Recent Topics

Ads

Huge download + shortcuts all over desktop?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
deskofsjn

Huge download + shortcuts all over desktop?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Just installed the game yesterday, played fine for a couple hours.

Today, start the launcher, and it shows it has to download over 171,000 files, and it's slapping up shortcuts all over my desktop. What is going on?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Huge download + shortcuts all over desktop?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 pm

deskofsjn wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:52 pm Just installed the game yesterday, played fine for a couple hours.

Today, start the launcher, and it shows it has to download over 171,000 files, and it's slapping up shortcuts all over my desktop. What is going on?
You put the launcher on your desktop. The launcher can't see the game files. The launcher is downloading all the game files. The launcher is very helpful.

You should probably keep the launcher where it can see the game files, or it will download them for you.

The Launcher goes in the same folder as War.exe
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

deskofsjn

Post#3 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:15 pm
deskofsjn wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:52 pm Just installed the game yesterday, played fine for a couple hours.

You put the launcher on your desktop. The launcher can't see the game files. The launcher is downloading all the game files. The launcher is very helpful.

You should probably keep the launcher where it can see the game files, or it will download them for you.

The Launcher goes in the same folder as War.exe
Any idea what the default location is? I'm trying to find where all the other files are on my computer, and for the life of me I can't find where it originally was.

deskofsjn

Post#4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Well, looks like everything I downloaded yesterday is just gone. No idea wtf happened. Guess I just have to start over.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:07 pm

There isn't a default location, it's wherever you told it to be. I recommend putting your WAR folder right on your desktop because most people tend to need stuff there in order to find it. If you didn't put it there you could always search your computer for war.exe. There's a tool called Everything Search that is really good for it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

deskofsjn

Post#6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:26 am

Well I'm just utterly confused and frustrated now. I can't find any of the files, so I tried downloading the torrent files again, and just get a message that some transfers are duplicates, then says "C:\Users\desko\AppData\Local\Temp\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020.torrent
has the same info-hash as existing transfer named
ReturnOfReckoning-March2020"
and then asks if it should merge trackers into existing transfers.

I've tried doing both yes and no replies, but nothing seems to happen either way, and I have no clue what I'm supposed to do now.

deskofsjn

Post#7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Can someone post a list of all the file names that the torrent downloads? It seems like some of the files are still there, but some are missing, which seems to be screwing the whole thing up. I'd like to be able to make sure I can find everything, delete it, and start over fresh. Other than that, I have no clue what to do other than use the launcher to download everything, which I'd really like to avoid.

deskofsjn

Post#8 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Looks like I figured it out.

What I had to do was uninstall Tixati and reinstall it. Then it let me download all the torrent files like the first time, and I was able to get back into the game.

Ads