Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alterkraft

Re: Patch Notes 11/01/2020

Post#51 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:56 am

Have been enjoying ranked sc's a lot lately. My only main issue currently and which ultimately may dilute MMR is the dps compositions. I know it's about skill etc etc but fact of the matter is that a good melee train will usually prevail if they are competent.

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#52 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:43 am

Zxul wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:30 am
Secrets wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Ok, I can see the logic here, and how some people are weird to limits that... make no sense.
Beastlord is item level 45, and it only checks armor slots.

You'll have no problems queueing provided you have a Conq belt or above.
To make sure, "and it only checks armor slots"- does it means there is no check for jewelry slots? Since for example lvl 38 purple jewelry is useful in several high rr specs, and its item lvl 38.
That means exactly what was posted, yes. ONLY armor slots are checked.

Zxul

Post#53 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:46 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm What is one reason someone should be able to queue into the competitive ranked game mode with Deva/Anni?
On some specs anni is useful even at rr80- for example on toughness magus 2 anni is useful for toughness set bonus (even if for sc speccing sniper is probably better).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Xumae

Post#54 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:00 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Xumae wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:44 pm Not a fan of the ranked changes with item lvl.

What is one reason someone should be able to queue into the competitive ranked game mode with Deva/Anni?
The more people the better imo, small server and barely any ques sometimes.
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Herthin

Post#55 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:18 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 am [Fortress]

- Increased number of participants to 168 vs 134.
This is not good, even if the performance is good it does not mean that the maps get any bigger.

That means that defenders can have around 40 tanks with attached dps on each door, just think about it or even better have a look yourself.
I did roughly 100 forts by now likely way more, from what i can tell 60 in lordroom its quite doable at 80 the problems start, with 100 inside one has to rely that half of the ppl inside is afk or have no idea what they are doing at all. If its not the worst PuG one can find defending one sees no sunshine.
Presupposing attackers have 1 Organised Warband with comms which i think is realistic.

Yes this is as always deeply biased from a destro perspective, since order did not push forts for quite a while now on halfway populated times, at last not when i was on (which is way too much to be still healthy). Or my alzheimers starts idk.
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 am - Made its more clear when you get a reservation and when one expires. The game will now give you a dialog box telling you this.
Absolute gorgius, waited for that a very long time. ty

kindest regards

oaliaen

Post#56 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Xumae wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:00 am
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Xumae wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:44 pm Not a fan of the ranked changes with item lvl.

What is one reason someone should be able to queue into the competitive ranked game mode with Deva/Anni?
The more people the better imo, small server and barely any ques sometimes.
I get it, but it just turns the match harder and unfun if the subject dies constantly..

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#57 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Herthin wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:18 pm

This is not good, even if the performance is good it does not mean that the maps get any bigger.

That means that defenders can have around 40 tanks with attached dps on each door, just think about it or even better have a look yourself.
I did roughly 100 forts by now likely way more, from what i can tell 60 in lordroom its quite doable at 80 the problems start, with 100 inside one has to rely that half of the ppl inside is afk or have no idea what they are doing at all. If its not the worst PuG one can find defending one sees no sunshine.
Presupposing attackers have 1 Organised Warband with comms which i think is realistic.

Yes this is as always deeply biased from a destro perspective, since order did not push forts for quite a while now on halfway populated times, at last not when i was on (which is way too much to be still healthy). Or my alzheimers starts idk.
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 am - Made its more clear when you get a reservation and when one expires. The game will now give you a dialog box telling you this.

kindest regards
something something skaven....

In all fairness the skaven hint is because we are aware of thi exact issue and the skaven something is a first attempt at a mechanic to help in such circumstances. Its likley to change from now exactly how it works though as its not something Im super happy with but it works and can be improved oppon.

Herthin

Post#58 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 pm
Spoiler:
Herthin wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:18 pm

kindest regards
something something skaven....

In all fairness the skaven hint is because we are aware of thi exact issue and the skaven something is a first attempt at a mechanic to help in such circumstances. Its likley to change from now exactly how it works though as its not something Im super happy with but it works and can be improved oppon.
Im pretty illiterate when it comes to warhammer lore, therefore i might not understand kryptic hints or "somethings".
Thanks for clarification.
Curious to see what you have in mind and how it works out.

cheers

Ads
Ototo

Post#59 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm What is one reason someone should be able to queue into the competitive ranked game mode with Deva/Anni?
Actually, Annihilator chest piece is item level 48, and I think that shoulders/helm at least are 45+ too, so you can theoretically compete in annihilator providing that you have a belt with enough item level, which is the actual hard part to find.

In every respect, the belt will be the piece keeping you out of ranked, cause we are speaking of ¿¿Sentinel?? ¿¿or higher?? and Conqueror or higher from PvP, due to how rare this piece is in rewards, and how far deep it starts to appear as part of sets. So you can be pretty much unable to join ranked until are rr50 +/-, depending if you are trying to rush your entrance in them, by getting full anni+beastlord+conq belt, or to gear correctly your character.

In you're gearing correctly, you will most likely enter in ranked with a combination of Conq+BL+Gen+Subj, with maybe one piece of Anni at most if you have been extremely unlucky with rolls, and definitely not relying in Deva boots+hands combinations to increase stats anymore, which is how some glass cannon DPSs freshly enter in level 40, namely WH/WE and ranged SH/SW, for which the stat increase is just too important to ignore.
Spoiler:

Gangan

Post#60 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald