though and banned. It was possible with the speedhack to jump into the windows in Troll country keep.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:21 am

Boursk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:14 pm So I caught a clip of a potential speed hacker... only thing is he didn't have a snare on him but was moving very fast even if he wasn't snared, hard call.

Do I submit to Grimnir via mail or one of the GM's here on forums?
Send a link to my email.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog