Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] Single Target Heal Rotation

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LazarusParadox

[DoK] Single Target Heal Rotation

Post#1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Hey all!

I have been doing more small scale roaming (duo/trio) with my DoK and have really been feeling the strain on my single target heals. I am spoiled by my zealot.

I’m good about keeping both my HoTs up on my targets and even get in there and Rend Soul whenever I can to keep health bars high under focus.

I’m wondering though from the back lines is there a way I can better optimize my single target healing between casts of Khaines Invigoration? Restore Essence seems stupidly taxing Soul Essence wise for the healing it does. Sort of same for Khaines Embrace, in terms of its a nice group heal but I learned trigger discipline for it long ago :P

What’s been working for you guys? Should I just stick to my Zealot for the small scale stuff? ;)

Ads
Wiede

Re: [DoK] Single Target Heal Rotation

Post#2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Well, you are running the grphealer of the Game for singletarget heal... What did you expect?

LazarusParadox

Post#3 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Wiede wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:23 pm Well, you are running the grphealer of the Game for singletarget heal... What did you expect?
I mean sure, normally I’m healing a 6 man and it’s great! But there are times when I’m just running with a few people and am looking for how I can improve at that. Any suggestions? :)

Vayra

Post#4 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Yeah, for healing a single target DoK is **** outside of melee specs. Rend Soul is one of the better ST heals in the game, but not really usable in RvR.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ototo

Post#5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:03 pm

I use the same ST heal in both WP and DoK: Devour Essence if a target is in range and is worthy, Restore Essence, Khaine's Invigoration, Patch Wounds, Soul Infusion, Restore Essence again (should have faded away by now), and either mele from here or group buffs.
Spoiler:

marisco

Post#6 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:47 pm

If you want to reliably ST heal as a dok you need to get into melee and use life taps. Restore Essence should never, ever, be spammed as to-go-heal. Put HOTs up, Khaine's Invigoration and Rend Soul. If you need to spam something in the meanwhile spam Consume Essence for the next Rend Soul but dont run out of AP so you can Khaine's invigoration again when its off cd.

donkawonka
Banned

Post#7 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 pm

keep both hots up, use restore essence then khaines invi to counter burst. dok st healing is really strong, dont listen to people saying it isnt