Recent Topics

Ads

Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Let's talk about... everything else
Akilinus

Re: Class Tier List (WB vs SC)

Post#71 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 pm

I was going to make a list but after looking through the replies I see that my brain is not big enough to give out any advice
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
SaintRon

Post#72 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:02 am
Samejima wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am

Players of these classes in guild/ally WBs will go in knowing they're putting their friends at a disadvantage, and if they lose there will be cases of arguments/animosity over class choice. Guilds looking to fill empty DPS slots will not want these classes, nor will the more organized pug WBs that emerge, so the leftovers will form hodge-podge WBs with an even higher than usual proportion of these classes, making them essentially auto-losses.
This is presumably a big reason why order has a low player count. Hysterical groupthink that says only kotbs can tank and an oddly specific type of warrior priest can heal while complaining there is not enough tanks or healers.

Last time I saw the great VII legion in order they had a 12 man warband. Presumably, a whole bunch of SnB tanks were "not tanky enough", engis are "D tier" or something, and they had only one slot for a dps runepriest, probably the best healer in the game (with zealot).

Since you are quoting shooshpanzerer, you should know orcs run pug warbands, filled with shammies, squigs and choppas. What logic is this? Are they ruining the game for everyone and should be ashamed of themselves? Well, no, they do rather well. And it shows that if you follow orders, stop crying, and use your classes strengths, it does not matter too much what class you go, and more people want to play.
Reading this thread killed all desire to play this game again. Sucks when a community can't pull their head out of their hindquarters.

jhwieser

Post#73 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 am

SaintRon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:02 am
Samejima wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:19 am

Players of these classes in guild/ally WBs will go in knowing they're putting their friends at a disadvantage, and if they lose there will be cases of arguments/animosity over class choice. Guilds looking to fill empty DPS slots will not want these classes, nor will the more organized pug WBs that emerge, so the leftovers will form hodge-podge WBs with an even higher than usual proportion of these classes, making them essentially auto-losses.
This is presumably a big reason why order has a low player count. Hysterical groupthink that says only kotbs can tank and an oddly specific type of warrior priest can heal while complaining there is not enough tanks or healers.

Last time I saw the great VII legion in order they had a 12 man warband. Presumably, a whole bunch of SnB tanks were "not tanky enough", engis are "D tier" or something, and they had only one slot for a dps runepriest, probably the best healer in the game (with zealot).

Since you are quoting shooshpanzerer, you should know orcs run pug warbands, filled with shammies, squigs and choppas. What logic is this? Are they ruining the game for everyone and should be ashamed of themselves? Well, no, they do rather well. And it shows that if you follow orders, stop crying, and use your classes strengths, it does not matter too much what class you go, and more people want to play.
Reading this thread killed all desire to play this game again. Sucks when a community can't pull their head out of their hindquarters.
I would not worry about it. I've done tons of city fights in (mostly) premade warbands with all classes and everyone is chill about it. There are very few who truly fight for only the absolute "best" WB makeup. I also have seen every stripe on the order side of things as well.
84 BG
4x IB

Panodil

Post#74 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Agree, city warband its not like open rvr warband, its more a mix of good ST assist and good aoe pressure
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Aurandilaz

Post#75 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:09 pm

SaintRon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

good players > good class/team synergy > good class > good gear
You can win with various "non-meta" setups, but again if you deviate from 1st best or 2nd best possible combinations, you will have some extra challenge, which however can be overcome if the players who play those 3rd or 4th best class picks really know what they are doing and can carry their weight without dragging their team down.
Obviously if your own team is doing a random lul setup and facing an enemy who brings best optimized of the best available setups... just don't expect an easy victory? This applies to both sides, since in cities, the game is limited to 24v24, where each healer and dps and tank will have to do well, or their party collapses which eventually leads to a whole warband coming down in a domino effect.

Triemkrauler

Post#76 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 am S Tier
Aka Best at what they do
Order
Knight, BW, WP.
Destro
Bork

A Tier
Aka core of the warband
Order
SM, RP
Destro
Chosen, Sorc, Mara, DoK, Zealot

B Tier (it will be doubled in other tiers) - you want 1
Engie, Slayer, Choppa, Magus.

C tier
Aka Works in a PUG+
Order
IB, AM, Slayer
Destro
BG, Sham, Choppa, Meatball.

D Tier aka reroll
Order
WL, WH, SW
Destro
WE

A special case - engie and magus. As a damage dealers they shine only in funnels.
Hey there,
i played AoR while it was live and would like to come back again. Is this list still up to date?
Greetz

SaintRon

Post#77 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Triemkrauler wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm
Shooshpanzerer wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 am S Tier
Aka Best at what they do
Order
Knight, BW, WP.
Destro
Bork

A Tier
Aka core of the warband
Order
SM, RP
Destro
Chosen, Sorc, Mara, DoK, Zealot

B Tier (it will be doubled in other tiers) - you want 1
Engie, Slayer, Choppa, Magus.

C tier
Aka Works in a PUG+
Order
IB, AM, Slayer
Destro
BG, Sham, Choppa, Meatball.

D Tier aka reroll
Order
WL, WH, SW
Destro
WE

A special case - engie and magus. As a damage dealers they shine only in funnels.
Hey there,
i played AoR while it was live and would like to come back again. Is this list still up to date?
Greetz
It's only been a few months and after playing this a bunch over the last few weeks - it's mostly horse ****. Looking at that D rank for WL's and I'm honestly laughing.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#78 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Triemkrauler wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:08 pm Hey there,
Greetz
If we're talking Cities, then it changed, with D tier being Engie, Magus, SW (alas poor SW). WL, even WH and WE can do good in city instances). And for cities you need a mix of pressure (aka BW/Sorc) and melee.

Ads
klarsen

Post#79 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:49 am

One of the main issues for melee that's is rarely discussed is the fact that most people are playing with like 10 FPS in big battles and it's a significant "nerf" to anything that requires positioning and melee rotations. Way better to just have a squad of RPDS in the back and a solid front line. Simply getting past a tank line in slideshow mode can be impossible. If the engine was good and people had a solid 60 FPS, melee would be a lot more effective in ORvR, as they are in scenarios and cities. ORvR is rarely 24v24, it's usually 100+ on both sides and the WAR engine is insanely anti-melee in those situations. Tanks can get away with spending most of their time just holding the line and being in the way so it's not as bad for them. Playing an assassin with single-digit FPS is a nightmare.

vanbuinen77

Post#80 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Is this list up to date for ranked?
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman