Recent Topics

Ads

New player: What are the changes made to the classes?

Let's talk about... everything else
Noan

New player: What are the changes made to the classes?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 am

Hello everyone, just discovered RoR and i`m quite excited to join this community.

Playing a Sacrifice DoK on retail was the most fun i ever had with a class on a mmo, and i`m looking forward for that experience again. That said i have seem some post saying that class balance was updated by the developers and i`m intrigued by that. Is there a post or a place where i can read all the changes that were made from retail?

Ads
uanaka

Re: New player: What are the changes made to the classes?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:24 am

Especially for Sacrifice DOK - just look through the skills in the career builder https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... -of-khaine

They shifted the playstyle to make Sacrifice/Grace specs use a shield, in order to use Transfer Essence and Blood of my Blood.

Noan

Post#3 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:38 am

Thanks for the reply, i`ll take a look at the builder.

I don`t remember enough about the game to spot balance changes by just looking at the skills, that is why i`m looking for a log or patch notes where i can wrap my head around where the classes are at the moment.

About these specific changes to the Sacrifice DoK, does he still have the DPS/HPS gameplay? What i enjoyed about it was that i had a DPS gameplay with AoE healing mechanics on top. Does the shield instead of dual wield supports this gameplay?

Thanks for the information again! =)

Glorian

Post#4 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:28 am

There is not such a complete list of changes. All of the code was reverse engineered to replicate what the abilities do.

For the Dwarf classes most stuff was covered in the dwarf handbook. Like the different buffs from the engi turrets.

Other stuff is known like always active auras on Kotbs/chosen or not stacking buffs like strength potion and strength buff from a Rune/blessing or an aura.

uanaka

Post#5 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Noan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:38 am Thanks for the reply, i`ll take a look at the builder.

I don`t remember enough about the game to spot balance changes by just looking at the skills, that is why i`m looking for a log or patch notes where i can wrap my head around where the classes are at the moment.

About these specific changes to the Sacrifice DoK, does he still have the DPS/HPS gameplay? What i enjoyed about it was that i had a DPS gameplay with AoE healing mechanics on top. Does the shield instead of dual wield supports this gameplay?

Thanks for the information again! =)
I never played before the changes, so I can't exactly comment. But the damage that you provide is nothing more than pressure, sure you might be able to confirm a few low health targets, but your priority will be healing through melee abilities.

However at the current state, it is not viable to level as sacrifice. You should level with Torture or Dark Rites, and once you hit 40 and have some decent gear you can try sacrifice out. Without some gear and renown points, you're just too squishy to be on the front line.

Drys

Post#6 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:59 pm

uanaka wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:49 pm I never played before the changes, so I can't exactly comment. But the damage that you provide is nothing more than pressure, sure you might be able to confirm a few low health targets, but your priority will be healing through melee abilities.

However at the current state, it is not viable to level as sacrifice. You should level with Torture or Dark Rites, and once you hit 40 and have some decent gear you can try sacrifice out. Without some gear and renown points, you're just too squishy to be on the front line.

I realize this wasn't the intent of OPs post, but I would disagree and say the opposite. If you equip/spec right, the sacrifice DOK is actually a lot of fun and can do decent heals while supporting dps up until 40. Once 40 it's probably better to switch to backline healer until you get decent enough gear to rejoin on the front lines. I have a sac DOK at lvl 37 and 40/48 WP. Leveled both primarily through sac/grace in the mid tiers.

OFC it's always nice to have a guard.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

uanaka

Post#7 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:35 pm

I mean it's fine from the 31-40 levels, but without transfer essence you're a crap DPS and a crap healer. I'm sure you can make it work now that the scenario ranges being extended to 16-39, but it's not as a great once you jump into t4/40+ scenarios. It's also not nearly as viable in large group warband play in RVR.

Drys

Post#8 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Yes, I agree not a good RVR spec. I'm speaking mostly from a SC perspective (but if you want DPS gear, that's what you're playing mostly anyway). At 40/4X I'd stick with dark rites, but for leveling you can do Sac...just recognize there's a period where backline prob makes more sense
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Noan

Post#9 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks for all the answers.

I downloaded and played a little DoK yesterday and i can see the argument that it is not as effective. Maybe i`m too low level and don`t have some key abilities, or maybe i`m just not as skilled as i was back them, but i definitely felt there wasn`t enough to justify going into the front lines and the extra risk and complexity. Ended up just back line healing.

And the tiny shields were really weird, was expecting the big ones from the Blackguards.

Anyway, i`ll probably check another class as the game felt great. Again, thanks everyone for all the input!