Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] SnB leveling build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
psychreaper

[Chosen] SnB leveling build

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:34 pm

Hello, I'm currently a 28/29 chosen.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a build to work towards for SC/RvR. With help on skill rotations, armor/weapon stat choices, and the general game play of the chosen itself. I understand some concepts of the class, but I'm seriously lacking any knowledge on build, and wanted to see if there's any solid info on the forum.

Thank you.

Ads
Ekundu01

Re: [Chosen] SnB leveling build

Post#2 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm

psychreaper wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:34 pm Hello, I'm currently a 28/29 chosen.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a build to work towards for SC/RvR. With help on skill rotations, armor/weapon stat choices, and the general game play of the chosen itself. I understand some concepts of the class, but I'm seriously lacking any knowledge on build, and wanted to see if there's any solid info on the forum.

Thank you.
If you are planning on tanking you want the Orvr gear. The sc gear is more aimed at dps. You are there to be in the front line so the more punishment you can take the better. You want to get your chance to be crit down to 0 or less. You can see your chance to be crit if you open your character screen and hover the mouse over initiative. Chosen has a great tactic to use to called flawless armor that reduces your chance to be crit by 10%.

Armor and toughness and wound are good as well. With the current bolster system you will be way over armor cap so while leveling through orvr you will probably get more out of toughness vs armor. Armor cap is 75% mitigation but you want to be over that so when you get armor debuffed or melee dps that have armor pen, you stay as close to the max mitigation from armor as you can.

Main tactics for your level i would use would probably be Warped flesh, Rugged, and Flawless armor. If you run those three tactics i would go spend points in the discord tree and pick up Quake for the stagger.

Most of the gear you have access to at that level doesn't have a whole lot of block on it so i would pick up some block with renown because block works against everything but morale damage.

You main job is not really damage if you are tanking but is about supporting your team, Challenge on the dps to reduce how much damage they do, hold the line to help your team avoid damage, Guarding swapping to help group members under fire (and staying in range of your guarded target), stagger at the right time can secure kills or help relieve some pressure off your healers. Blast wave (as long as you have resist or heal debuff aura running) will reduce players wounds when they get hit with it. Snaring mdps that are trying to push your back line. with dizzying blow, suppression to boost your parry chance.

There is a lot more but this should get you started with the basics.
Trismack

psychreaper

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm
psychreaper wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:34 pm Hello, I'm currently a 28/29 chosen.

Thank you.
If you are planning on tanking you want the Orvr gear. The sc gear is more aimed at dps. You are there to be in the front line so the more punishment you can take the better. You want to get your chance to be crit down to 0 or less. You can see your chance to be crit if you open your character screen and hover the mouse over initiative. Chosen has a great tactic to use to called flawless armor that reduces your chance to be crit by 10%.

Armor and toughness and wound are good as well. With the current bolster system you will be way over armor cap so while leveling through orvr you will probably get more out of toughness vs armor. Armor cap is 75% mitigation but you want to be over that so when you get armor debuffed or melee dps that have armor pen, you stay as close to the max mitigation from armor as you can.

Main tactics for your level i would use would probably be Warped flesh, Rugged, and Flawless armor. If you run those three tactics i would go spend points in the discord tree and pick up Quake for the stagger.

Most of the gear you have access to at that level doesn't have a whole lot of block on it so i would pick up some block with renown because block works against everything but morale damage.

You main job is not really damage if you are tanking but is about supporting your team, Challenge on the dps to reduce how much damage they do, hold the line to help your team avoid damage, Guarding swapping to help group members under fire (and staying in range of your guarded target), stagger at the right time can secure kills or help relieve some pressure off your healers. Blast wave (as long as you have resist or heal debuff aura running) will reduce players wounds when they get hit with it. Snaring mdps that are trying to push your back line. with dizzying blow, suppression to boost your parry chance.

Amazing information, it seems it's a lot to take in, and this class is more versatile than I assumed. It's nice to know I'm not just a guard bot, so thank you for all this information. I just want to try to get my skill bar down to the essentials, because having nearly 3 bars full of skills is quite overwhelming for me.

thygira

Post#4 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Thank you.

Hey Ekundu01 are 2h chosen a thing? or at least viable? i cant find any recent builds on it

M0rw47h

Post#5 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:23 pm

For Chosen 2H is the way to go usualy for small scale.

Asderas27

Post#6 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:08 pm

The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Zxul

Post#7 » Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm

Can try the one I posted here.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=35284
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh