Recent Topics

Ads

Which side needs more players NA?

Let's talk about... everything else
Starx

Which side needs more players NA?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 pm

My guild is thinking of playing this game and we usually like playing on the underdog side, how the population split for american times like for order/destro?

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Which side needs more players NA?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:39 pm

Destro has more right now.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:41 pm

Starx wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 pm My guild is thinking of playing this game and we usually like playing on the underdog side, how the population split for american times like for order/destro?
Order is the underdog side at the moment. Populations are fickle however, only takes a few active successful guilds to flip things around.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wpc56
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 pm

There is only one large order and dest alliance on NA hours. I main order so I know an order guild does have a dest night so the aao situation gets out of hand on that particular "day"

Dest has been out numbering order for last 6 months now... but then aao is pretty sweet. You just have to be thick skin to suck up the losses against twice as many people (also order tends to play rdps so they just get rolled by melee train)

Xumae

Post#5 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 pm

order need more
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Starx

Post#6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks for replies tried last night and was suprised how many ppl were in a low level zone for a private server, was fun.

We are just working with 4 people right now, maybe more later. We've been trying to come up with good 4 man comps for order/destro. Mostly staying away from mdps, pretty afraid of playing one with only 1 tank and healer, and just the problems that might come from being low level and gear for a while.

Tried 2 sh, 1 shaman and a BO on destro, and thinking of making 1 dps am, healing am, SM, and then the last spot is a toss up of any elf dps really. I think ideally we settled on just making 2 squads on each faction so we can switch to whatever side needs help.

Seen a lot of balance changes around DPS AM and white lion how are they right now? And if you got any suggestions for a good 4 man would be nice to hear as well.

Ototo

Post#7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

Starx wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm Thanks for replies tried last night and was suprised how many ppl were in a low level zone for a private server, was fun.

We are just working with 4 people right now, maybe more later. We've been trying to come up with good 4 man comps for order/destro. Mostly staying away from mdps, pretty afraid of playing one with only 1 tank and healer, and just the problems that might come from being low level and gear for a while.

Tried 2 sh, 1 shaman and a BO on destro, and thinking of making 1 dps am, healing am, SM, and then the last spot is a toss up of any elf dps really. I think ideally we settled on just making 2 squads on each faction so we can switch to whatever side needs help.

Seen a lot of balance changes around DPS AM and white lion how are they right now? And if you got any suggestions for a good 4 man would be nice to hear as well.
I think that your pick up classes are heavily biased by your experience in tier1. Later on SHs are very poor rangeds compared with Magi and Sorcs, and Shams are fine as long as you play them very good or get a DoK support. By themselves they have the same trouble than AMs: long cast times, which makes keeping a team alive somehow difficult under any circumstances that actually require a healer to perform under pressure. DPS AM is just trashy in tier4. You need a lot of investment in gold and gear for them to be worthy, and will be completely sub-par compared with an equally geared pure DPS. Burst damage is what kills, DoTs are simply healed.

If you guys want a more balanced roleplay faction to choose, try Chaos and Empire or Dwarf. You will thank me later.
Spoiler:

Starx

Post#8 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm
Starx wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm Thanks for replies tried last night and was suprised how many ppl were in a low level zone for a private server, was fun.

I think that your pick up classes are heavily biased by your experience in tier1. Later on SHs are very poor rangeds compared with Magi and Sorcs, and Shams are fine as long as you play them very good or get a DoK support. By themselves they have the same trouble than AMs: long cast times, which makes keeping a team alive somehow difficult under any circumstances that actually require a healer to perform under pressure. DPS AM is just trashy in tier4. You need a lot of investment in gold and gear for them to be worthy, and will be completely sub-par compared with an equally geared pure DPS. Burst damage is what kills, DoTs are simply healed.

If you guys want a more balanced roleplay faction to choose, try Chaos and Empire or Dwarf. You will thank me later.
I was told magi/engineer where very large scale focused classes and wouldnt fit well into smaller group play and lack single target pressure and need another class for things like heal debuff. As for the shaman pick, we were already 3 out of 4 greenskins might as well make it a roleplay group haha. But i see where Zealot and RP could be much more effective for us. Althought I dont understand how DPS AM could be all that bad, I remember them being pretty good 1v1 class and with some of the buffs im looking at making them even better id think they would perform well enough for a 4 man ranged/kite group. We thought about running sorc or bw but were worried that they would be too much of a liability if anyone got onto them and our tank wasn't in range. They dont seem like they can kite, have just a single target detaunt etc...

Ads
Ototo

Post#9 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm

Starx wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:38 pm

I was told magi/engineer where very large scale focused classes and wouldnt fit well into smaller group play and lack single target pressure and need another class for things like heal debuff. As for the shaman pick, we were already 3 out of 4 greenskins might as well make it a roleplay group haha. But i see where Zealot and RP could be much more effective for us. Althought I dont understand how DPS AM could be all that bad, I remember them being pretty good 1v1 class and with some of the buffs im looking at making them even better id think they would perform well enough for a 4 man ranged/kite group. We thought about running sorc or bw but were worried that they would be too much of a liability if anyone got onto them and our tank wasn't in range. They dont seem like they can kite, have just a single target detaunt etc...
Well, that's true and it's not at a time. They have a huge AoE potential, but also very good single target trees, specially the Magus one. 2 magi dropping on anyone is usually a death sentence, same as 2 coordinated engis. Thing is that not many people pick the single target tree, cause, you know, LOTS of flying numbers :P

DPS AMs are only 1vs1 decent. Don't expect to kill a class with cleanses easily though. In this respect, DPS Shams are a lot better, with better ganking and small scale tactics.

BWs/Sorcs have on-demand 30 seconds roots, and good kiting skills. The DPS AM slot that you are filling with, will be doing much, much, much less damage than them, and in tier4 their survivability is comparable. Hard to know who is easier to kill, but definitely easy to say who will be able to meltdown things before they become a trouble.
Spoiler:

wpc56
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 pm

If you run small group you need to think about your composition. If you running mostly range dps, then you need a tank that can keep distance with aoe ensnare and single target punt (IB/knight)

Like poster above said, you need burst and not dots that can be easily healed through so think about classes with healing debuff (except SW, that's garbage class)

Heal AM is bad because you have limited on the move heal unlike RP, nothing can save him when he's pulled or melee trained while casting big heal standing there

Ideally a balance group would be tank/mdps/m or rdps/heal

It's all about distance control. 2 RDPS means you need to keep kiting and one solid tank to soak dmg and keep melee off (which also means you need a geared bw who KNOWS HIS ROTATION to burst down someone. 2 MDPS means you need someone with mobility to extend or control space to secure a kill. Knight would be ideal for space control.

RDPS combo is harder because if you are flanked, your rdps will drop fast. MDPS combo is better because melee dps have root immnue and aoe detaunt and better defensive morale to survive longer