Could not access WAR.EXE...another one

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Swaro3

Could not access WAR.EXE...another one

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 am

Heya all, new of the game

I logged yesterday night the game and all was smooth.
This morning tried to access but instead i got the following advice after the launcher tried to check the "WAR.EXE" file

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Accesso al percorso 'C:\Games\Return of Reckoning\WAR.exe' negato.
in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
in RoRLauncher.Client.A98wHY8h7w09xWaFRnT(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
in RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
in RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
in RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

I found online the topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889, and in particular the "Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!" section.

The point is that:
1) I don't have a WAR.EXE file, only a WAR-64.EXE one
2) I checked the "read-only" option of the file launcher and in the WAR-64 file, neither of the file is flagged
3) Applied the "Powershell" method listed in the above mentioned topic, all file checked as "not read only"
4) The launcher is not locked
5) The game was downloaded not via torrent but with the direct download link provided in the page "https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download"

Can someone lend me an hand please?

Ads
zak68

Re: Could not access WAR.EXE...another one

Post#2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 am

tell your antivirus to ignore ror folder then reboot.

Ghostwalker

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:55 am

Swaro3 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 am Heya all, new of the game

I logged yesterday night the game and all was smooth.
This morning tried to access but instead i got the following advice after the launcher tried to check the "WAR.EXE" file

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Accesso al percorso 'C:\Games\Return of Reckoning\WAR.exe' negato.
in System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
in System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
in System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
in RoRLauncher.Client.A98wHY8h7w09xWaFRnT(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
in RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
in RoRLauncher.Client.IkaEZ48iD826NFTu0BH(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
in RoRLauncher.Client.rSN1Kf8QdDryQ7nW8sU(Object )
in RoRLauncher.Client.YFLZyjs0vm(Object )

I found online the topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889, and in particular the "Access was denied to the path or file WAR.exe!" section.

The point is that:
1) I don't have a WAR.EXE file, only a WAR-64.EXE one
2) I checked the "read-only" option of the file launcher and in the WAR-64 file, neither of the file is flagged
3) Applied the "Powershell" method listed in the above mentioned topic, all file checked as "not read only"
4) The launcher is not locked
5) The game was downloaded not via torrent but with the direct download link provided in the page "https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download"

Can someone lend me an hand please?
You need to download the RoR Launcher and run the game using that instead, read this thread Wargrimnir lays it out perfect ->> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

Ghostwalker

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:00 am

Swaro3 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:25 am
I uploaded the files you said youre missing, see if they help you dude here ->> http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=061 ... 0359439238

Acidic

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:23 am

zak68 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 am tell your antivirus to ignore ror folder then reboot.
I would go with this.
Check your antivirus program it probably had a false positive to the game. That is why you don’t have war.exe

You could try the configuration on launcher (cog) to run 64 bit which will try the war-64 but no saying that as soon as you try run that it will also flag.
Add game directory and sub directories to anti virus exceptions , then restart pc to help it understand