Recent Topics

Ads

The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
uanaka

Re: The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Post#41 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:05 pm

Vaereir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm These two posts (klarsen and drekan) above me are both in the same boat.

How about we just value the community that was here before the influx of players that kept it alive.

How about we stop coming forward as individuals and try to speak for 'the rest of us' when it clearly isn't true.

How about we appreciate that we're all here right -now- to play a game we enjoy.

Anything people have found to be new or as an experience that they haven't had in a while - will obviously garner a lot of attention. Doesn't mean it's going to retain every single person playing right now.

I've tried this server out several times over and truly could never get into it personally. Mostly due to race / class picks along with faction. But this time around I'm really into it.

Do I think others have an advantage over me? Well of **** course they do. Am I going to whine and bitch about it? No. The game is still going mostly because of those before me.

Do I think the new players with me included among them should just leave? Of course not. Why would you want a bigger population to just come then go. If you think everyone who's tried out RoR recently is going to stay then you're very deluded.

Wipes are unfair to the long time players, and we don't need someone heralding supposed comments off of Twitch of all places for such drastic changes. Honestly the last place to be drawing suggestions from in the first place.
Ditto. Thank you for being understanding, logical, and actually able to rationalize that this game was not on death's door until the LP video. If you ever need help or have any questions on Order side, just hit me up on Uanaka or same name on Discord as well. Always happy to help out a new player who is willing to learn and understand different perspectives.

Ads
Kaozium

Post#42 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:12 pm

A discussion is when two parties engage in a debate to find the best outcome or analysis.
There is no debate and nothing to analyze. Stop acting like there is a discussion to give meat to your illusion.

You can reach 40 by a week of playing, less with the double xp event you got, and add another week for a decent pvp gear set. If you play regularly, you will catch up in as little as a month or two.

This is not an arcade game, this is an mmo. You come on a server that has years of history, play it for a week, and want to raze it to the ground. I'm far from being one of the most hardcore player yet I find this request (that's what it is, not a discussion) pathetic.

Get the WoW mentality out of your system or you won't fit here.

Take a few weeks to build a character, learn to play (I know, you are all "good at mmos" even if T1 this week was a nightmare of noobery), and you may become a respected player of a damn good old school mmo.

Most of the youtube people will be gone in 1 or 2 months tops anyway, so might as well not cater to them too much, yea?

Oculta

Post#43 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:30 pm

klarsen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 pm The level of defensive toxicity here is frankly staggering. I brought the matter up because it's a question that's being asked repeatedly with the influx of thousands of new players. How the hell is that "entitlement"? Is this community that hostile? This hysterical "nuh uh!" is a serious eye-opener in terms of what the veterans of this server can be like. "GTFO and stop whining" is really the way you want to welcome a wave of new players that has made this project grow in numbers from the hundreds to several thousand? That's how you respond to a post that takes both sides of the argument into account? Wow. It is possible to disagree with something without screeching, spittle-spewing insults.

I guess the thought of losing an enormous advantage really caused some brains to melt.

Yikes.
i say it also ... if that game dont benefits your playstyle ... pls go to another game and have fun. U r playing the first week now. Chill bro get ur gear /lern to play your class/ get a proper guild or group. If that isnt possible for u .... PLS LEAVE

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

Kaozium

Post#44 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:00 pm

- Bring a self-centered request that penalizes people who invested time and effort, and lacks respect for the devs who did a special event for you
    - Act like it's an important discussion (no) that deserves all the attention even though it's just an idea
    - Blame people of being defensive for pointing this out, and pretend the recent influx saved the project (no) hence deserves special treatment (still no)

Look at yourself before saying people are toxic defensive screechers. Kid.
    Last edited by Kaozium on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Detangler

Post#45 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:05 pm

I got my ass stomped on plenty of times by veteran RR 80 players when I started in 2018. Take your lumps or group up with others. Dont run solo as a fresh 40 and expect to slay everything in sight.
    Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
    Destro - Mostly Harmless
    Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
    Order - Most dishonorable

Berserkur

Post#46 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:33 pm

As an Player that spend a lot of Time in his Charaters, i don´t like the thought to be reset the Server.
    But I can understand new Player that they intrested in faster Progress.
    And me too, for some Second Char and for my Main Char too.
    In my Opinion one solution can be too activate the Change of Medalions and Emblems that are over the Officer Rang.
    According to me with a worse exchange rate than the previous one.
    You can get stuck as an old player too and not get ahead because, for example, the city is not when you can be online etc.

I think this could be a solution for many Player Old and New
    Last edited by Berserkur on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zgolec

Post#47 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Kaozium wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:00 pm - Bring a self-centered request that penalizes people who invested time and effort, and lacks respect for the devs who did a special event for you
    - Act like it's an important discussion (no) that deserves all the attention even though it's just an idea
    - Blame people of being defensive for pointing this out, and pretend the recent influx saved the project (no) hence deserves special treatment (still no)

Look at yourself before saying people are toxic defensive screechers. Kid.
    Nicely roasted that nab. 10/10.
    I lold ;] No idea where ya from buddie but i'd buy ya a beer :p or 10 :P
    SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
    CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

wargrimnir
    Head Game Master

Post#48 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:43 pm

We're not wiping anything or starting a new server.
    [email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
    grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads