Recent Topics

Ads

[Engie / Magus] Turret and deamon, it's to fix what was never broken

Let's talk about... everything else
xanderous

[Engie / Magus] Turret and deamon, it's to fix what was never broken

Post#1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:13 am

Hello,

A while back for some unknown reason, engineers and magus had their pets/turrets damage resistance severally nerfed to which we have still to hear the reasoning behind it, torque said it was a precursor to future changes that never even transpired and the since then nothing has been done to address this and he himself has gone.
As well as to address the have increase to the amount of a AOE players can now be hit by puts these mechanics into a very bad place with no room to apart to beyond simply avoiding using proper rift or dot builds. This disregardes the changes that were made previously and how this would effect the classes in this specific regard, i think its time to revert the changes to these pet mechanic they simply should not die in one second of being spawned, the white lion does not suffer this penalty, neither should any other. Bug trackers have been made, suggestions have been posted and ignored, with no feedback its a bad joke that has gone on long enough and it highlights a disconnect between devs design choice and the actual current climate of RVR, this is not an unreasonable request to have this looked at or at the very least reasoning being explained.

Thanks
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
Tankbeardz

Re: [Engie / Magus] Turret and deamon, it's to fix what was never broken

Post#2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:38 am

What, you don't like your pet insta dying and killing all of your damage / support with it?

Nidwin

Post#3 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 am

Sov is out now, that's when the true Magus fun and true Magus gameplay comes to light.

Mount up
Move around
Poof the Magus (before the daemon gets even up)
Push respawn button as you will get less and less rezzes because of poof the Magus.

Best was the Mythic patches.
All CC reduced by half -> NERF MAGUS
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

mubbl

Post#4 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:58 am

wl pet got overtuned, pet got abused due to no restrictions to movement trough walls etc. this lead to the decision to remove aoe heal from ALL pets, as compensation ALL pets got better scaling with stats and should only take 10% aoe dmg (correct me if i am wrong). not sure if wl pet still have extra stats, since much got rerolled.
some adjustments for magus/engi would indeed be nice.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm

Your ranged pets shouldn't be taking damage, they should be placed far away from the damage, at range even. This sounds like pet abuse to me.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

geezereur

Post#6 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:28 pm

What about the close and mid range pet they have to be close

Reesh

Post#7 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 pm

It's not like there's a whole tree, that's focused on fighting in melee range...

Ototo

Post#8 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

Reesh wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 pm It's not like there's a whole tree, that's focused on fighting in melee range...
Well, I normally set my turret far behind, then run to the front line and back. Far from optimal, but I guess it's the way it is.
Spoiler:

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm Your ranged pets shouldn't be taking damage, they should be placed far away from the damage, at range even. This sounds like pet abuse to me.
But the flame turret and Blue deamon are short ranged specific for close range encounters, also they provide a buff to defence from range to the player but clearly not to themselves or is at least not correctly scaled due to the increased amount of aoe they recieve, its counter productive to have a mastery tree that is clearly for close range aoe damage but have the tool fall apart in a typical close range aoe environment , i'd suggest you take out your magus or engie and just try to keep these pets alive in large scalre rvr because like me and many others you will discover even if extra wounds and toughness tactic for the pet, the aoe just murders it in seconds, especially at keeps and fort defence. It would be perfectly explainable if it was only happening to the single target turret or pink deamon because thats for long range but not the mid to close range ones.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 am

xanderous wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:02 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm Your ranged pets shouldn't be taking damage, they should be placed far away from the damage, at range even. This sounds like pet abuse to me.
But the flame turret and Blue deamon are short ranged specific for close range encounters, also they provide a buff to defence from range to the player but clearly not to themselves or is at least not correctly scaled due to the increased amount of aoe they recieve, its counter productive to have a mastery tree that is clearly for close range aoe damage but have the tool fall apart in a typical close range aoe environment , i'd suggest you take out your magus or engie and just try to keep these pets alive in large scalre rvr because like me and many others you will discover even if extra wounds and toughness tactic for the pet, the aoe just murders it in seconds, especially at keeps and fort defence. It would be perfectly explainable if it was only happening to the single target turret or pink deamon because thats for long range but not the mid to close range ones.
One might even ask, what even is a short range spec good for?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog