Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What can even be done against so much op CC?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zgolec

Re: What can even be done against so much op CC?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 pm

martholomew wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:32 pm
zgolec wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:17 pm Bait? lol. Mkay.

OK MR.CONSTRUCTIVE.

Stop whining about subpar - comparing to destro - order CC [aoe debuffs, aoe kd, aoe drains its all on destro side not order - just sayin] and stick to ur grp and work on your positioning. If you fall behind and die u do something wrong.
If you don't play destruction, and most specifically a Magus, I don't see why you are here even giving your acerbic and overly emotional, manic comments. This was not a whine post: there is a fine line between whining and genuinely asking the forums for an adult discussion about playstyle and countering CC's and/or how best to avoid it,which I did. Nobody here but you has tried to turn this post into the totally unrelated topic of faction balance that you seem so severely wounded and angry about. Nobody here but you is acting like this is more than just a video game. Nobody here but you is screaming in sarcastic all-caps. I plainly said in my original post that CC on both sides is overpowered in my opinion, and I am entitled to voice my opinion here in accordance with the rules without enduring you trolling, goading, and honestly rather immature comments. I am sitting here as a calm and logical Mister Spock, and you seem like some raging angry Klingon who looks for silly arguments and fights where there isn't one in some attempt to soap box as a superb and elite player who talks down to others for no reason, even as they are legitimately trying to learn the game. That kind of behavior pushes people away from the game if they let it. I won't, but I won't communicate with you in any way anymore. Have a good day.
Its nice that you added [Magus] now to topic ;p lulz QQ @overly emotional myself.

Yea i got 70+ magus. Among few other toons.
Magus is one of the most fun to play and op classes btw - the only one i am affraid on my WL [lucky there are not many good maguses around anymore ;p]

Again. Work on your positioning, anticipate what enemy will do.
PH[range] and BH[disrupt] are your friends. depend on situation.
DI too.
DJ and Insta does miracles when timed properly.
And again: position, position, position. Proper one makes even 1v3+ easy peasy.

If it is as Sulorie mentioned 100ft RP theres not much u can do when chased. No worries we suffer from the same from zealot.
Last edited by zgolec on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Zxul

Re: [Magus] What can even be done against so much op CC?

Post#12 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm

Theoretically- your blue pet with max stacks is +32% disrupt for you, combined with maxed renown dodge/disr it gets you to 50% dodge/disr (dps ams will love you as well).

Practically, RoR rvr is all about mobility (which is why also instapet is a must), and knowing when to leg it will save you a lot more then any ability. Use Aegis to help survive the 101010101 dots you are likely to get on you during.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

martholomew

Post#13 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm Theoretically- your blue pet with max stacks is +32% disrupt for you, combined with maxed renown dodge/disr it gets you to 50% dodge/disr (dps ams will love you as well).

Practically, RoR rvr is all about mobility (which is why also instapet is a must), and knowing when to leg it will save you a lot more then any ability. Use Aegis to help survive the 101010101 dots you are likely to get on you during.
Thank you for the help. I had a very good magus player message me and give me advice. I don’t like the playstyle of demonology but I guess it has the best survivability. It just seems as if it does low damage, and that the tactics needed to make it do better can’t all be added. And I suppose rifting people out of a fort entrance doesn’t hurt either.
Magus 40/78

Zxul

Post#14 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:04 pm

martholomew wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:38 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:03 pm Theoretically- your blue pet with max stacks is +32% disrupt for you, combined with maxed renown dodge/disr it gets you to 50% dodge/disr (dps ams will love you as well).

Thank you for the help. I had a very good magus player message me and give me advice. I don’t like the playstyle of demonology but I guess it has the best survivability. It just seems as if it does low damage, and that the tactics needed to make it do better can’t all be added. And I suppose rifting people out of a fort entrance doesn’t hurt either.
Dmg vise, your flamer pet makes your Daem/Change dots tick faster, resulting in higher dps. Stack all dots on them, then finish of with melee snare nuke spam.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 pm

I do see order are beginning claw back the constant zerg.

This is positive but there one massive issue i noticed over the last few day. Leads are inexperienced and thier is evidence some may be destro player helping the enemy realm.

The more experienced wb leaders have vanished poppin in once a day at eu primetime the rest the time is disorganised and lacks proper communication.

Also hitting multiple zones at the same time will never work we need to pick one zone and try to dominate it and push for the fort instead bouncing from dwarf to elf to empire hour after hour.

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:16 pm

Magus has a tanky build that's meant to be viable. I think you need to get toughness up to 700-800.

Boursk

Post#17 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Nerf slayers.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

adamthelc

Post#18 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Boursk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 pmNerf slayers.
Rampage does make their undefendable knock down undefendable. That's OP.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#19 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:37 am

Make them pay for your kill.
As a Magus you do have the opportunity to grant your fellow destro players a couple of precious seconds to get out in time.

drop your infestation
explode your daemon
and don't forget to aoe root just before you die
if you are rift specced you could also rift just after dropping your infestation
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

anarchypark

Post#20 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 pm

are you magus ?
one of best CC class shouldn't complain about CC ;)

preparation.
1. equip insta pet summon tactic.
2. after cc broken, summon pet.
escape plan.
1. detonate pet. and run.
gives you guaranteed 3s.
2. aoe root. and run.
not good against rdps.
3. snare with storm. and run.
little extra.
4. drop nugling and run
not guaranteed, 0~6 sec.