Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What can even be done against so much op CC?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
martholomew

[Magus] What can even be done against so much op CC?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:50 pm

I am with my warband.

I see a huge order group coming. I turn around and haul ass.

Then I am disabled sitting there helpless from miles and miles away just waiting for them to have a free easy kill. I am sure the same thing happens to order from our faction also.

I think that kind of easy “I win” button powerful CC is very unbalanced.

Is there a stat that resists it? I admit I am only somewhat of a decent player. But for tzeenchs sake, can the overly powerful easy mode buttons be toned down?

I don’t mean to whine but it’s extremely frustrating. I am genuinely open to any and all advice because. Well. I am learning to play.

Thanks
Last edited by martholomew on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
zgolec

Re: What can even be done against so much op CC?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm

Order op CC??? Buahahahahahahahahahah :D

"Do you even RoR bro?"
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

martholomew

Post#3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm Order op CC??? Buahahahahahahahahahah :D

"Do you even RoR bro?"
Not taking the bait. Any constructive idea to suggest?
Magus 40/78

adamthelc

Post#4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm

You have to get a feel for the range that you are going to get caught. If by the time you see the other realm you are already inside the range that you will get caught, that's not really a CC issue. The issue is you let the other side get the drop on you.

If you are following your warband lead and that's why you are in range to get caught, it's your leaders fault.

As far as resisting it, it depends on what you play and what you are getting caught by.

But in any case the CC isnt really an I win button. The issue is you are probably getting zerged with no support.

Awareness and game knowledge will help you get caught less, but it happens sometimes.

martholomew

Post#5 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:45 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:30 pm You have to get a feel for the range that you are going to get caught. If by the time you see the other realm you are already inside the range that you will get caught, that's not really a CC issue. The issue is you let the other side get the drop on you.

If you are following your warband lead and that's why you are in range to get caught, it's your leaders fault.

As far as resisting it, it depends on what you play and what you are getting caught by.

But in any case the CC isnt really an I win button. The issue is you are probably getting zerged with no support.

Awareness and game knowledge will help you get caught less, but it happens sometimes.
Yes you’re absolutely right. It was mostly my fault for not mounting up sooner and hauling ass but I try to turn around and help stragglers. I guess I won’t do that anymore LOL
Magus 40/78

zgolec

Post#6 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:17 pm

Bait? lol. Mkay.

OK MR.CONSTRUCTIVE.

Stop whining about subpar - comparing to destro - order CC [aoe debuffs, aoe kd, aoe drains its all on destro side not order - just sayin] and stick to ur grp and work on your positioning. If you fall behind and die u do something wrong.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

martholomew

Post#7 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:32 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:17 pm Bait? lol. Mkay.

OK MR.CONSTRUCTIVE.

Stop whining about subpar - comparing to destro - order CC [aoe debuffs, aoe kd, aoe drains its all on destro side not order - just sayin] and stick to ur grp and work on your positioning. If you fall behind and die u do something wrong.
If you don't play destruction, and most specifically a Magus, I don't see why you are here even giving your acerbic and overly emotional, manic comments. This was not a whine post: there is a fine line between whining and genuinely asking the forums for an adult discussion about playstyle and countering CC's and/or how best to avoid it,which I did. Nobody here but you has tried to turn this post into the totally unrelated topic of faction balance that you seem so severely wounded and angry about. Nobody here but you is acting like this is more than just a video game. Nobody here but you is screaming in sarcastic all-caps. I plainly said in my original post that CC on both sides is overpowered in my opinion, and I am entitled to voice my opinion here in accordance with the rules without enduring you trolling, goading, and honestly rather immature comments. I am sitting here as a calm and logical Mister Spock, and you seem like some raging angry Klingon who looks for silly arguments and fights where there isn't one in some attempt to soap box as a superb and elite player who talks down to others for no reason, even as they are legitimately trying to learn the game. That kind of behavior pushes people away from the game if they let it. I won't, but I won't communicate with you in any way anymore. Have a good day.
Magus 40/78

Arbich
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Most CC was already (justifiably) nerfed compared to past RoR and AoR times.

The only CC that comes to mind that was buffed in RoR is Marauder pull terrible embrace (multiple times) and the new Git to the Choppa.

If you think some CC is too strong, post a suggestion in the balance forum :lol:
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
martholomew

Post#9 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:34 pm Most CC was already (justifiably) nerfed compared to past RoR and AoR times.

The only CC that comes to mind that was buffed in RoR is Marauder pull terrible embrace (multiple times) and the new Git to the Choppa.

If you think some CC is too strong, post a suggestion in the balance forum :lol:
Thanks for the information.

Mostly what I am asking is Magus playstyle advice for avoiding the situation in totality.

I know what I did wrong now - i turned back to help people being hit from behind and it got me killed. I was just curious if there was some sort of ability or mechanic I was missing or not getting that could greatly reduce the CC duration or something.
Magus 40/78

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm

martholomew wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:36 pm

Mostly what I am asking is Magus playstyle advice for avoiding the situation in totality.

I know what I did wrong now - i turned back to help people being hit from behind and it got me killed. I was just curious if there was some sort of ability or mechanic I was missing or not getting that could greatly reduce the CC duration or something.
We can only guess but you might got hit by rune priest 100ft stagger.
You can disrupt it but as DD without defensive spec you won't boost your disrupt value high enough.
So it basically comes down to you being too late to move.
Usually the last ppl on the tail of a warband get killed.
When you stay with your group and leader, you will have enough support around you to not worry about CC.
Dying is no option.