Recent Topics

Ads

City Siege Guide

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wam

Re: City Siege Guide

Post#11 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:02 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:53 pm No warlord medallions, Royal Crests are used for all three sets.
What was the reasoning behind this choice? Given the cost of the set, i feel like everyone will just skip Warlord in order to buy Sov as fast as possible.
What?
I have a question to the dev's

on stage 3

in your instance if all the dps are RDPS... because its very easy to see order having full rdps compared to destro

what happens to the mdps champion spot? does a extra bw become a jedi master with staff? or do you start with one less champion during this stage?
do 2 rdps become champions or you lose a champion before you begin? :D
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
DokB

Post#12 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am

How does queuing and the city siege pop work?
Does everyone in your WB have to be in Reikwald/The Maw for the pop to go off or any other special rule like that? We had people join from IC and we could still requeue but we weren't sure if the pop was going to work with people in other zones.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Onemantankwall

Post#13 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:22 am

DokB wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am How does queuing and the city siege pop work?
Does everyone in your WB have to be in Reikwald/The Maw for the pop to go off or any other special rule like that? We had people join from IC and we could still requeue but we weren't sure if the pop was going to work with people in other zones.
Only lead needs to be at gate to que (it ques like a sc) you can do whatever wherever till que pops or someone join/leaves abandoning que.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

dshdf

Post#14 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am

is it possible to queue solo/6man?

Ototo

Post#15 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:34 am

dshdf wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 am is it possible to queue solo/6man?
Solo yes. Parties idk, but I presume yes too.
Spoiler:

Ototo

Post#16 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:38 am

Wam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:02 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:49 am

What was the reasoning behind this choice? Given the cost of the set, i feel like everyone will just skip Warlord in order to buy Sov as fast as possible.
What?
I have a question to the dev's

on stage 3

in your instance if all the dps are RDPS... because its very easy to see order having full rdps compared to destro

what happens to the mdps champion spot? does a extra bw become a jedi master with staff? or do you start with one less champion during this stage?
do 2 rdps become champions or you lose a champion before you begin? :D
I saw this on Altdorf test. We had mDPSs, but they arrived late, and we got in the end 2x rDPSs as champions. B4 you ask: Yes, we won.
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:08 pm

DokB wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:17 am How does queuing and the city siege pop work?
We are going to add in some more messaging to clear up expectations for this. It basically works like a scenario queue for now. Full warbands have priority, anyone else backfills.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rubius
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:40 am

Really enjoying seeing cities live again - thanks for this!

Have noticed a couple things regarding contribution so far, which may be intended, but just in case:

In stage 1, if your group overextends / runs off and you are alone defending the objective, you are actually penalized for staying there as the others will get more contribution from kills (even though you are among the few trying to protect the key area.) This tends to hurt tanks and those who listen to calls.

Overall, playing order, non-KOTBS tanks and sometimes healers also seem to be consistently coming in very low on overall contribution when it's time to roll. Might have just been the 2-3 instances I've been in, but have been noticing DPS topping the contribution almost constantly and getting the big bonuses. Will try extinguishing more people (if able) to see if it helps.

Ads
xarax

Post#19 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:56 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am City sieges will now last a maximum of 2 hours.
what about the possible queue time? Today it was like 30mins until the queue was closed. Is that a fixed value or on which parameters it depends?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Goryak

Post#20 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:10 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:22 am Stage 3

Both Kings will be completely immune to all hostile effects so long as any of their respective Champions are alive.

Once the final Champion of a Realm dies, his or her allied King will become vulnerable to damage.

Is this working fine? We had one champ alive today in Altdorf 10 and our King was taking damage. O_o
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY