Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark

Re: Fortress Lords and their mechanics

Post#11 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:22 am

HE and Chaos lords are look like mages.
what could mages do?
maybe magic show
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 am

Thanks for Sharing Nat. I personally had alot of fun trying to find, spot and find counters to the different fortress lord mechanics and would like to credit you for the lore/roleplay/thematical touch you have added to the lords.

It might not be an overly exciting mechanic to fight when you first notice that the only players on the Orc's aggro table are dwarfs and it just made sence in a logical way, so props for your work with this very unforgiving aspect of RvR!

That being said I would hope some of the other constant ongoing projects that have been started would be followed through, as closely as Forts have been. Like the 24aoe cap "test". Still plenty of issues with this and it hasnt been touched yet since it got shipped, and it has some direct attactments to funnels and Forts in particular.

That being said, I think alot of the community would be very excited to see Seigetowers added to release some presure on the funnel situations and create epic gaming moments. It doesnt HAVE to be payload sorta pushing mechanics, but adding some counterplay to stopping or stalling a siegetower by killing the NPCs pushing or pulling it forward would add something extra for sure. Heck you could even have explosive barrles for the defenders to try and sabotage the siegetower camp outside of the outer wall, for them to have a minigame and a role in largescale.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 am Thanks for Sharing Nat. I personally had alot of fun trying to find, spot and find counters to the different fortress lord mechanics and would like to credit you for the lore/roleplay/thematical touch you have added to the lords.

It might not be an overly exciting mechanic to fight when you first notice that the only players on the Orc's aggro table are dwarfs and it just made sence in a logical way, so props for your work with this very unforgiving aspect of RvR!

That being said I would hope some of the other constant ongoing projects that have been started would be followed through, as closely as Forts have been. Like the 24aoe cap "test". Still plenty of issues with this and it hasnt been touched yet since it got shipped, and it has some direct attactments to funnels and Forts in particular.

That being said, I think alot of the community would be very excited to see Seigetowers added to release some presure on the funnel situations and create epic gaming moments. It doesnt HAVE to be payload sorta pushing mechanics, but adding some counterplay to stopping or stalling a siegetower by killing the NPCs pushing or pulling it forward would add something extra for sure. Heck you could even have explosive barrles for the defenders to try and sabotage the siegetower camp outside of the outer wall, for them to have a minigame and a role in largescale.
while on first thought siege towers and orcpults sounds fun it would not be something I want to add in directly. The issue being that both it takes away from funnels which is a major part of RVR and tanks job in RVR but also that it only rrealisticly moves the funnel to another spot (the lord room). I am working on the issue of too many defenders for fort and the lord room defense but either way these topics are offtopic.

Kalell

Post#14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 am Now that players have had the fun and experianced the fortress lords and attempted to figure out their mechanic and succeeeded in that task I will write down the mechanics here for the lords:

Shared on all lords:

Adds hatred for the opposing race (high elf lord will hate dark elf players more)
Lords scale their HP based on number of participants in the fort
Lords hp scale even further for more BOs that defenders held in stage 2
Some general lord abilities that are not adding much in terms of mechanics

Dwarf:
Every so often the lord will spawn a bugmans brew keg on the floor over him, as long as this keg is alive the boss is immune to damage and will riposte back at attackers.

Empire:
Every so often the lord will spawn a poison cauldron that will ooze AOE damage to the attackers, it will continue to do so until it has been destroyed.

Chaos:

Will periodically reset everyones hatred down to 1.

Greenskin:
Every so often the lord will spawn a effigy on the floor over him, as long as this effigy is alive the boss is immune to damage and will riposte back at attackers.

Dark Elf:
Every so often the lord will spawn a poison cauldron that will ooze AOE damage to the attackers, it will continue to do so until it has been destroyed.

High Elf:
Will periodically reset everyones hatred down to 1.

Also note that all lords have dialog messages on each of these ability uses.

Could you elaborate a bit on your goals with these mechanics?

So far I can only guess:
Hate depending on race: Lore and making forts different without adding complexity.

HP scaling: Counteracting the zerg and so BO's actually matter.

Keg: Adding target on a different floor, splitting up the attackers and giving defenders a new place to funnel.

Poison: Adding AoE pressure forcing the attackers to significantly outnumber the defenders making it harder than the other forts.

Hate reset: Keeping the tank(s) from gaining a lot of hate, forcing them to stay active throughout the fight.

Collateral

Post#15 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Black orcs have a problem with dwarf lord when it comes to his reposte, at least imo. If you have skull thumper on him and he suddenly pops the barrel, you are one shot instantly without having to do anything at all really. I couldn't realize what was happening to me basically every minute, until I looked at the combat log. One way to solve that is to never use skull thumper I suppose. But no one wants to play a game where they can't use their abilities because they literally die from them and can't to anything to avoid it. Another way to solve it might be to put some sort of icd to his riposte?

Ekundu01

Post#16 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:12 pm

Collateral wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:02 pm put some sort of icd to his riposte?
This should be universal across the board for all Riposte :roll: :lol:
Trismack

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#17 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:17 am

ICD for riposte would make it useless for a RvR lord as then only a few players would get hit by it.

synthrocker

Post#18 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:22 pm

Sithras wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm The keg mechanic is not a good idea: Order need to def a room with only 1 tight enter to win Fort.
Destro has the same thing in green skin....

Also, it’s easier for destro to get up the ramps with chopppas and their pulls. I was pulled 5 times through a pillar and floor last stonewatch..... it’s infuriating.

Yes...I get order also has pulls. But nothing as strong as the sea of choppas on the ramp pushing get to da choppa every cool down in the fort. Multiple people pulled from top floor to bottom though floors.
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#19 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:11 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:46 am
wonshot wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 am Thanks for Sharing Nat. I personally had alot of fun trying to find, spot and find counters to the different fortress lord mechanics and would like to credit you for the lore/roleplay/thematical touch you have added to the lords.

while on first thought siege towers and orcpults sounds fun it would not be something I want to add in directly. The issue being that both it takes away from funnels which is a major part of RVR and tanks job in RVR but also that it only rrealisticly moves the funnel to another spot (the lord room). I am working on the issue of too many defenders for fort and the lord room defense but either way these topics are offtopic.
omfg this comment almost brought me to tears!!! The only ones who care about the funnels are bw/engies (hince its all orders really full of) everyone else hates them especially tanks! Notice a lack of tanks but no lack of funnels? Yea its because tanks dont want to do them. Saying that funnels are a MAJOR part of rvr is a huge laugh when mythics orginial rvr system allowed for entire keep walls to be destroyed. EA didn't give them time for such mechanics in their 2nd rvr game so they produced rat ogres to throw people on walls and flying travel to land on walls. The only one who loves the 1 button aoe funnels of death is the lead dev which is cool because you're part of the server team but to say that "funneling is a major part of rvr" is laughable. Mythic hated funnels so bad they completely scrapped forts because they didn't have the time to produce funnel breakers for them. I've stuck around Mythic's mmos for over 12 years and never has funnels been priority in either of their mmos.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Toonman

Post#20 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:03 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:11 am but to say that "funneling is a major part of rvr" is laughable
It is though, 1000%. That's not debatable. Funneling is major part of rvr and has been since 2008. Doesn't matter if it's what Mythic intended or not. What Mythic intended, at this point in time, is irrelevant.