Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Post#31 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 pm

mubbl wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:07 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm In the future I'll include Invader in this as well, restricting PvP-earned set jewels to slot 4, and PvE earned set jewels to slot 3. It's very much aimed at stacking 4 different set rings.
what will be the plans for genesis(pvp gear) and winds of impervious(pve/tok)?
if we are talking about gear, may you share if there are plans for an 8 piece bonus for the new sets?
Obviously you can't restrict the entirety of a jewelry set to one piece. Not sure why you're asking.
8pc bonus is on the gear, as mentioned in the last patch note the tooltip won't display it. When you equip all 8 you will receive a granted ability like on live.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#32 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm In the future I'll include Invader in this as well, restricting PvP-earned set jewels to slot 4, and PvE earned set jewels to slot 3. It's very much aimed at stacking 4 different set rings.
Seems a bit too restrictive... genesis as well? What about Huter Vale, will it share with sent/bl or any other pve?
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Jeliel80 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:24 pm
Seems a bit too restrictive... genesis as well? What about Huter Vale, will it share with sent/bl or any other pve?
Again, I'm not sure what you kids had for breakfast, but how exactly are you expecting a full Jewelry Set to be restricted to a single slot? That's obviously not what was meant. You're just asking dumb questions now.

Sentinel is already restricted to slot 3
Other ARMOR sets (that include a jewelry piece) will have the JEWELRY piece restricted to slot 3 FOR PVE SETS and slot 4 FOR PVP SETS. Eventually. Not right now. I have to test and make sure people with full inventories don't have their jewelry yeeted into oblivion.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

mubbl

Post#34 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:34 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 pm
mubbl wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:07 pm
what will be the plans for genesis(pvp gear) and winds of impervious(pve/tok)?
if we are talking about gear, may you share if there are plans for an 8 piece bonus for the new sets?
Obviously you can't restrict the entirety of a jewelry set to one piece. Not sure why you're asking.
8pc bonus is on the gear, as mentioned in the last patch note the tooltip won't display it. When you equip all 8 you will receive a granted ability like on live.
just to silence the little voices in my head, telling me they could be removed, since you said "PvP-earned" and "PvE earned" sets. that gave two options nmber one they wont be touched, number two they might be never touchable again.
ah okay, guess i was to focused on ability changes in last patch notes :D
thank you for you quick answer

Lerilla

Post#35 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm

"If you are participating in a siege city with a rating of 1 you will recieve nothing per stage loss."

Why should I try to defend/ attack when it's clear that we loose and get nothing for even try to do something?

Lithenir

Post#36 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Lerilla wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm "If you are participating in a siege city with a rating of 1 you will recieve nothing per stage loss."

Why should I try to defend/ attack when it's clear that we loose and get nothing for even try to do something?
You are clearly missing the point in this. This obviously is to discourage people from throwing zones and fortresses to get to the city and encourage the fighting in the lakes.

Lerilla

Post#37 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:37 pm
Lerilla wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm "If you are participating in a siege city with a rating of 1 you will recieve nothing per stage loss."

You are clearly missing the point in this. This obviously is to discourage people from throwing zones and fortresses to get to the city and encourage the fighting in the lakes.
I understand that, but there are also players who can't play 24 hours a day and can't wait for a 3+ star city to get the royal med. So, when a build WB fights against a non build WB, the not builed wb can leave instantly and the other gets free loot. And why should we stop rvr when there is only one fort missing. E.g. order needs only one fort missing for uv, oh but wait uv has only one star, let's stop attacking the fort and let's destro lock the fort back. Should this be the sense of rvr? I don't think so.

engharat

Post#38 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Exactly. What will happen is that no pugs wb will be made to defend a city at 1 rating, so that attackers will get fewer queue played and overall few people will play in that case.

Ads
Lithenir

Post#39 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am

Lerilla wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:44 pm

I understand that, but there are also players who can't play 24 hours a day and can't wait for a 3+ star city to get the royal med. So, when a build WB fights against a non build WB, the not builed wb can leave instantly and the other gets free loot. And why should we stop rvr when there is only one fort missing. E.g. order needs only one fort missing for uv, oh but wait uv has only one star, let's stop attacking the fort and let's destro lock the fort back. Should this be the sense of rvr? I don't think so.
Let me ask you one thing in return. Should the sense of rvr be that you don't participate in it and just wait in the city until a city siege pops? I don't think so.
Devs sadly can't change player attitude. And TBH I think it will be pretty rare to have 1 star cities being sieged. There is a timer of 8 hours in which the city cannot be sieged after it has been sieged and it takes 12 hours for a city to be increased to 2 stars.
From what I have seen this weekend were incredibly strong defended zones and rvr after all which is great. No one threw zones, this is rvr how it should be.
In return I'll probably won't see a city siege in a long time but I don't care, for me endgame is the t4 campaign with the ultimate goal to siege the enemy city.

Lerilla

Post#40 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:49 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am
Lerilla wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Let me ask you one thing in return. Should the sense of rvr be that you don't participate in it and just wait in the city until a city siege pops? I don't think so.
Devs sadly can't change player attitude. And TBH I think it will be pretty rare to have 1 star cities being sieged. There is a timer of 8 hours in which the city cannot be sieged after it has been sieged and it takes 12 hours for a city to be increased to 2 stars.
From what I have seen this weekend were incredibly strong defended zones and rvr after all which is great. No one threw zones, this is rvr how it should be.
In return I'll probably won't see a city siege in a long time but I don't care, for me endgame is the t4 campaign with the ultimate goal to siege the enemy city.
Nice that there were big fights. But I'm still thinking that there should be a little reward for even trying (even if the city has only 1 star) for defending/ attacking. What's the problem to give one medallion? Sure is the endgame the siege of the city. But yeah. Think about that. You pushed to the city the whole day but the city has only one star (this can happen under the week, like last week when there are few people online and not about 1200 like this weekend) and you have a pug wb and you have no chance against a defender wb. Wow... you get nothing as a reward. Easy play for the defender because the pug wb will loose people after people. Sounds nice.... not