Recent Topics

Ads

New with a few Q's

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
flyingnehpets

New with a few Q's

Post#1 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Hello!

I'm new to RoR but not the Warhammer world.
I've been on the hunt for a great MMO and stumbled across this game. Lately I began playing DAoC again but I'm not 100% sold on playing there (Phoenix free shard).

I really crave PvP/RvR mechanics. I've read a bit of the forums and I'm excited to give RoR a solid weekend of my time to see if it's the time-consuming game for me.

I am MST time zone.
Order looks to be the underpopulated realm? I will be rolling Order.
I hear tanks are in short supply? Which tank would be best for RvR group play and how viable are tanks in RvR?
Do small man teams exist or is this RvR mechanics more of a zerg mentality?

Any other feedback, infos, suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
- FN

Ads
Ototo

Re: New with a few Q's

Post#2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am

flyingnehpets wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:18 pm Hello!

I'm new to RoR but not the Warhammer world.
I've been on the hunt for a great MMO and stumbled across this game. Lately I began playing DAoC again but I'm not 100% sold on playing there (Phoenix free shard).

I really crave PvP/RvR mechanics. I've read a bit of the forums and I'm excited to give RoR a solid weekend of my time to see if it's the time-consuming game for me.

I am MST time zone.
1. Order looks to be the underpopulated realm? I will be rolling Order.
2. I hear tanks are in short supply? 3. Which tank would be best for RvR group play and how viable are tanks in RvR?
4. Do small man teams exist or is this RvR mechanics more of a zerg mentality?

5. Any other feedback, infos, suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
- FN
Welcome aboard :)

1. Yes, but population balance can swiftly change in just hours.

2. Again depends. Support classes are always much more needed though cause, they are essential to progress anything, call it an RvR assault to a keep or a PvE dungeon. Tanks and healers are always required.

3. From Order side the easiest to use is the Knight of the Blazing Sun. Very powerful class as it's its mirror in Destruction, the chaos Chosen. If you want something more challenging, there are the Swordmasters and Black Guards, which are offensive tanks with synergy for 2handed weapons. In the flexibility range lays the Ironbreaker with its many tools and skills. Finally the arguably best tank is the Black Ork, which combines what is good from other tanks in a single entity. I would say that, being your 1st serious character, I would rank them like this: KotBS, Chosen, BOrk, BG = SM, IB. IBs aren't bad at all, but just don't shine while being relatively hard to use compared with a KotBS. I would clearly not recommend the last 3 tanks to a new player for his/her 1st character.

4. Yes, yes, and yes.... yeah, I know, sounds contradictory, but it's the way it is :lol:

5. Join a guild if you can. Read this excellent guide from the Bitterstone Thunderers that, while is focused in dwarf characters, includes a very concise and clear explanation of many game concepts. Don't be afraid to ask for specifics in /ad chat in game, cause even if there are always one or two trolls that will randomly insult or treat you like if you were stupid, there are always a lot of kind people eager to help you if they can.
Spoiler:

flyingnehpets

Post#3 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:15 am Welcome aboard :)

1. Yes, but population balance can swiftly change in just hours.

2. Again depends. Support classes are always much more needed though cause, they are essential to progress anything, call it an RvR assault to a keep or a PvE dungeon. Tanks and healers are always required.

3. From Order side the easiest to use is the Knight of the Blazing Sun. Very powerful class as it's its mirror in Destruction, the chaos Chosen. If you want something more challenging, there are the Swordmasters and Black Guards, which are offensive tanks with synergy for 2handed weapons. In the flexibility range lays the Ironbreaker with its many tools and skills. Finally the arguably best tank is the Black Ork, which combines what is good from other tanks in a single entity. I would say that, being your 1st serious character, I would rank them like this: KotBS, Chosen, BOrk, BG = SM, IB. IBs aren't bad at all, but just don't shine while being relatively hard to use compared with a KotBS. I would clearly not recommend the last 3 tanks to a new player for his/her 1st character.

4. Yes, yes, and yes.... yeah, I know, sounds contradictory, but it's the way it is :lol:

5. Join a guild if you can. Read this excellent guide from the Bitterstone Thunderers that, while is focused in dwarf characters, includes a very concise and clear explanation of many game concepts. Don't be afraid to ask for specifics in /ad chat in game, cause even if there are always one or two trolls that will randomly insult or treat you like if you were stupid, there are always a lot of kind people eager to help you if they can.
Thank you, and thank you for the great response!

You've given me a bit to think about.

- FN

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Devs just announce that this weekend its a X2 event (X2 exp+rp+inf) so you can get a huge push to your new char....probably can reach lvl 40 if you play enough lol

flyingnehpets

Post#5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:25 pm Devs just announce that this weekend its a X2 event (X2 exp+rp+inf) so you can get a huge push to your new char....probably can reach lvl 40 if you play enough lol
Awesome! Thank you for that! More incentive to play now :D