Recent Topics

Ads

Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Let's talk about... everything else
Panodil

Re: Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Post#21 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:53 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 pm Had the dubious honor of playing along a dps zealot and a dps shaman, while on my choppa. That was so stupid im at a loss for words, no burst and no viable offhealing while they were both snacks for orders pouncy WL. Complete rubbish
DPS zealot in WB is very very good. But that is as a debuffer, with good support and other dps killing stuff. DPS shaman no place in wb, but they are everywhere :D
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Smellybelly

Post#22 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Panodil wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:53 pm
Smellybelly wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:38 pm Had the dubious honor of playing along a dps zealot and a dps shaman, while on my choppa. That was so stupid im at a loss for words, no burst and no viable offhealing while they were both snacks for orders pouncy WL. Complete rubbish
DPS zealot in WB is very very good. But that is as a debuffer, with good support and other dps killing stuff. DPS shaman no place in wb, but they are everywhere :D
Perhaps they are, but this was in solo ranked :evil:

Sulorie

Post#23 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Did they play better than you on choppa?
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#24 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:11 am

Collateral wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:28 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:07 pm
wonshot wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:28 pm Ironebreaker is a good way to get some AoE snares on Order, Powered Etchings tactic is unclenseable as any Snare on a Tactic, so you can get that effect on your DPS runepriest if you feel the need to "reset" a fight with a big aoe punt+tactic. While not going down on stat-value for your party by slotting in an IB instead of a knight or SM.
Personally, I can't see how a Runepriest would be picked in a dps slot over BW, Slayer, or Engineer. Warrior Priest dps seems stronger.
It's for armour debuff and heal debuff. Mainly utility.
I just think a lot of these guides are more of how people want classes to behave, and there is a grass is greener mentality. I am not sure how choppa can be classed as a different tier from slayer. I have played both and there is virtually no difference between them (rampage and retribution v get to the choppa). If you dont think Get to the Choppa is a top tier ability for an aoe mdps in a warband, no idea what would be.

Things like "Warrior Priest with a book", he means salvation warrior priest. All books offer slight buff to righteous fury (which is actually useless in rvr battles since you cant wait 30 seconds for rightwous fury to regenerate) and so it offers is a slightly different proc/stat bonuses from a shield.

If two evenly matched warbands fight one another, all that matters is raw damage per second and raw healing per second. Melee and ranged composition allows for nuanced tactics. Even still, I'd need to see numbers that show any combination of BWs and slayers (or maybe even other mdps) doing less raw damage than any combination of slayers, BWs and runepriests.

Manatikik

Post#25 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:11 am
Collateral wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:28 pm
BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Personally, I can't see how a Runepriest would be picked in a dps slot over BW, Slayer, or Engineer. Warrior Priest dps seems stronger.
It's for armour debuff and heal debuff. Mainly utility.
I just think a lot of these guides are more of how people want classes to behave, and there is a grass is greener mentality. I am not sure how choppa can be classed as a different tier from slayer. I have played both and there is virtually no difference between them (rampage and retribution v get to the choppa). If you dont think Get to the Choppa is a top tier ability for an aoe mdps in a warband, no idea what would be.

Things like "Warrior Priest with a book", he means salvation warrior priest. All books offer slight buff to righteous fury (which is actually useless in rvr battles since you cant wait 30 seconds for rightwous fury to regenerate) and so it offers is a slightly different proc/stat bonuses from a shield.

If two evenly matched warbands fight one another, all that matters is raw damage per second and raw healing per second. Melee and ranged composition allows for nuanced tactics. Even still, I'd need to see numbers that show any combination of BWs and slayers (or maybe even other mdps) doing less raw damage than any combination of slayers, BWs and runepriests.

You don't see how UNDEFENDABLE attacks for 20/30 seconds with like 70% Armor Pen with insane burst on ST and AoE is comparable to GtdC then you are insane...
<Montague><Capulet>

Smellybelly

Post#26 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 pm
The dps zealot spent 90% of the game surrounded by enemy tanks and melee dps, so ...no? :D

Sulorie

Post#27 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:44 am

Smellybelly wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:26 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 pm
The dps zealot spent 90% of the game surrounded by enemy tanks and melee dps, so ...no? :D
I can agree on this. :lol:
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#28 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 am You don't see how UNDEFENDABLE attacks for 20/30 seconds with like 70% Armor Pen with insane burst on ST and AoE is comparable to GtdC then you are insane...
No idea where you got those numbers (eg, rampage lasts 10s). I think slayer is good. But it does not have "insane ST burst", unless the 2handed build has a rotation I dont know about. Get to the choppa literally moves multiple people through the air meaning they cant do anything for 3-5 seconds. That is a top tier ability for a warband.

A lot of lists are just being used to bring up grudges people have with certain classes rather than based on any real analysis.

Ads
mubbl

Post#29 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 am

Spoiler:
BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 am
Manatikik wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 am You don't see how UNDEFENDABLE attacks for 20/30 seconds with like 70% Armor Pen with insane burst on ST and AoE is comparable to GtdC then you are insane...
No idea where you got those numbers (eg, rampage lasts 10s). I think slayer is good. But it does not have "insane ST burst", unless the 2handed build has a rotation I dont know about. Get to the choppa literally moves multiple people through the air meaning they cant do anything for 3-5 seconds. That is a top tier ability for a warband.

A lot of lists are just being used to bring up grudges people have with certain classes rather than based on any real analysis.
if you use rapmage in yellow rage it lasts for 20 sec.
order has better heal, so they can sustain slayers better then you can sustain a choppa, even you got a a wounds tactic.
GTDC deals dmg every 2!!!!!! even if you crit for 2k on paper that is not enough dmg. since you have to dived it by 2 to get dps or damage per cd.
GTDC choppa a channeling ability and there for easly countered interuppts -> not relaiable
rampage is relaiable and makes all your skills reliable on demand
its more like 3 sec pull not 5.
order has way better ability based dmg, there for you realy need to care when you spent your cc, cause you will need them when all the gingers come to get you :D
PS. GTDC is a nice chasing ability

Aurandilaz

Post#30 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 am

SSS TIer, Choppa with good tank + proper heals + BiS maxed out gear (send hlps pls)

S tier;
BW Sorc Mara Zdps
BORK KOTB
zealot RP WP

A tier;
Slayer
Chosen SM
DoK

B tier;
Choppa mSquig Engi Magus dpsRP
IB 2h BG 2h Kotb
AM Shaman

C tier;
Squig WL
BG
dps DoK, dps Sham, dps AM, dps WP

D tier;
SW WE WH

you stack wb with S and A tiers, then occasionally allow B and most avoid C tier classes
D tier classes should come with a warning when creating one for new players, "consider rerolling if you want to experience endgame RvR"