Recent Topics

Ads

[DPS-SHAMAN] Need Advice For Renown Points

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
haldir45

[DPS-SHAMAN] Need Advice For Renown Points

Post#1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

I am running a shaman dps renown rank lvl 59 and i am currently running for renown abilities full magic crit and 3x acumen(int). I am asking for advice, is it worth to spend points in more tanky abilities or i will lose significant amount dps. Also, which talismans are the best??
Shaman:Snotruk 40/60, Runepriest: Floi 40/48

Ads
Boursk

Re: [DPS-SHAMAN] Need Advice For Renown Points

Post#2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:51 am

I'd go full deft defender, magic crit then whatever points is left into Acumen.

The Disrupt/Dodge is too good not to have imo
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

dshdf

Post#3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:58 am

if we are speaking about real dps: full acumen + x2 magic crit +3 dodge disrupt (take onemore lvl of crit at higher rr), full int talis

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 am

- full intel, 2x futile strikes, 3x magic crit, 1x dodge/disrupt

- intel in all armor slots, wounds+intel in weapon

Replace your rr45 weapon with rr39 one until you can buy rr61 staff.

Minimum decent rr spec needs rr64.

The overall best mastery spec needs rr70.

The 2nd best mastery spec requires only r39 rr0, when skipping the 13pt aoe skill in mid path.
Dying is no option.

haldir45

Post#5 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:31 am - full intel, 2x futile strikes, 3x magic crit, 1x dodge/disrupt

- intel in all armor slots, wounds+intel in weapon

Replace your rr45 weapon with rr39 one until you can buy rr61 staff.

Minimum decent rr spec needs rr64.

The overall best mastery spec needs rr70.

The 2nd best mastery spec requires only r39 rr0, when skipping the 13pt aoe skill in mid path.
why i have to replace my rr45 weapon with rr39??

dshdf

Post#6 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am

haldir45 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 am why i have to replace my rr45 weapon with rr39??
coz hp regen is wasted stat for sham
other options for weapon are bloodlord one or one of the sentinel staffs

haldir45

Post#7 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:41 am

dshdf wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:58 am
haldir45 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 am why i have to replace my rr45 weapon with rr39??
coz hp regen is wasted stat for sham
other options for weapon are bloodlord one or one of the sentinel staffs
Currently i am ussing the NIhilist's blast of tyranny

Barracudax

Post#8 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 am

haldir45 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am I am running a shaman dps renown rank lvl 59 and i am currently running for renown abilities full magic crit and 3x acumen(int). I am asking for advice, is it worth to spend points in more tanky abilities or i will lose significant amount dps. Also, which talismans are the best??
It's obvious that your build is " running around in a pug warband and trying to finish someone off." For solo play and scene play - in this spec, you are an easy rr points provider for the order. Therefore, in fact, it does not matter what talismans you will have in your clothes. It's just that you only have spec for playing pug warband.

Ads
haldir45

Post#9 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am

Barracudax wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 am
haldir45 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am I am running a shaman dps renown rank lvl 59 and i am currently running for renown abilities full magic crit and 3x acumen(int). I am asking for advice, is it worth to spend points in more tanky abilities or i will lose significant amount dps. Also, which talismans are the best??
It's obvious that your build is " running around in a pug warband and trying to finish someone off." For solo play and scene play - in this spec, you are an easy rr points provider for the order. Therefore, in fact, it does not matter what talismans you will have in your clothes. It's just that you only have spec for playing pug warband.
This is why i am asking for an advice

Barracudax

Post#10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:10 am

haldir45 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:03 am
Barracudax wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:53 am
This is why i am asking for an advice
You started asking from the end, it's not right. First you need to write under what manner of game you are building a build: solo game, duo game, game in the WB, in the party or something universal.
I can give a practical example, I collected a build for my shaman under my style of playing solo, and so that I could both kill and heal when necessary.